Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick update:

All six SKUs are in the RSS and my friend is print screening those. Once he gets home he'll either scan or take pictures of them and provide them to me to provide to you.

It does say the three $19.99 SKUs are Vinyl, btw. There is currently no additional information in the RSS on these disc(s)

-darknemus

Youth, I don't want to argue, but it's a fact that leaking album 6 weeks before release date is bad for sales. If you think that leaking and illegaly downloading of music is helping to music industry, it's funny. Just look at numbers, how many albums was sold per year in 80s or 90s..and the difference between nowadays. Huge difference, it's a fact, numbers can not lie.

Edited by BatVin

Quick update:

All six SKUs are in the RSS and my friend is print screening those. Once he gets home he'll either scan or take pictures of them and provide them to me to provide to you.

It does say the three $19.99 SKUs are Vinyl, btw. There is currently no additional information in the RSS on these disc(s)

-darknemus

Tell him to save time and hassle and just save print screens to flash drive or some kind of memory, pictures or scans is a hassle compared to saving to memory, shit even email them.

Youth, I don't want to argue, but it's a fact that leaking album 6 weeks before release date is bad for sales. If you think that leaking and illegaly downloading of music is helping to music industry, it's funny. Just look at numbers, how many albums was sold per year in 80s or 90s..and the difference between nowadays. Huge difference, it's a fact, numbers can not lie.

No, its not a fact. Maybe the RIAA's price fixing of CDs, watered down mainstream garbage, and overall poor attitude towards both loyal fans and new technology have played a part in declining album sales. Internet downloading did not kill album sales, corporations did.

15 dollars for a CD with 2 good songs that cost 35 cents to produce? And you're gonna blame Kazaa? No sir.

9 leaked tracks = HUGE publicity, including rolling stone, Time, Drudgereport, etc = more album sales

Edited by Youth

If he can printscreen - he will, but remember, this is on BestBuy's computer, so I have no idea if its even a windows box.. and I'm not prying to find out :) He's doing me a favor, as it is.

-darknemus

Its cool dark, i just meant if he was print screening the windows then its easier or quicker to load to memory than scanning or pictures, all dependant on what he has at his disposal

No, its not a fact. Maybe the RIAA's price fixing of CDs, watered down mainstream garbage, and overall poor attitude towards both loyal fans and new technology have played a part in declining album sales. Internet downloading did not kill album sales, corporations did.

15 dollars for a CD with 2 good songs that cost 35 cents to produce? And you're gonna blame Kazaa? No sir.

9 leaked tracks = HUGE publicity, including rolling stone, Time, Drudgereport, etc = more album sales

Well, you can also say that gravity on earth is not a fact.

CDs are expensive becouse sales are low, it isn't to the contary. CD sales were falling down like napser downloading etc. were growing up. Lots of people who used to buy CDs don't do that anymore, becouse they can easily download everything and they don't care about anything else. I'm sure you know that. I know few peoples who now buys CDs but I know lots of people who have gigabites of Mp3s on their computers. Most of them also used to buy music legally in the past, when there was nothing like torrents or napster.

Dark - are you saying that there are 3 different albums for 'simultaneous release???

There are three different SKUs - entitled in BestBuy's RSS 'Chinese Democracy Version 1' 'Chinese Democracy Version 2' and 'Chinese Democracy Version 3'

No one knows WHAT the difference is between them - my guess is they are NOT three separate albums though due to the Edmonton Best Buy (Canada) only having one SKU showing. Remember, this is very early in the fact finding process so no one really knows WHATS going on at this point.

-darknemus

Well, you can also say that gravity on earth is not a fact.

CDs are expensive becouse sales are low, it isn't to the contary. CD sales were falling down like napser downloading etc. were growing up. Lots of people who used to buy CDs don't do that anymore, becouse they can easily download everything and they don't care about anything else. I'm sure you know that. I know few peoples who now buys CDs but I know lots of people who have gigabites of Mp3s on their computers. Most of them also used to buy music legally in the past, when there was nothing like torrents or napster.

CDs were always expensive. mp3s didn't change that - if ANYTHING, the competition with free downloads forced them to lower the price somewhat.

If lower sales mean high prices, why can independent bands sell CDs for 8-10 dollars?

I'm saying there's a lot more variables to this than free mp3s, and in this world, the successful labels and bands are the ones who embrace that fact, and use it to their advantage.

My issue is with the people who claim that leaking the CD hurts the band or delays the record. I don't think you can say that for certain, and in my opinion, all the evidence points the opposite direction. What the has to do with gravity, I have no idea.

Dark - are you saying that there are 3 different albums for 'simultaneous release???

There are three different SKUs - entitled in BestBuy's RSS 'Chinese Democracy Version 1' 'Chinese Democracy Version 2' and 'Chinese Democracy Version 3'

No one knows WHAT the difference is between them - my guess is they are NOT three separate albums though due to the Edmonton Best Buy (Canada) only having one SKU showing. Remember, this is very early in the fact finding process so no one really knows WHATS going on at this point.

-darknemus

Thanks for clearing that up. I fuckin hope it's a Trilogy so that we don't have to wait for another 14 years or so :P

anyone saying downloading doesnt affect cd sales needs to get a grip...it DOES!! how else can you explain album sales going down around 10-15% per year??

all you need to sell is 50K to get a top 10, sometimes top 5 album!!

I can explain it by saying that everything Nielsen soundscan tracks is pure shit, and the trend towards commercialized pop crap has killed anyone's desire to get price gouged for a CD.

Maybe you'll call it rose colored glasses, but the state of mainstream music at the conception of compact discs was MUCH better than the Nickelback, Hannah Montana, T.I., Rhianna trash we have now.

Think THAT could have an effect on it?

anyone saying downloading doesnt affect cd sales needs to get a grip...it DOES!! how else can you explain album sales going down around 10-15% per year??

I can explain it by saying that everything Nielsen soundscan tracks is pure shit, and the trend towards commercialized pop crap has killed anyone's desire to get price gouged for a CD.

Maybe you'll call it rose colored glasses, but the state of mainstream music at the conception of compact discs was MUCH better than the Nickelback, Hannah Montana, T.I., Rhianna trash we have now.

Think THAT could have an effect on it?

its a chicken and the egg scenario.....have people downloaded because of the shitty music on the radio these days, or did the fact that no one was buying cds anymore make the studios create nice safe mainstream acts to sell to radio...

but when you look at a band get TONS of airplay and only sell 200-300K albums....and cd sales declining each year....you cant say downloading doesnt have an affect on it......bands would go diamond in the 80s....now if you go platinum, or even gold its a Huge accomplishment...

take chinese democracy for example.....it would probably sell 2x as much had it come out in 2002 than if it come out this year...

youth, I don't think I can change your attitude. Just like for example gunsnmotley said:

I agee with him and I agree with redactors of music magazines, or anybody else in music industry and all others. For sure, leaking and than downloading do not help albums sales. It's like leaking movies before premiere for sure do not help visit rates of cinemas or DVDs sells.

so that's it, and about publicity,if there are no leaks, there is some kind of mystery about Chinese Democracy..it's interesting for journalists, it's interesting for us.We don't know exactly how it is like and that's why we're interested in it even more. If CD would leak today, yeah, of course, newspapers will write about it tomorow, but that's all, that would be end of that mystery, there would be only few mentiones about CD in 6 weeks, when CD is released. And all CDs need publicity.

I think File Sharing hurts and helps artist. Of course you have a lot of people who will download and not buy the album, and yes that does hurt the artist. However, its also works as an advantage because I have downloaded lots of albums that friends have recommended I check out and then end up buying their albums and going to their concerts. Had I not had the option to simply download the album and check it out I probably would have never even bothered checking that band out, and spending money on them. So File Sharing is not always a bad thing just because some people abuse it.

I dont think an album leaking early hurts sales, especially if it leaks a week or so before the release date. It does suck when a bands album leaks like 2 months in advance though. I have actually gotten tired of albums before they are officially released because they leaked so early.

Quick update:

-darknemus

Tell him to save time and hassle and just save print screens to flash drive or some kind of memory, pictures or scans is a hassle compared to saving to memory, shit even email them.

How about using a....... I dont know, say a camera and take a picture of the screen?? Crazy Idea, I know.. but think about it??

It's cool there are 3 versions of CDs... I can only guess what it is about.

Maybe, we will get 3 whole different and original albums. It would be awesome

-- maybe it's that Chinese, Russian and German thing...but I don't think so

-- maybe one is in classic-GNR-tune, one sounds little bit industrial and the last one sounds little bit like Queen does.It would be pretty cool

-- or just like illusions, 3 well-ballanced CDs.

Or, there will be few same tracks and than bonus tracks, different on each of them.

-- also it's possible that on each of CDs are best tracks of all material and then on first one old-gnr-tuned tracks, on second one industrial-tuned etc.

-- maybe it's only for sales - who wants to have all tracks, he has to buy all 3. Most peoples would be good with only one Chinese Democracy

Or, threre is only one real CD and there is difference only in cover or something like that.

What do you think guys?

Edited by BatVin

Quick update:

-darknemus

SKUs? RSS?... WTF? ;) anybody care to translate for me

Thx Stu2291

Quick update:

-darknemus

How about using a....... I dont know, say a camera and take a picture of the screen?? Crazy Idea, I know.. but think about it??

Ok your way is quicker

Quick update:

-darknemus

SKUs? RSS?... WTF? ;) anybody care to translate for me

Thx Stu2291

A sku # is what best buy gives every product it has it it's system. Just an identification number, basically. If there are 3 skus for Chinese Democracy, then there are 3 different discs. What the differences are, is a complete mystery.