14 Years ago today

Moop

Discuss your appreciation for Cobain, his achievements, or even post clips if you want. It's such a shame that I wasn't old enough to see him before he passed. He would've been one person I would've traveled across the country to see live. :( RIP

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, Cobain and Buckley are the two greatest losses in the world of music.

It's too bad that he wasn't given the time to really stretch his range. Everyone knows him as the alternative grunge guy, but he had a varied catalogue of interests. He was inspired by New Wave and he was gonna go off into alien territory following In Utero.

This is an absolutely side-splitting performance on Top of the Pops. For those of you who aren't familiar with the format of the show, it's basically artists performing onstage, but it's all synched. I don't know why Kurt's mic is live because they usually synch that too, but the outcome is just balls to wall hilarity. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtehDIWrX5U

i could careless

i have no repsect for anyone that commits suicide

Then don't post in this topic dude, this is to respect the dead, I have my problems with Kurt too but he is still a human being and I hope God can forgive the man on that level.

For me, Cobain and Buckley are the two greatest losses in the world of music.

It's too bad that he wasn't given the time to really stretch his range. Everyone knows him as the alternative grunge guy, but he had a varied catalogue of interests. He was inspired by New Wave and he was gonna go off into alien territory following In Utero.

This is an absolutely side-splitting performance on Top of the Pops. For those of you who aren't familiar with the format of the show, it's basically artists performing onstage, but it's all synched. I don't know why Kurt's mic is live because they usually synch that too, but the outcome is just balls to wall hilarity. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtehDIWrX5U

Love that performance, utter brilliance! :lol:

I was almost sure he died on the 8th

nobody knows when he died

I still doubt he commited suicide.

same here, it just seems impossible if you know the FACTS

however i don't want to ruin this thread with conspiracy theories, RIP kurt, i can only imagine how you would have changed music

I was almost sure he died on the 8th

nobody knows when he died

I still doubt he commited suicide.

same here, it just seems impossible if you know the FACTS

however i don't want to ruin this thread with conspiracy theories, RIP kurt, i can only imagine how you would have changed music

I'm not huge Nirvana fan, and don't really know much about Kurt or his death. I just always thought it was suicide... is there much reason to doubt that. Never fear, I have google.

EDIT: RIP Kurt.

Edited by tbizzle

Awesome guy

Made rock music the music for whiners (Post-Grunge, Emo, etc) and left his baby daughter in the care of a psychotic bitch. Great guy, great father.

Wasn't this the guy who sang he had a father but he never had a dad? Guess he made sure his little girl would experience the same.

Edited by Honky Chateau