Rap is Crap

vulgar

vote Dammit!  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I stopped halfway through reading that. Couldn't do it.

Call me ignorant, or whatever, I really don't give a fuck. I have no love for this genre of "music" whatsoever.

To each his own, man. If you don't like it, that's cool. I kind of feel the same way about most metal, some of the lyrics are good but largely their style just kind of irritates me. However, I did finally find a metal band I really like called Opeth... they're pretty sweet, a Swedish group, you'd probably like them because I know you're into metal. They're a bit more melodic than most metal bands, it's a really interesting mix of styles. Download/buy this one:

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ope...lackwater_park/

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped halfway through reading that. Couldn't do it.

Call me ignorant, or whatever, I really don't give a fuck. I have no love for this genre of "music" whatsoever.

To each his own, man. If you don't like it, that's cool. I kind of feel the same way about most metal, some of the lyrics are good but largely their style just kind of irritates me. However, I did finally find a metal band I really like called Opeth... they're pretty sweet, a Swedish group, you'd probably like them because I know you're into metal. They're a bit more melodic than most metal bands, it's a really interesting mix of styles. Download/buy this one:

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ope...lackwater_park/

yeah opeth is awesome rock4

ignore vulgar all together, he does this on purpose, he likes getting flamed, he's positively fuelled by it because he thinks it makes him a renegade thinker or something. i dont understand people who come to message board which are ostensibly avenues for discussion with a closed mind, with their mind already made up on a subject and just basically not giving a fuck, not caring enough to give a fuck, just to argue with a bunch of people to fuel their own self-importance. its got to a point where its just boring for me to observe, why sit around trying to make relevant points for someone to just go "i dont give a fuck, i dont give a fuck" in reply to them? if you dont give a fuck then whats the point in talking about it? whats the point in voicing an opinion somewhere public when all you get is offended when someone challenges it.

seriously Vulgar, what exactly is the purpose of this thread? to just state your opinion without it being challenged or are you looking for like-minded people for some sort of sense of personal security because you sure as hell aint looking for a discussion, cuz it looks like you just wannabe abusive for some kind of olympic purpose y'know, to see how far you can go with it, just like if i was to sit here calling you a fucking oiley little metalhead hooray for tolerance! without the balls and the brains to do something that doesnt immediately fit you into some weiner ass little long dead 80s stereotype that no one ever filled the shoes of anyway. there wouldnt be a lot of point to it.

rock on playboy, the world is yours ;)

P.S. for someone looking for some amusingly alternative rap, check out Get MTV Off The Air part II by MC Paul Barman. this aint that song but its a sample:

Edited by ffrankwhite

Rap is more than that G-Unit crap you see at MTV all day. Check out It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back.

i'd rather not thank you very much.

It's your loss. Too bad you're so ignorant.

you hate 80s hair metal, yet you like rap? at least the hair metal dudes had some talent. rap is just some dudes sitting around, trying to ryhme. pretty lame, if you ask me.

Rap is more than that G-Unit crap you see at MTV all day. Check out It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back.

you hate 80s hair metal, yet you like rap? at least the hair metal dudes had some talent. rap is just some dudes sitting around, trying to ryhme. pretty lame, if you ask me.

as opposed to hair metal which is a bunch of guys standing around dressed as girls telling you about how hard they party? oh, and last time i looked, rappers werent TRYING to rhyme, they were fucking excellent at it.

observe:

Warm It Up Kane

Dude; like HRS said - you think rappers are so goddamned talentless you try it! Give us a laugh and show us how easy it is to be a rapper :rolleyes:

I'm ready and waiting.

..and for the record anyone with a basic knowledge of guitar/bass/drums could play a simple cheesy 80's hair metal song. Piece of piss. Takes something special to be a rapper.

xDSGx

Edited by DopeSickGirl

Dude; like HRS said - you think rappers are so goddamned talentless you try it! Give us a laugh and show us how easy it is to be a rapper :rolleyes:

I'm ready and waiting.

..and for the record anyone with a basic knowledge of guitar/bass/drums could play a simple cheesy 80's hair metal song. Piece of piss. Takes something special to be a rapper.

xDSGx

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bdqpI0wk7yc

like this for instance :)

I'm ready and waiting.

xDSGx

Yea, I could go get shot a few times, and get a record deal. :rolleyes:

I'd rather listen to some cheesy ass hair metal, over a bunch of "yea" and "yo" over and over again. Really.

I'm ready and waiting.

xDSGx

I'd rather listen to some cheesy ass hair metal, over a bunch of "yea" and "yo" over and over again. Really.

You go get shot ;)

Being shot isn't restricted to rappers you know? Didn't do Dimebags career too much good now did it?

xDSGx

I'm ready and waiting.

xDSGx

dude, check out some of the links i've posted, theres more to it than a bunch of yeah yeahs and yo yo's, ignore the visuals and the stereotypes and observe it on like, an aesthetic level if you will. the rhyme, the meter, the ability to rhyme multiple syllables like that, the wordplay, its akin to possibly not liking a songs subject matter but appreciating the technical prowess of a guitarist who can play well.

I'm ready and waiting.

xDSGx

You go get shot ;)

Being shot isn't restricted to rappers you know? Didn't do Dimebags career too much good now did it?

xDSGx

Comparing the two is so fucking wrong on many levels. To be honest, I can't believe you even brought that comparison up.

How often do you hear about a metal guitar player being shot on the street simply because of the clothes they wear? Or some stupid gang related shit? Don't happen.

I'll use 50 for example, as he is a popular rap figure right now. Nobody heard of that stupid mother fucker until he got shot 18 times or whatever, then he was signed to a major label. Get it?

And ok, not everyone can rhyme like these guys do, but I can't stand when they don't pronounce the word correct. Go back to school.

It's a fucking trend that I hope dies real soon.

I'm ready and waiting.

xDSGx

You go get shot ;)

xDSGx

Comparing the two is so fucking wrong on many levels. To be honest, I can't believe you even brought that comparison up.

How often do you hear about a metal guitar player being shot on the street simply because of the clothes they wear? Or some stupid gang related shit? Don't happen.

I'll use 50 for example, as he is a popular rap figure right now. Nobody heard of that stupid mother fucker until he got shot 18 times or whatever, then he was signed to a major label. Get it?

And ok, not everyone can rhyme like these guys do, but I can't stand when they don't pronounce the word correct. Go back to school.

It's a fucking trend that I hope dies real soon.

i heard of 50 Cent before he got shot, i heard him on the madd rappers album guesting on the song How To Rob, i heard of him when he battled Eyedea and E-Dubb, he was underground heat. and he didnt get famous cuz he got shot that many times, he got famous because Slim Shady signed him up and he had dre producing. and dude, every single music genre or culture has their own indigenious slang, even rock n roll has it. like parents in the 50s were just as pissed with that what'cha know daddio jive talking that came with rock n roll culture thats now become a part of our day to day language, like the word dude for example. the original meaning of that before rock n roll came about is some hunters used to call someone who was wet behind the ears when they went out hunting. thats just as much a misappropriation of a word and theres are 100s of others.

and if its a trend dude its second only to rock n roll in terms of longevity. been around since the early 70s. rock n rolls only just over 15 years older than it.

Edited by ffrankwhite