MGMT-Oracular Spectacular

Randy Lahey

I can't stop listening to this album. Every song has something great about it that I completely love so I never skip any of them, it's all class. Can't thank you enough for the "nod" towards this album Randy :lol:.

I can't stop listening to this album. Every song has something great about it that I completely love so I never skip any of them, it's all class. Can't thank you enough for the "nod" towards this album Randy :lol:.

Most of us on this forum are still here because we are waiting for some good music to come out. So when I came across this album I figured this was something people, especially on this forum, could really use.

I hate fucking bands who's band-name I actually have to figure out how to say them :rolleyes:. So is it "MGMT" like literally M-G-M-T? I read somewhere about them being called "Management"? WTF is with that? How do I recommend them to people if I can't even say their name? Bands are stupid sometimes.

I hate fucking bands who's band-name I actually have to figure out how to say them :rolleyes: . So is it "MGMT" like literally M-G-M-T? I read somewhere about them being called "Management"? WTF is with that? How do I recommend them to people if I can't even say their name? Bands are stupid sometimes.

They used to be called Management when they first started but changed it around the time they got signed... a quick trip to wikipedia fixes most questions like that :)

They used to be called Management when they first started but changed it around the time they got signed... a quick trip to wikipedia fixes most questions like that :)

Yeah but I mean this Rolling Stone article I was reading says:

the pair formed the electronic-rock group MGMT (pronounced "management")

And I mean who am I to trust? Rolling Stone or Wikipedia? :rolleyes: Haha I hate this sort of stuff.

I want to hear their stuff that the band says sounds "too polished", I wonder if it's floating around on an EP or anything, I suppose I should check out wiki I guess.

Yeah but I mean this Rolling Stone article I was reading says:

the pair formed the electronic-rock group MGMT (pronounced "management")

And I mean who am I to trust? Rolling Stone or Wikipedia? :rolleyes: Haha I hate this sort of stuff.

I want to hear their stuff that the band says sounds "too polished", I wonder if it's floating around on an EP or anything, I suppose I should check out wiki I guess.

They were "Management," now they are MGMT, but it's still pronounced "management." MGMT = commonly used abbreviation of the word "management." They switched to make themselves stand out a bit more, because "MGMT" looks a lot cooler than "Management." :unsure:

Edited by Estranged Reality

They were "Management," now they are MGMT, but it's still pronounced "management." MGMT = commonly used abbreviation of the word "management." They switched to make themselves stand out a bit more, because "MGMT" looks a lot cooler than "Management." :unsure:

Still pronounced "Management"? Cool. That's all I needed to know, cheers (I'm easily confused :lol:).

And yeah Randy I agree.

Here's a video interview on NME where they talk about the name. They refer to themselves as M-G-M-T.

http://www.nme.com/video/id/LcdekkuVe9E

At the end of the day it's not the name that matters it's the music.

I figured I'd bump this thread. Seems like these guys are staring to catch on.

Edited by Randy Lahey

• 3 weeks later...