14 Years ago today

Moop

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amusingly annoying. :lol: And pathetic.
Then how come your the only one complaining?

Duh, because I'm the one being annoyed.

And because you've targeted me with most of your multiple users.

If I remember correctly that was during the raw/vulgar era, of course that was when we were kind of friends. Plus I don't recall ever targeting you. If you remember correctly I was pissed at ffrankwhite it had absolutely nothing to do with you.

Oh yeah? What about the one user where you appearently came from Seattle and had experienced the grunge movement, and saying that most people in that particular scene didn't think of Nirvana as 'real' grunge? Who do you think that was targeted for? And your user "Awesome 80s" that loved hair metal, and loved to to spread his love for it by sending me comments and whatnot? And when you made the user "crazyfan", I believe it was, you made polls with themes like "Grunge vs. hair metal" and wrote "this is bound to be a Lithium-thread" or some shit.

Edited by Lithium

If I remember correctly that was during the raw/vulgar era, of course that was when we were kind of friends. Plus I don't recall ever targeting you. If you remember correctly I was pissed at ffrankwhite it had absolutely nothing to do with you.

thats it, blame it on the boogie :rofl-lol::rolleyes: (dont ya juuuuuusst love this Dynasty shit? :lol:)

Oh yeah? What about the one user where you appearently came from Seattle and had experienced the grunge movement, and saying that most people in that particular scene didn't think of Nirvana as 'real' grunge? Who do you think that was targeted for? And your user "Awesome 80s" that loved hair metal, and loved to to spread his love for it by sending me comments and whatnot? And when you made the user "crazyfan", I believe it was, you made polls with themes like "Grunge vs. hair metal" and wrote "this is bound to be a Lithium-thread" or some shit.

1. I was just fucking around with you.

2. I did not target awesome 80's at you I created that account just for fun.

3. I started the account where i claimed to be from Seattle so I could put an end to the who betta thread.

4. It was not crazyfan where I said This is a lithium thread waiting to happen. It was with the vulgar account and the thread was called best album of the early 90's. Plus I only said that once.

5. You really need to stop overrated about little things dude. I mean sure I was a pain in the ass once in a while. But I never intended on making enemies with you. You have never been my main concern.

Edited by lifer

I'm gonna give you a little history lesson boy. Back in the early 90's when Nirvana was in there prime nobody not even nirvanas biggest fans were ranking kurt up there with Eddie Van Halen and Jimmy Page. And nobody was calling Kurt the John Lennon of our generation until he died. The truth is the only useful thing Nirvana did was put an end to the annoying hair band trend. And I wouldn't say these things if I hadn't experienced what was going on during that time.

so essentially lifer, your response is that the reason you think Kurt is shit because people back in the early 90s, back when they were just getting famous, no one thought he was legend? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, okaaaaaaayyy and that makes sense on your planet does it? i gotta hang with you, sounds better than dropping acid :) and thats the best you can come up with? two words dude, Special Ed ;)

Your completely misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. I never said kurt was shit. I said he was mediocre(that means decent nothing special ;) ). My point is that if Kurt didn't die he wouldn't get near the amount of praise that he gets today.

I'll give Kurt credit for one thing and thats getting rid of the god-awful hair metal that haunted the scene for nearly a decade.

so according to you, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Poison, Warrant, FireHouse, Extreme, Damn Yankees, Mötley Crüe, Jackyl, Skid Row and Mr. Big weren't awful because they were still in the mainstream when Grunge was dominating...

I'm gonna give you a little history lesson boy. Back in the early 90's when Nirvana was in there prime nobody not even nirvanas biggest fans were ranking kurt up there with Eddie Van Halen and Jimmy Page. And nobody was calling Kurt the John Lennon of our generation until he died. The truth is the only useful thing Nirvana did was put an end to the annoying hair band trend. And I wouldn't say these things if I hadn't experienced what was going on during that time.

so essentially lifer, your response is that the reason you think Kurt is shit because people back in the early 90s, back when they were just getting famous, no one thought he was legend? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, okaaaaaaayyy and that makes sense on your planet does it? i gotta hang with you, sounds better than dropping acid :) and thats the best you can come up with? two words dude, Special Ed ;)

Your completely misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. I never said kurt was shit. I said he was mediocre(that means decent nothing special ;) ). My point is that if Kurt didn't die he wouldn't get near the amount of praise that he gets today.

I'll give Kurt credit for one thing and thats getting rid of the god-awful hair metal that haunted the scene for nearly a decade.

so according to you, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Poison, Warrant, FireHouse, Extreme, Damn Yankees, Mötley Crüe, Jackyl, Skid Row and Mr. Big weren't awful because they were still in the mainstream when Grunge was dominating...

no, if you read carefully he just called them awful period, he didnt say why they were awful ;)

Godamn, there are some assholes in this thread...

It is possible to empathize with Frances and Kurt (and *gasp* even Courtney!). He didn't cold bloodedly abandon them. He was terribly ill, in tremendous pain both physically and emotionally. You realize that someone who puts a shotgun in their mouth and pulls the trigger is most probably not in a particularly rational state of mind, right?

- There are NO EXCUSES for commiting suicide, it's a crime.

- Cobain wansn't a guitar player.

- He's for sure overrated sometimes rated as the greatest ever, when that titles goes to Mozarth. But well, any famous musician can be overated by his die-hard fans.

- I do respect some of his composicions.

- I do not feel any influence by him or his band.

- Grunge, Crunch or wathever is Hard Rock & Punk with some different effects.

- I respect his legacy of fans.

- He is far from being on a top100 best guitar players of all time. Who says he's the best knows just the 3 chores Cobain did, or doesn't even know what a guitar is.

- He was no virtuoso musician, maybe COMPOSER.

- The only thing I really apreciate about Nirvana is that they admired Black Metal as they were influenced in part by one band for the composing of In Bleach.

- Respect other people tastes.

- Hail Heavy Metal!

Edited by Cold Razor

Godamn, there are some assholes in this thread...

It is possible to empathize with Frances and Kurt (and *gasp* even Courtney!). He didn't cold bloodedly abandon them. He was terribly ill, in tremendous pain both physically and emotionally. You realize that someone who puts a shotgun in their mouth and pulls the trigger is most probably not in a particularly rational state of mind, right?

- There are NO EXCUSES for commiting suicide, it's a crime.

- He's for sure overrated sometimes rated as the greatest ever, when that titles goes to Mozarth. But well, any famous musician can be overated by his die-hard fans.

- I do respect some of his composicions.

- I do not feel any influence by him or his band.

- Grunge, Crunch or wathever is Hard Rock & Punk with some different effects.

- I respect his legacy of fans.

- He is far from being on a top100 best guitar players of all time. Who says he's the best knows just the 3 chores Cobain did, or doesn't even know what a guitar is.

- He was no virtuoso musician, maybe COMPOSER.

- The only thing I really apreciate about Nirvana is that they admired Black Metal as they were influenced in part by one band for the composing of In Bleach.

- Respect other people tastes.

- Hail Heavy Metal!

amen brother

There are NO EXCUSES for commiting suicide, it's a crime.

yeah? throw him in jail ;)

what else do you call someone who plays the guitar, a fucking bricklayer?!?! :huh:

Grunge, Crunch or wathever is Hard Rock & Punk with some different effects.

and rock is just rhythm and blues with some effects, whats your point?

He is far from being on a top100 best guitar players of all time. Who says he's the best knows just the 3 chores Cobain did, or doesn't even know what a guitar is

the basis of rock n roll is the three chord theory, music is as good as the reaction/feelings it evokes...not "virtuosity"

amen brother

dont deprive your ears sweetie ;)

what else do you call someone who plays the guitar, a fucking bricklayer?!?! :huh:

He is far from being on a top100 best guitar players of all time. Who says he's the best knows just the 3 chores Cobain did, or doesn't even know what a guitar is

the basis of rock n roll is the three chord theory, music is as good as the reaction/feelings it evokes...not "virtuosity"

amen brother

He wasn't 100% percent of a guitar player, I meaned he didn't dedicate to it as Malnsteen does, Not his main passion.

Some people always closes their minds, putting aside thier styles and defending it as their lives attacking other styles.

Bassically you're saying virtuosos are nothing, that's foolish. I don't accept musical limitations. So fuck the ones who practices diary to upgrate their musical skills? (like me). And let's all be mediocre?

And the bassis are the bassis, music evolves.

Edited by Cold Razor

amen brother

So hard to make you understand.... He wasn't 100% percent of a guitar player, I meaned he didn't dedicate to it as Malnsteen does, Not his main passion.

Some people always closes their minds, putting aside thier styles and defending it as their lives attacking other styles (for example the enless "battle" of Punk vs Metal) and never even reconigze the patriarch, Rock 'n' Roll.

I was talking about devoted guitar players. Cobain will never be in a guitar players rank along with Hendrix, Page or Satriani. Bassically you're saying virtuosos are nothing, that's foolish. I don't accept musical limitations. So fuck the ones who practices diary to upgrate their musical skills? (like me). And let's all be mediocre?

And the bassis are the bassis, music evolves. If you are right then Emo is at the same level of composition and virtusism than Metal.

What the fuck? Who's ever put Cobain in that company anyway. Of course he couldn't play guitar like them. Doesn't make him any less of a musician or a songwriter.

And you tell people to respect others people tastes yet your entire argument is based on on your opinion that Metal is greater than everything.

Since when is great music about being a virtuoso? John Lennon wasn't a virtuoso musician, so by your rules everything created isn't as good as metal? :huh:

Edited by tbizzle

What the fuck? Who's ever put Cobain in that company anyway. Of course he couldn't play guitar like them. Doesn't make him any less of a musician or a songwriter.

And you tell people to respect others people tastes yet your entire argument is based on on your opinion that Metal is greater than everything.

Since when is great music about being a virtuoso? John Lennon wasn't a virtuoso musician, so by your rules everything created isn't as good as metal? :huh:

It makes him less of a guitar player (not musician in general), thats's my point.

I was talking about music in general, not just one genre. I answered as I understood that the other guy wanted to say that vistuosim wan't big deal while I think it's not all, but it has some importance. Don't diss virtuosity.

I hope I made my point. I'll stop this kinda off-topic discussion as it's getting out of the main's thread.

Edited by Cold Razor

Playing guitar like a virtuoso is something you can learn if you practice hard and long enough. The type of melodious simplistic playing like Kurt's, however, is something one is born with. It's far more difficult to write "Gloria" than it is writing "Stairway to Heaven". ;)

no, if you read carefully he just called them awful period, he didnt say why they were awful ;)

No, thanks.

Playing guitar like a virtuoso is something you can learn if you practice hard and long enough. The type of melodious simplistic playing like Kurt's, however, is something one is born with. It's far more difficult to write "Gloria" than it is writing "Stairway to Heaven". ;)

It's all subjective. It's not a fact that Kurt was this amazing musician. It's an opinion. For example--I love the Beatles, and I think they're amazing. But that doesn't make it a fact; it's just my opinion, part of my subjective experience of this world. Just like your Kurt worship is part of your subjective; It's an opinion, but not a fact. But this could lead into a whole existential argument that there truly is no "fact" but only one's own subjective experience. For example: a majority of people would know that the sky is blue, and to them it would be a fact. But to a person born blind--The sky would not and would never be blue to them. Even if they knew the sky was called "blue", they wouldn't truly know it was for they could never see the color themselves.

No, thanks.

None of those bands were given a shit about after grunge came along except for Bon Jovi

I named all these bands because they released albums during the Grunge domination era and they got RIAA certifications during this time.

owned.

when did I say that?