This is sad...

Axl In Lafayette

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is no surprise - I couldn't be arsed to download it for free let alone buy it. In fact I couldn't be bothered to download the Axl tracks, and he's hardly on a shit load of studio material.

I can imagine that Axl is removing bach's vocals from Sorry as we speak and that can only be a good thing.

:xmassrudolph:

LP

I feel bad for Baz, even though I dont care for his music at all. I dont feel REAL bad, but it must hurt a littl if the sales figures are correct. That being said, that song he BITS is horrible, it really is a lousy version of a song which really had no need to be rerecorded.

This is just another primary example of how insulated the GNR boards are from reality in the music world. There was zero buzz about this album outside of GNR fan boards, and couple that with the fact radio stations are not falling over themselves to play new material from middle aged rockers whose fame peaked 20 years ago and you have a recipe for how Bach moves 6,400 copies. Without Axl it would have been lucky to move 400. I am sure Axl is also cringing right now though because his quasi studio return didn't so much as move the needle for Bach. He may be beginning to realize he missed his window to achieve the type of success he probably wanted on his come back. Anyone who thinks things will end up drastically better for GNR compared to what VR and Bach have went through are smoking crack. Outside of being great draws on the nostalgia tour circuit, mid/late 40 something acts have little to no commercial viability in today's market. That is just how it is, and maybe this will kick Axl to shit or get of the pot before the oldies magic stations are his only platform to have his music played.

This is just another primary example of how insulated the GNR boards are from reality in the music world. There was zero buzz about this album outside of GNR fan boards, and couple that with the fact radio stations are not falling over themselves to play new material from middle aged rockers whose fame peaked 20 years ago and you have a recipe for how Bach moves 6,400 copies. Without Axl it would have been lucky to move 400. I am sure Axl is also cringing right now though because his quasi studio return didn't so much as move the needle for Bach. He may be beginning to realize he missed his window to achieve the type of success he probably wanted on his come back. Anyone who thinks things will end up drastically better for GNR compared to what VR and Bach have went through are smoking crack. Outside of being great draws on the nostalgia tour circuit, mid/late 40 something acts have little to no commercial viability in today's market. That is just how it is, and maybe this will kick Axl to shit or get of the pot before the oldies magic stations are his only platform to have his music played.

while there seems to be some logic in your post....that single FUCKING SUCKED. really it did.

its all about music, not age.

You comparing Apples with Orange......mullethead music is just that...a blast from the past. Meanwhile Axl had a leaked demo where the radio stations went crazy about..couldn't stop playing them.

That's the deferents! :D

mid/late 40 something acts have little to no commercial viability in today's market. That is just how it is, and maybe this will kick Axl to shit or get of the pot before the oldies magic stations are his only platform to have his music played.

The Eagles new album peaked at #1 in the billboard 200 and is currently sitting at #6 with Led Zeppelin new in at #7.

while there seems to be some logic in your post....that single FUCKING SUCKED. really it did.

Agreed. There are three decent songs (bought the album for $9.99 from iTunes) on the album at best, and to be honest with you, the lyrics are so fucking corny it is hard to listen to them. My girlfriend (who likes GNR, Motley Crew & Iron Maiden) HATES this album. Looks like Bazz tried hard to make it epic. But "the thing I get that Bazz doesn't get" is that he songs are just not very good. But I also bought Alicia keys and Jaz Z's new album AND WAS EVEN LESS IMPRESSED. R&B and hip-hop are in fashion now so I guess the whole theory of pop culture comes into play with the sales pertaining to those albums. I do wish however that Bazz's album did sell better. I am really tired of the direction our culture is going. I just don't think it is "cool" anymore to listen to the music WE love. My parents were right.......

Bearing in mind, that's on a minor label, and just in the states thus far.

It'll sell far more :)

Yeah, he's huge in Japan. All kidding aside, I hope the sales pick up as word spreads. I like the album, even if liking it makes me a dinosaur.

Michael Christopher of DelcoTimes.com recently conducted an interview with former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach. A few excerpts from the chat follow:

On the delay in getting his first "proper" collection of all-new solo material released:

"Good things take time; good things come to those to wait. I wasn't just going to put out some BS. I am trying to establish myself as a solo artist, because SKID ROW was so huge, and it's hard to do. The only way you can do it is with a great album."

On the grandiose album closer "Falling Into You", which carries the influence of Bach's stints in professional theater:

"I did four Broadway shows, and I am 100 percent bringing that vibe, theatricality and all the different kinds of sounds to the record. I enjoy taking what I learned from theater and bringing it into rock and roll."

On how he wants to be remembered:

"Ozzy Osbourne, when he was kicked out of BLACK SABBATH, he made 'Blizzard of Ozz', and I hope to God that this record is like my 'Blizzard of Ozz' where people go, 'Man, Bas can do it on his own.'"

On the cover of the AEROSMITH classic "Back in the Saddle", which features a guest appearance by Axl Rose:

"It was hard to mix that one because I laid down six tracks, and Axl laid down like, nine tracks, but then we had to put it together, and it was hard to pick who gets what line. I basically followed the lyrics, I mean, let's figure it out: 'I'm calling all the shots tonight/I'm like a loaded gun.' I'm like, 'That's Axl!' 'I'm loading up pistol?' That's Axl! Anything with guns; so we let the music decide who sings where."

On being a fixture of television shows from the sitcom "Gilmore Girls" to "Celebrity Rap Superstar":

"We live in a celebrity-obsessed culture, and I'm one of those dudes who is on TV all the time. I don't know how that happened really, but I've just been asked to do all of these outlandish things in the last seven years that have taken me into a different direction."

On his made-for-TV band DAMNOCRACY, which played its first and only gig during the final episode of the VH1 show "SuperGroup" in which fellow bandmember Ted Nugent went off afterward on-camera about Bach being unprofessional for throwing T-shirts out to the crowd, taking away from his own guitar solo:

"I was watching it like, finally, a cool episode. I had a ton of people in my house and we were all drinking, watching it, and (Nugent) says that; I almost whipped a bottle through my TV set."

On "cooling" on his fanboy devotion to the outspoken Ted Nugent:

"I will always love Ted Nugent, and he will always be one of my heroes, but it was that one thing that was really enough's enough for me. It's like, you can call me whatever you want, but you don't call a guy who starred in four Broadway musicals 'an unprofessional.' You don't call a guy who's been on a sitcom for five seasons 'an unprofessional.' That was the thing that was really below the belt, and that was it for me. It was like; you're taking the whole thing to far dude. Let's ask the kid who got the free T-shirt if it was unprofessional of me to do that. What is bad about that? I just don't get it."

On being on television:

"I don't want anybody I've worked with in TV to take this the wrong way, but I'm gonna be a hundred percent honest: I don't give a (expletive) about TV — it doesn't mean anything to me. Television is really a meaningless art form. I think that the best thing I did on TV was the 'Gilmore Girls', other than that ... when you put on 'Angel Down', that CD to me, will be listened to many years after I'm dead and gone."

"There is no art form like music. When you hear a song that you loved as a kid and you hear it now, it makes you feel like a kid. Like when I watch 'Jaws' now, I don't feel like I did in 1975. When I listen to 'Summer Breeze' by SEALS AND CROFTS, I can shut my eyes and it's 1975."

On flirting with the opportunity to take over the lead vocals for one of his favorite acts as a kid in VAN HALEN shortly after Sammy Hagar departed:

"There was definitely a meeting I had in 1996 with (Bach manager) Doc McGhee where it was told to me that (then-VH manager) Ray Daniels and VAN HALEN were inquiring about me to be the lead singer — but that's as far as it went. There was this whole thing about Eddie and Alex couldn't have a lead singer in the band who smoked pot. And I go, 'That's pretty funny, because you know where I learned to smoke pot? At a VAN HALEN concert!'"

Read the entire interview at DelcoTimes.com.

15 years ago he probably would have sold something like 10 times this number.

True, because in 1992 people actually cared about who Sebastian Bach was.

I guess the same could be said for Slash...I mean, Libertad was one of those blockbuster megahits. In fact, because Slash is on it, Libertad is better than every GN'R, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Nirvana, Aerosmith, AC/DC and Stone Temple Pilots ever released.