Megadeth thread

KoRn

Megadeth is phenomenal band. Every album has something good on it unlike metallica.

My favorite songs would be:

Holy Wars

Symphony of destruction

Hanger 18

Peace Sells

Mechanix

Train Of Consequinces

A Tont Le monde(both versions)

Sweating Bullets

99 Ways To Die

Kill The King

Trust

Angry Again

No More Mr.Nice Guy(Alice Cooper Cover)

Crush Em

Sleepwalker

In my darkest hour

This band is so addicting.

Edited by KoRn

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are not for everyone, but they are sure for me

I don't know how a grown man listen to Angry Again and NOT feel like running a mile or lifting weights

Train of Consequences, Dread and the fugitive mind, Trust, Physcotron - Great stuff

I wish I could remember the name of this kid I went to high school with (kettering/dayton ohio, 1980's). He was a loaner type, didn't appear to have many friends. Couple of years younger than me. He appeared to be mostly Caucasian but had a large wirey reddish afro. Anyhow I noticed him in the local guitar shop, alone in the corner - and realized he was an amazingly talented artist. He *must* have gone on to do something in the music business. Back then, I asked a friend of mine if he had heard this guy play guitar and he said "oh yeah, his brother plays with Megadeth."

Any ideas?

I've gone through wikipedia to find a connection - without luck - but it could be a mom/dad separated in different towns, different names, etc.

I might contact my old friend and see if he recalls the kid's name.

my friend Thomas replied-

I think the last name was Young. Jamie Young maybe? Something like

that. Don't know why I can even recall it but I sort of do.

We have lots of snow.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2008 1:25 PM

To: t

Subject: hey thomas!

Hi,

Do you remember that guitarist kid in high school, he was sort-of a hood

- big wirey reddish afro? He was an amazing guitarist. You once told me

his brother played with Megadeth.

Just curious if you recalled his name.

Waitman

Megadeth has had such a revolving lineup; that'll be tough to figure out. Wiki's got the band member history year by year all through the 80's though.

yeah, i've been looking at that. Ann Arbor isn't far from Dayton, Ohio. - probably same family. I'm looking around the net to find out what happened to his brother. I remember walking into the guitar shop and hearing this amazing shit coming out of the corner of the room and had to check it out.

Every Metallica album has great stuff on it.

You are:

Wrong.

Aw come on baby, don't be like that :heart: .

I'm listening to ReLoad right now...it's awesome.

You are:

Wrong.

Gimme fuel gimme fire gimme that which I desire!  rock3 rock3

what do u guys think of dave mustaines voice? i really like it. i mean hes not a technical singer or anything but his voice just sounds unique and angry and i think it really suits megadeths music. i like how hes just singing and not trying to sound like a death metal singer or anything

Megadeth. Isn't that the band made by Dave (I couldn't cut it in Metallica because I was a fuck up drunk/drug addict) Mustaine? Sorry, I just can't stand him, and Megadeth hasn't ever done anything for me. To me it's just a rip off of Metallica, and not nearly as successful.

Edited by GNR=Greatness

Megadeth. Isn't that the band made by Dave (I couldn't cut it in Metallica because I was a fuck up drunk/drug addict) Mustaine? Sorry, I just can't stand him, and Megadeth hasn't ever done anything for me. To me it's just a rip off of Metallica, and not nearly as successful.

I love both and I can tell you now, Dave shits all over Hetfield as a guitarist. And success isn't always the best measure of talent, just look at the music industry today. Bands like McFly and Kaiser Chiefs are going big while great bands like QOTSA and Velvet Revolver aren't getting the attention they deserve.

Metallica and Megadeth both own though! rock3 rock3