Should I upgrade my amp?

I've got a Marshall MG50 combo amp right now and I'm been toying with the idea of upgrading to a half stack for a while now. It just so happens I was flipping through the Guitar Center booklet and saw the sale they have on MG100DFX head and cab for $599. Now, I know it's a good deal, but is it worth it in your guys' opinions? Also any ideas how to make a quick $600 in a month?

No. You're going from a small low quality amp to a big low quality amp.

If you want your money well spent, and if you want it in head form - get a DSL50. The head costs as much as the MG stack, but sounds so much better is not funny.

I assume you're gigging, but ff you're just bedroom playing, I'd advise against a stack totally.

If you want your money well spent, and if you want it in head form - get a DSL50. The head costs as much as the MG stack, but sounds so much better is not funny.

I assume you're gigging, but ff you're just bedroom playing, I'd advise against a stack totally.

It's something I would consider, but the head is actually $1300 according to musiciansfriend, and has a list price of $1850. Deffinitely too expensive right now.

It's something I would consider, but the head is actually $1300 according to musiciansfriend, and has a list price of $1850. Deffinitely too expensive right now.

Ah >< I was reading in £. Nevermind.

Stay away from Marshall MG's.

Worst amp EVER.

Ive been hearing that for a lot of people. And francally i have no idea where it is coming from.

Im not too up on amps having only owned a few, but ive consulted very experienced guitarists and they think the MGs are fine. Obviously not the best, but not as horrific as everyone makes them out to be.

Worst amp EVER.

what!!

i love my tone!!!!!!!!

Have you ever played a good amp?

Worst amp EVER.

Ive been hearing that for a lot of people. And francally i have no idea where it is coming from.

Im not too up on amps having only owned a few, but ive consulted very experienced guitarists and they think the MGs are fine. Obviously not the best, but not as horrific as everyone makes them out to be.

I beg to differ. MG's are really that bad. Im not so found of solid state amps in the first place, but I would rather have any other amp than a Marshall MG.

They are utter rubbish. Only reason people buy them is because it says Marshall on the front. Which is a scam.

the mgs are seriously over priced, the wee 15watt ones are fine as they are only about £50 but anything more than that is a rip off, why would you want to go from poor sounding 50wat amp to a poor sounding 100 wat amp? if you dont want to spend the money on a dsl50 head have a look and see how much a dsl401 combo is, or even have a look at the jcm800 or even jcm900 duel reverb on ebay as i hear these are good amps