Queen + Paul Rogers

Vincent Vega

WTF? I understand they're not replacing Freddie, but I hear they're making a new album, and that it's going to be released under the Queen name. That's fucked up. Paul Rogers is NOTHING compared to Freddie in terms of vocals, stage presence, or anything. I realize Freddie wanted them to go on, but as a fan it's very hard to accept. How can Brian May and Roger Taylor be Queen alone?

There's no Freddie or John Deacon

First of all, it will NOT be released as Queen, it will be released as Queen + Paul Rodgers. I saw them live in '06, and I must admit, I was worried about the potential they band had, and the second Paul hit the stage all my doubt and skepticism went right out the window. I think it works because Paul isn't trying to be Freddie, Paul is only trying to be himself. It's a very different sound, Freddie was more of an operatic vocalist whereas Paul is more of a bluesy singer. I particularly liked the new song they were playing on the US tour (Take Love), and if it's any indication of what's to come it'll be a really great record.

:lol:

I just love how some people say "THIS IS NOT QUEEN", and still support GNR.

At least they have bothered to change the name to Queen and Paul Rodger. They've never tried to be Queen,

it's not their intention to try to be Queen. They're simply great musicians who play together.

They do material from both sides.

Paul Rodgers is probably one of my favorite vocalists.

Edited by Raw Power

:lol:

I just love how some people say "THIS IS NOT QUEEN", and still support GNR.

At least they have bothered to change the name to Queen and Paul Rodger. They've never tried to be Queen,

it's not their intention to try to be Queen. They're simply great musicians who play together.

They do material from both sides.

Paul Rodgers is probably one of my favorite vocalists.

Indeed although they did make an awesome tribute song for Freddie under the name Queen (Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon) and that will be the last "Queen" song as far as I know.. Really emotional song in any case