HOLY !@#$! YOU HAVE TO READ THIS! LED ZEPPELIN PLANNING TO TOUR!

coolio GNR

Led Zeppelin Guitarist Wants World Tour

By ERIC TALMADGE – 1 hour ago

TOKYO (AP) — Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page said Monday he was ready to take the iconic band on a world tour after burning up the stage at last month's reunion concert in London. But it probably won't be before September.

"The amount of work we put into O2 was what you would normally put into a world tour anyway," Page, 64, said of the intense rehearsing the band did for the Dec. 10 concert at London's O2 Arena.

The band's three surviving members — Page, singer Robert Plant and bassist-keyboardist John Paul Jones — were joined at the sold-out benefit show by the late John Bonham's son Jason on drums.

Page, who was in Japan to promote the new Zeppelin release, "Mothership," said the two-hour-plus concert was proof that Led Zeppelin can still perform at its best.

He said the band, which formed in 1968, was ready musically to get back together and take it out on a wider run, but it was not clear when it would go on tour as the singer had other plans.

"Robert Plant has a parallel project and he is busy with that until September," Page said.

Plant and bluegrass star Alison Krauss will begin their world tour with a run of shows in the southern U.S. this spring. The two released an album in October called "Raising Sand" that debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard chart in the U.S. The duo will tour Europe in May before returning for North American shows still to be announced for June and July.

Page said the band set their standards very high before agreeing to do the reunion, their first in 20 years. Led Zeppelin broke up in 1980 after the elder Bonham's death.

Page said they rehearsed for weeks, apprehensive that the cohesion they had in the 1970s when they were at their peak might be hard to rediscover.

"We wanted people who might not have even been alive in 1980 when we finished to understand what we were," he said.

Page said all went well until he broke a finger in three places, forcing the band to postpone the show for several weeks.

"But we did the show, and it was great," he said. "It was instant in terms of chemistry."

Source:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/domesticNews...KT9054520080128

Edited by coolio GNR

once again you guys are taking this out of proportion. Page said he wants to tour, the other 2 have said nothing. Your topic is misleading, nothing has been planned, so i dont know why you said they are.

dont get your hopes up

Edited by RJ88

Plant and bluegrass star Alison Krauss will begin their world tour with a run of shows in the southern U.S. this spring. The two released an album in October called "Raising Sand" that debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard chart in the U.S. The duo will tour Europe in May before returning for North American shows still to be announced for June and July.

Zepp isn't touring.

Edited by Axl98

Zepp isn't touring.

I guess you have a problem reading:

TOKYO (AP) — Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page said Monday he was ready to take the iconic band on a world tour after burning up the stage at last month's reunion concert in London. But it probably won't be before September.

"The amount of work we put into O2 was what you would normally put into a world tour anyway," Page, 64, said of the intense rehearsing the band did for the Dec. 10 concert at London's O2 Arena.....

.....Page, who was in Japan to promote the new Zeppelin release, "Mothership," said the two-hour-plus concert was proof that Led Zeppelin can still perform at its best.

"Robert Plant has a parallel project and he is busy with that until September," Page said.

His parallel project is the tour you are talking about....that is why it won't happen until September.....and of COURSE Plant will be all about it....it was usually Jimmy Page who was the reluctant one....not Plant.

best news in decades. all bands planning to reunion should take this as a standard.

if there's music to play then they should play it.

You hear that

Pink Floyd

I was gonna say another band that this forum is about, but whatever. Yeah, Pink Floyd should kinda move their asses though.

Nah, Pink Floyd have been playing their own music too long and are now as a result, permanently in coma's. 

best news in decades. all bands planning to reunion should take this as a standard.

if there's music to play then they should play it.

You hear that

Pink Floyd

I was gonna say another band that this forum is about, but whatever. Yeah, Pink Floyd should kinda move their asses though.

Nah, Pink Floyd have been playing their own music too long and are now as a result, permanently in coma's.

The difference with pink floyd is that they hate each other...whereas it seems that the zeppelin crew is in pretty good standing with one another

Look I want Zepp to tour as much as the next guy but sadly it's not going to happen.

Page, has said he wants to do a another studio album doesn't mean Plant's up for it.

If Plant himself says he'll tour and I see tour dates I'll believe it.

My sentiments exactly. I'd love to see it, but there hasn't been any confirmation and I'm not getting my hopes up.