30 Years Ago Today

artfromtex

Thirty years since the King of Rock passed away. I still remember the day and the reaction of my mom, dad, and grandmother.

Just wanted to make sure he wasn't forgotten on our little forum here. Rest in peace, Elvis. There will never be another like you.

Here's Elvis at his best in '56:

Elvis- Hound Dog (Milton Berle Show) and the aftermath of his "vulgar" performance

Never really listen to him... What shall I start with?

RIP anyways

His self-titled, it's Elvis at his best!

don't forget the Sun Studios stuff that preceeded the 1st lp (although some tracks on that 1st LP were Sun leftovers).

this is the best sounding Sun Records compilation on the market:

Elvis At Sun

5116W9ETDQL._AA240_.jpg

Harbor Lights

I Love You Because (take 2)

That's All Right, Mama

Blue Moon of Kentucky

Blue Moon (the vocal on this one is haunting)

Tomorrow Night

I'll Never Let You Go (Little Darlin')

Just Because

Good Rockin' Tonight

I Don't Care if the Sun Don't Shine

Milkcow Blues Boogie

You're a Heartbreaker

I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone (slow version)

I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone

Baby, Let's Play House

I Forgot to Remember to Forget

Mystery Train

Tryin' to Get to You

When It Rains, It Really Pours

Edited by artfromtex

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
Ok. Didn't find the selftitled on piratebay, so I'll download his whole discografia.

His whole discography? That's a lot of Elvis, dude! :lol:

3.25 gb :P Gonna take awhile :lol:

I was 3 years old when he died and I remember exactly where I was-at the Wendy's drive through. RIP.
i was 4 and i can remember it like it was yesterday. they broke in on all the tv stations and were doing the "man on the street" interviews getting peoples' reactions. everybody was stunned by it.
that one video of "Blue Suede Shoes" was Elvis' screen test for MGM (i think it was MGM). he's lip synching and the guitar has no strings.

so, it is today..

It was a really cool thing when I got to take the tour through his mansion in Graceland..Never have I seen so many gold and platinum records..It was an amazing site..I'd like to go back, because I was a bit younger the last time I went..It would make everything more fresh in my mind..

A great performer who deserves his legendary status..

R.I.P

I'll take Chuck Berry over Elvis The Pelvis any day. Black musicians were doing that shit before Elvis. The only reason he got so popular and was dubbed "The King" was because he was white. In those days, they weren't gonna promote the fuck out of a black man. Not that Elvis wasn't talented, he just wasn't "The King of RnR", IMO.

I'll take Chuck Berry over Elvis The Pelvis any day. Black musicians were doing that shit before Elvis. The only reason he got so popular and was dubbed "The King" was because he was white. In those days, they weren't gonna promote the fuck out of a black man. Not that Elvis wasn't talented, he just wasn't "The King of RnR", IMO.

Yes, but think about this. No Elvis, no Guns N' Roses.

one thing about the "stealing the black people's music" that i've always had a problem with is that R&B/Blues was only 1/3 of the fabric of Elvis' sound. he was equal parts country and gospel (both soulful black gospel and white male quartet gospel). it was his blending of those 3 sounds and styles that made up his early sound. he always gave credit to the guys that wrote the songs too (unlike Jimmy Page). the black artists/songwriters that Elvis covered made more money off of Elvis than anything or anybody else in their life.

"It's Now Or Never", "Suspicious Minds", "Burning Love", "Are You Lonesome Tonight?", "Guitar Man", "Always On My Mind", "Way Down", etc aren't what i would call "black" music. plus, who says any race owns a certain kind of music anyway?

Fantastic artist, one of the best singers ever. Sure he didn't write songs that much, but boy oh boy the feeling that you get when you hear his voice.

I enjoy listening and watching his 68-77 period the most.

Long live the king!

Fantastic artist, one of the best singers ever. Sure he didn't write songs that much, but boy oh boy the feeling that you get when you hear his voice.

I enjoy listening and watching his 68-77 period the most.Long live the king!

we're in the minority, but i agree completely.