Strat vs Tele

So I need to buy a new guitar. I'm playing live regularly, and my guitar is starting to break up because it's the worst piece of shit ever invented.

I wanted to know the differences between a strat and a tele... I'm going to check them out soon, but wanted to hear your opinions

Thanks

when you play the blues, you can't beat slide guitar on the tele

if you throw hard distortion onto the tele you get a really nice rock rythm guitar sound

as far as solos go......if you remember the tone from slash's lead on "since I don't have you" that was a tele

I favor the telecaster HEAVILY over the strat soundwise, cause there's a bunch of cool tricks you can pull on the tele(the psuedo-wah for example)

they're both great. i'm currently in love with my James Burton Tele. it took a while to get used to the neck, it's a bit on the thick side. i've been playing Jackson and Ibanez for 8 years now. but now that i'm used to the thiker neck, i prefer it.

i plan on getting a strat in Feb. but, if i could only have one guitar, it'd be a Telecaster.

Paisley.jpgPaisley_back.jpg

I love my Mexican Fat Strat to pieces, and personally can't stand the weight distribution on Teles. The Strat is just so comfortable, and I love the tone. I've got an '04 Arctic white Strat, with a black pickgaurd and a Floyd Rose, can't beat it! I plan on taking out one of the single coils one day and putting another humbucker on.