Post your pedal board/set-up

Hey all, was just curious as to what pedal setup people use and where they purchased/how they made their pedalboard. I'm looking to make a pedal board to fit in a flight case, or to use the lid of a flight case as the pedal board. Any stories, ideas, suggestions, etc welcome

Monty

I own a Boss Me-20 , it has alot of effects , deley ,reverb etc , and a great combination of powerful distortions.

The great thing about this is it has a Wah pedal and you can save the settings of every song on it and just pick a number and use it live , its fast and reliable.

if your into seriousis giging try the more professional boards of the Boss family.

I'm not done with my pedalboard. I've still got some pedals left before I'm happy with my sound.

My setup is gonna look like this when I'm done:

VOX AC30 -> Boss TU-2 -> Boss DD-3 -> Phase 90 -> Catalinbread Super Charged Overdrive -> VOX WahWah -> Fender Tele '52

What I'm trying to get is a Gibson LP R8, and a pedal which can give me those dry muddy tones from an Fender combo which is pressed

to the maximun. Thinking about getting an Ethos OD for that. Not sure..

Mine:

pedalboard.jpg

Scrap piece of wood with astro turf. Holes cut in astro turf for pedals and velco used to stick pedals to the board. Signal flows from right to left.

Guitar > Korg DT-10 Tuner > Dunlop GCB-95 Wah > Boss FV-50 H Volume > Boss SD-1 Super OD (modded) > JCM 900 half stack

Effects loop > Boss GE-7 EQ > Rocktron Short Timer Delay

In this image the pedals are all in series (no effects loop) which is how I set up for practice at home. When effects loop is used, Short Timer is always on with slight slapback delay. EQ is used as a boost for solos. SD-1 just to push the tubes a little harder (awesome pedal). Volume set with minimum volume around 1/3 full volume so I can play clean then push forward and distortion will come through. Wah used very sparingly - not a huge fan - perhaps just a wakka wakka here and there. Tuner = best pedal ever.

Distortion from the amp, boost from a Marshall Bluesbreaker, Cry Baby Wah.

Amp distortion is where it's at!

I hate pedal distortions I can never make them sound anything other than "Generic Metal Band".

Amp distortion is the same as well, you just get "Generic rock band" that way. But the Bluesbreaker makes all the difference. One of the best pedals around, and solid as fuck.

i can't hot link this pic but here's my setup.

Dunlop 535-Q Wah

Keeley modded TS-808 Tube Screamer with true bypass

Small Clone and Holy Grail by Electro-Harmonix

Boss dd-6 delay

about to get a Korg stage tuner and a Keeley compressor.

Cool, what you using as your pedalboard in the pic?

Monty

Edited by BLSMonty

i can't hot link this pic but here's my setup.

Dunlop 535-Q Wah

Keeley modded TS-808 Tube Screamer with true bypass

Small Clone and Holy Grail by Electro-Harmonix

Boss dd-6 delay

about to get a Korg stage tuner and a Keeley compressor.

Cool, what you using as your pedalboard in the pic?

Monty

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pedal-Case-Pedalboard-...1QQcmdZViewItem

i really like this case. i bought some industrial strength velcro and the pedals stick just fine.

the only reason i have the powerstrip in there is due to the Holy Grail. you HAVE to use the supplied a/c adapter or you'll get a buzzing sound. that Dunlop DC Power Brick powers everything else.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pedal-Case-Pedalboard-...1QQcmdZViewItem

i really like this case. i bought some industrial strength velcro and the pedals stick just fine.

the only reason i have the powerstrip in there is due to the Holy Grail. you HAVE to use the supplied a/c adapter or you'll get a buzzing sound. that Dunlop DC Power Brick powers everything else.

Cool, looks to be what I'm after. Thanks alot bud.

Looking for decent patch leads too, the ones I have are cheap-ass :(

Monty

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I'm using ATM, gonna build a board and a versatile power supply that I can build into the board.

Guitar: Mainly one of my two latest creations at the moment, a red custom design, and a black tele deluxe replica (pics can be seen in the post a pic of your guitar thread)

Effects: Crybaby 535Q wah

T-rex mudhoney

Treblebooster that I built myself

Boss phaser clone that I built (99% finished)

Compressor built by me

Lovetone meatball clone I built

Boss metal zone that I've had for ages, gets used rarely

Amp: Vox ac30