Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You better be right Randy, or I will come to your house and I will cut you.

That's the sort of enthusiasm I like to hear. I've got a real good feeling about this. I was backing the Best Buy convention rumour stuff last week, before the leak surfaced, because I had a similar feeling.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Do you think Best Buy would sign a deal with Axl and co if they knew that there was a possibility that Axl could jerk them off? Axl Rose and Co need Best Buy a shit-tonne more that Best Buy needs them.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Randy you are being a bit naive if you think anything regarding the band could be out of Axls hands.

Axl's just a fucking musician. He's not some all powerful being. Nikki Sixx was right when he compared Axl to the man behind the curtain in the Wizard Of Oz.

Randy you are being a bit naive if you think anything regarding the band could be out of Axls hands.

Axl's just a fucking musician. He's not some all powerful being. Nikki Sixx was right when he compared Axl to the man behind the curtain in the Wizard Of Oz.

Yeah youare right, hes just a fucking musician, who just happens to own the fucking band whos fucking album you are talking about ;)

I love the band and want the album out as much as the next person on here. I also wish we had some updates. But Its all down to Mr Rose, and all that will only happen whenever he feels its ready, not what Azoff, Gould, or anyone else thinks or wants to do.

Yeah youare right, hes just a fucking musician, who just happens to own the fucking band whos fucking album you are talking about ;)

I love the band and want the album out as much as the next person on here. I also wish we had some updates. But Its all down to Mr Rose, and all that will only happen whenever he feels its ready, not what Azoff, Gould, or anyone else thinks or wants to do.

Azoff and Gould didn't sign on to be Axl's bitches. They will fire Axl's ass if he becomes an inconvenience. Axl needs them way more than they need Axl.

Has the Best Buy deal been confirmed OFFICIALLY yet? All I heard so far were rumors ... and rumors are not much to go on ...

I still don't think they're gonna release the album when the band is split into pieces touring with side projects. They're gonna wait till everyone is back. At some point in summer/ fall 2009 the earliest ...

Edited by A.J.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: Randy.

Ok now thats even more ridiculous than elephant noise threads. Again, Axl owns the band. If the label went and dumped him, im sure he would have enough of his own money to go and release the album his own way if he wanted to. I think finally the managers are getting somewhere, great, but if you think Axl will not have the final say on when HIS album from HIS band comes out, then wow :shocked:

Edited by Slimemonkey

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: Randy.

Ok now thats even more ridiculous than elephant noise threads. Again, Axl owns the band. If the label went and dumped him, im sure he would have enough of his own money to go and release the album his own way if he wanted to. I think finally the managers are getting somewhere, great, but if you think Axl will not have the final say on when HIS album from HIS band comes out, then wow :shocked:

Why would Best Buy cut a deal with Axl if Axl gets to pick (tell them) what the release date is?

Edited by Randy Lahey

[

Why would Best Buy cut a deal with Axl if Axl gets to pick (tell them) what the release date is?

Do you think Bestbuy are gonna decide the release date?

Yes I do. Do you think Best Buy cut the deal because they think they are going to make a shit-tonne of money off sales of Chinese Democracy? They cut the deal because it's good advertising for their store. People will come into Best Buy to pick up Chinese Democracy and they will walk out with Chinese Demcracy and some electronic gadget that caught their eye. Chinese Democracy is merely something to promote their store with. Black Friday is the perfect time to have people walking into Best Buy too. It's just smart business.

Edited by Randy Lahey

yes its good business for the store, to release the first guns n roses album in nearly 2 decades. Of Course its good business. I dunno what you do but in business deals you come up with a product and sell it to a business or retailer, and they sell it for you. They do not tell you when its going to be released. Thats your job. At best the store might get to negotiate, but its always the band that has the final say. In this case Axl Rose. C'mon man.

yes its good business for the store, to release the first guns n roses album in nearly 2 decades. Of Course its good business. I dunno what you do but in business deals you come up with a product and sell it to a business or retailer, and they sell it for you. They do not tell you when its going to be released. Thats your job. At best the store might get to negotiate, but its always the band that has the final say. In this case Axl Rose. C'mon man.

Try reading my last post again. They bought the rights to Chinese Democracy so they could use it to advertise their store and perhaps their Napster acquisition.

Edited by Randy Lahey

No they bought the rights to exclusively sell CD, or apparently they did. This will be used to promote their store, not a doubt in hell about that. However that in no way means they can dictate to Axl when he should release his own album.

obviously there was a negotiation between the band and best buy before the deal was done.

the release date being a big one no????

it's not like they do the deal and then axl has to decide when they release it. if the deal is done then the release date is agreed and both axl and best buy are happy.