Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

darknemous, why dont you post a screen shot of that supposedly awsome finding you had?

give him time, he'll fake one right up for ya ;)

or maybe you can go crawl underneath a production studio's console desk so that you can leak a radio rip of IRS. You know, be semi-useful? I've proven myself time and time again and have sought no credit, no kudos, no really anything.

-darknemus

i must've missed that wild story. let me guess, you crawled under a production studio's console. sure, bud ;)

what exactly have you proven? other than the fact that you're full of shit most the time, what exactly have you proven?

dark didn't arrange those presales. that was mysteron.

Edited by cornrose

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darknemus has done a lot of good stuff for the GNR community. Most notably I guess when he organised the Hammerstein presales for us.

So anyone who bashes darknemus here should really be ashamed of themselves.

I had nothing to do w/ the Hammerstein pre-sales. Sorry bout that. Can we get back on-topic, though? :)

-darknemus

Darknemus has done a lot of good stuff for the GNR community. Most notably I guess when he organised the Hammerstein presales for us.

So anyone who bashes darknemus here should really be ashamed of themselves.

Maybe I'll regret starting the bullshit parade, and if I'm wrong, I'll disappear from the site altogether. I'm a legit fan of the band, but I'm seeing things the past day or two that make me wonder what's real and what's legit. If no one else post skepticism, I feel a need to. I just hope myself and others are wrong. If I'm wrong, I'll fuckoff and disappear, no worries.

Tell you what - instead of bitching about me (when this is so NOT about me) why don't YOU try to be helpful to the GNR community and go talk a hoarder out of a track or two.. or maybe do some research on different SKUs / UPCs and share the info.. or maybe you can go crawl underneath a production studio's console desk so that you can leak a radio rip of IRS. You know, be semi-useful? I've proven myself time and time again and have sought no credit, no kudos, no really anything. I do it because its fun and I enjoy it. My life is far too busy and complex to devote the time to this that I used to but yes, when I can help, I will - as that's what fans do. We're supposed to bond together, common good, all that fun stuff.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go crash with my girl - lets hope tomorrow brings more information of a good nature. If not, oh well.

Ciao.

-darknemus

you know what i dont do or never have done? Lie to or steal from the gnr community

you have no respect

you have no credibility

zero..point...zero

The UPC database website states that the "UPC" term has been devalued somewhat, and, as of January 2005, retailers in the U.S. are supposed to be able to support what is now called a EAN/UCC-13 code. The code referenced for CD is, in fact, comprised of thirteen digits, but until we get a screen shot or direct printout, it's difficult to asses the accuracy of the number.

skus #s from best buy posted for 3 cds and 3lpsof chinese democracy not 3 different volumes of cds.

and a bunch of people flippin darknemus shit for no reason

No reason? Although I've just started posting, there seems to be some legitimacy to several others' claims. First of all, I doubted Sillentassasin for some SKU #'s of vinyl. Then, darknemus defends saying "let's not fight about stupid shit". Then he claims I'm a smart GnR fan. Then other users chime in on some bullshit he's pulled in the past. What The Fuck. Seriously. I had no problem with darknemus at first. Why would he send me a private message to make himself seem more legit to a newbie like myself, is he Sillentassassin on another pc?? I'm smelling bullshit now. I wanna believe all the positive stuff, but credibility is losing track very quickly. Can SEVERAL others confirm this supposed info on SKU's/etc? If not, please don't take stock in this and fall victim to a scam, that's my only reason for posting. Be wary and shit. People like to jump on the wagon very quickly from what I've read. Let's be sure, that's all.

And darknemus if I'm wrong, I'll disappear. Why? Because I'll be happy that CD has been released. It's just funny how all of a sudden I bring a tiny detail up of another user, it seems you defend him, and when the cards are stacked against, you become even MORE defensive. I don't have a reputation here at all, so if I'm an idiot here, nothing lost.

Edited by sanford

iv been away drinking and watching gnr shows and i see that i'v missed some bashing on darknemus. if you guys are that retarted then call up best buy tomarrow and have them check the rss system themselves. i did it today and got the results tomarrow. there should be no reason to not believe darknemus.

skus #s from best buy posted for 3 cds and 3lpsof chinese democracy not 3 different volumes of cds.

and a bunch of people flippin darknemus shit for no reason

No reason? Although I've just started posting, there seems to be some legitimacy to several others' claims. First of all, I doubted Sillentassasin for some SKU #'s of vinyl. Then, darknemus defends saying "let's not fight about stupid shit". Then he claims I'm a smart GnR fan. Then other users chime in on some bullshit he's pulled in the past. What The Fuck. Seriously. I had no problem with darknemus at first. Why would he send me a private message to make himself seem more legit to a newbie like myself, is he Sillentassassin on another pc?? I'm smelling bullshit now. I wanna believe all the positive stuff, but credibility is losing track very quickly. Can SEVERAL others confirm this supposed info on SKU's/etc? If not, please don't take stock in this and fall victim to a scam, that's my only reason for posting. Be wary and shit. People like to jump on the wagon very quickly from what I've read. Let's be sure, that's all.

And darknemus if I'm wrong, I'll disappear. Why? Because I'll be happy that CD has been released. It's just funny how all of a sudden I bring a tiny detail up of another user, it seems you defend him, and when the cards are stacked against, you become even MORE defensive. I don't have a reputation here at all, so if I'm an idiot here, nothing lost.

Im the one who posted the sku #s for the cds. The only reason i saw them is because i have been asking the media mgr everytime i go to Best buy for the last year or so. Today he said he found something in the rss system that he wanted to show me when i was in there today. He showed me 3 different cds for chinese democracy with sku #s and upcs with a $13.99 price point and 3 different sku #s and upcs for LPs priced at $ 19.99 each I posted the 3 skus i remembered which were the first 3 listed were all cds i didnt remember the other skus for lps because each sku has 3 different last #S. i asked if icould write down the skus or upcs or take a picture of the screen with my cell phone and he said i couldnt be cause it is internal information and had his login name on it. Darknemus confirmed the skus for the cds later in the day. and the silentassassin posted the skus for the 3 lps and a upc which there was no way i would of remembered when i got to my truck to write down. As of right now they are only listed in the rss system. Not the online or standard in store search. But there was later october date on the screen but not where the release date of nov. 25th was listed maybe it was the date when it we be listed on the normal site. i dont know but it was in the 20s. Thats the best i could find out.So when it is listed on Best buy check the skus and you will no im not lying about what i saw.

Im the one who posted the sku #s for the cds. The only reason i saw them is because i have been asking the media mgr everytime i go to Best buy for the last year or so. Today he said he found something in the rss system that he wanted to show me when i was in there today. He showed me 3 different cds for chinese democracy with sku #s and upcs with a $13.99 price point and 3 different sku #s and upcs for LPs priced at $ 19.99 each I posted the 3 skus i remembered which were the first 3 listed were all cds i didnt remember the other skus for lps because each sku has 3 different last #S. i asked if icould write down the skus or upcs or take a picture of the screen with my cell phone and he said i couldnt be cause it is internal information and had his login name on it. Darknemus confirmed the skus for the cds later in the day. and the silentassassin posted the skus for the 3 lps and a upc which there was no way i would of remembered when i got to my truck to write down. As of right now they are only listed in the rss system. Not the online or standard in store search. But there was later october date on the screen but not where the release date of nov. 25th was listed maybe it was the date when it we be listed on the normal site. i dont know but it was in the 20s. Thats the best i could find out.So when it is listed on Best buy check the skus and you will no im not lying about what i saw.

I'm sold....This is as close to proof of a physical product as we've ever had. As always, hoping for the best.

we are getting 3 different cds

that's why billboard said "set" in the article

I think it is just either 3 different covers or 3 different bonus discs not 3 different volumes of chinese democracy.

I agree. We are NOT getting all three volumes of CD at once.

that would suck :(

i hate it when artists sell the same album with different covers

Each store will probably have some freebie like a keychain for the first batch of cds sold. So the first 100 or 1000 or whatever number of people to buy the cd at each store will get a lame addon of some sort. That requires a 2nd SKU. I'm not sure about the need for a 3rd though there could be a choice between 2 cheap add-on freebies. Othe examples include a preview cd, a t-shirt, a cd-rom or DVD with a video, or a bonus cd with a live track.

I doubt this means a choice between different covers. Not really Axl's style though maybe he's spent 5 years choosing between background colors and Azoff finally convinced him he could release it both ways :)

ok i have no idea what an SKU is someone please explain... I called this number at around 2pm eastern time today 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and no one seemed to have any clue as to what the fuck chinese democracy is. The lady I talked to searched some type of system and came up with nothing, she talked to her supervisor and told me to call back in a couple of weeks to see if anything new came up.

One album, multiple configurations.

That would be insane. Like the same album but a few tracks different on each album, 10 constant songs and three songs different. So have to buy 4 copies to get all songs.

Sort of like Pearl Jams live albums, so many of them but fans had to buy them all.

One album, multiple configurations.

That would be insane. Like the same album but a few tracks different on each album, 10 constant songs and three songs different. So have to buy 4 copies to get all songs.

Sort of like Pearl Jams live albums, so many of them but fans had to buy them all.

THis is pure marketing brilliance.....think about it ...the "10" Constant songs would be leaks hardcores have heard so the 3-4 changed up songs between albums would be all new songs nobodys ever heard.

so all the diehards would buy as many albums as they release.