Cat Power.

Estranged Reality

As we wait possibly another lifetime for Axl's new album to come out, here's some great music that you should check out. It's not anything like GN'R, but basically, if you don't like Cat Power, I don't like you.

Watch this:

Pay attention to the lyrics. It's about her battle with alcoholism. She used to go on stage totally trashed all the time and only beat her addiction in 2005/2006.

I think I fell in love with her during the middle of that video when she's wearing the baseball cap backwards and making those cute faces.

She's got a new album of cover songs out on January 22nd. It's a sequel to another cover album she did in 2000.

catpower_jukebox.jpg

Buy it.

If you don't buy music, go download The Covers Album, which is the predecessor I mentioned that came out in 2000. It's out of print so you can't buy it. It's also her best album and her covers of Satisfaction and Sea of Love (the latter of which was just featured in Juno) will probably make you want to cry.

200602_086.jpg

I felt a need to make a topic because I am in love with her and I'm probably going to marry her some day.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Well...it's great to see you back. ^_^

I never left. I've been reading the forum. I just haven't felt any real urge to post very much recently. As I said a few days ago, my interest in the main forum has died due to lack of news, and unfortunately Anything Goes and My World aren't quite as interesting as I once found them. It's a mixture of things. But I still check every couple days to see what's up. ;) Tonight I felt like spreading some Cat Power love.

Now, do me a favor and preorder the CD. :rofl-lol: You won't regret it. Don't be afraid to listen to female singers; you're only gay if you don't find her extremely adorable.

I love cat power!!! The Greatest is one of my favourite albums in recent years, shes amazing. My sisters mate saw her at the hydie (which is a tiny but cool little pub in perth), musta been 7 years ago and she said she was nuts and more or less had a break down at the gig but she seems to have battled most of her demons now though. She makes great music and shes as sexy as fuck to boot.

Edited by Midnight Rambler

I love cat power!!! The Greatest is one of my favourite albums in recent years, shes amazing. My sisters mate saw her at the hydie (which is a tiny but cool little pub in perth), musta been 7 years ago and she said she was nuts and more or less had a break down at the gig but she seems to have battled most of her demons now though. She makes great music and shes as sexy as fuck to boot.

"The Greatest" is a good album.

You should check out "You are Free" if you like that one......I actually think it is far superior.

Edited by SunnyDRE