14 Years ago today

Moop

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fucking challenge you to find a musician with a better ear for pop than Kurt, except for Lennon/McCartney.

Noel Gallagher, the guys from abba, jagger/richards (60s stuff), john squire/ian brown.

Micheal Jackson, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Prince..

I fucking challenge you to find a musician with a better ear for pop than Kurt, except for Lennon/McCartney.

Noel Gallagher, the guys from abba, jagger/richards (60s stuff), john squire/ian brown.

Micheal Jackson, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Prince..

I was thinking of musicians within rock music. ;)

As for Jagger/Richards, Noel Gallagher and Squire/Brown: Jagger/Richard were good at playing and writing that sort of semi-gritty r'n'b/rock during the sixties, but on songs like "She's a Rainbow" I can partially agree with you. Gallagher is great at writing melodies, but he is in lack of that simplistic feel that many pop songs have. Squire/Brown didn't have that simplistic feel to their songs either, at least not to the degree that Kurt had.

Edited by Lithium

I'm gonna give you a little history lesson boy. Back in the early 90's when Nirvana was in there prime nobody not even nirvanas biggest fans were ranking kurt up there with Eddie Van Halen and Jimmy Page. And nobody was calling Kurt the John Lennon of our generation until he died. The truth is the only useful thing Nirvana did was put an end to the annoying hair band trend. And I wouldn't say these things if I hadn't experienced what was going on during that time.

so essentially lifer, your response is that the reason you think Kurt is shit because people back in the early 90s, back when they were just getting famous, no one thought he was legend? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, okaaaaaaayyy and that makes sense on your planet does it? i gotta hang with you, sounds better than dropping acid :) and thats the best you can come up with? two words dude, Special Ed ;)

I'm gonna give you a little history lesson boy. Back in the early 90's when Nirvana was in there prime nobody not even nirvanas biggest fans were ranking kurt up there with Eddie Van Halen and Jimmy Page. And nobody was calling Kurt the John Lennon of our generation until he died. The truth is the only useful thing Nirvana did was put an end to the annoying hair band trend. And I wouldn't say these things if I hadn't experienced what was going on during that time.

so essentially lifer, your response is that the reason you think Kurt is shit because people back in the early 90s, back when they were just getting famous, no one thought he was legend? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, okaaaaaaayyy and that makes sense on your planet does it? i gotta hang with you, sounds better than dropping acid :) and thats the best you can come up with? two words dude, Special Ed ;)

Your completely misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. I never said kurt was shit. I said he was mediocre(that means decent nothing special ;) ). My point is that if Kurt didn't die he wouldn't get near the amount of praise that he gets today.

I'll give Kurt credit for one thing and thats getting rid of the god-awful hair metal that haunted the scene for nearly a decade.

Your completely misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. I never said kurt was shit. I said he was mediocre(that means decent nothing special ;) ). My point is that if Kurt didn't die he wouldn't get near the amount of praise that he gets today.

I'll give Kurt credit for one thing and thats getting rid of the god-awful hair metal that haunted the scene for nearly a decade.

as far as something worth basing an opinion on, its just guesswork isnt it?

Quite honestly I don't understand what your getting at.

what im getting at is that you're basing your opinion on is the presumption that Kurt wouldn't've gotten as much praise as he did after his death because he wasnt getting it in the early days, he wasnt being called "the john lennon of his generation" well guess what? in his early days not even john lennon was the john lennon of his generation, he was a young guy starting out with a band that got a few chart hits, lots of people including themselves werent sure how long it'd last. so instead of basing your opinion on something like what you presume might have happened had he not died, try basing it, perhaps on the facts of the matter? :) just a suggestion.

what im getting at is that you're basing your opinion on is the presumption that Kurt wouldn't've gotten as much praise as he did after his death because he wasnt getting it in the early days, he wasnt being called "the john lennon of his generation" well guess what? in his early days not even john lennon was the john lennon of his generation, he was a young guy starting out with a band that got a few chart hits, lots of people including themselves werent sure how long it'd last. so instead of basing your opinion on something like what you presume might have happened had he not died, try basing it, perhaps on the facts of the matter? :) just a suggestion.

True, But how can we also assume that kurt deserves every amount of praise that he gets?

I thought you promised to stay away from here, Vulgraw?

Why can't you just stay on topic?

Either you're a fucking loser who doesn't want to give up coming here, or you're a mental case who can't stop coming here.

Why do you care?

Because you annoy me, and thus it's hard to not care.

How do I annoy you? I come here minding my own business and you start being an ass towards me. If anyone should be annoyed it should be me.

Edited by lifer

True, But how can we also assume that kurt deserves every amount of praise that he gets?

by virtue of the reasons those that issue the praise offer us perhaps? whether one is deserving of praise or not is down to the person issuing the praise and how they percieve the person upon whom they are offering praise to. deserves "every" amount of praise?? thats a VERY odd question, "every?" is anybody on this planet deserving of EVERY bit of praise they were ever given??? its an extremely non-sensical question and...im not sure even Jesus Christ was/is deserving of EVERY bit of praise he was ever given, im not sure what thats supposed to be relevant too. you're being very pedantic to be honest and im not sure what for :huh: besides all of that, i never said nor do i think anyone said categorically that he was deserving of EVERY bit of praise he ever recieved.

Edited by ffrankwhite

by virtue of the reasons those that issue the praise offer us perhaps? whether one is deserving of praise or not is down to the person issuing the praise and how they percieve the person upon whom they are offering praise to. deserves "every" amount of praise?? thats a VERY odd question, "every?" is anybody on this planet deserving of EVERY bit of praise they were ever given??? its an extremely non-sensical question and...im not sure even Jesus Christ was/is deserving of EVERY bit of praise he was ever given, im not sure what thats supposed to be relevant too. you're being very pedantic to be honest and im not sure what for :huh:

Exactly

How do I annoy you? I come here minding my own business and you start being an ass towards me. If anyone should be annoyed it should be me.

Because you keep coming back here although you are not wanted back; most people consider that annoying behavior.

Because you keep coming back here although you are not wanted back; most people consider that annoying behavior.

i find it quite amusing the lengths he goes too, like becoming a 50 yr old with military kids...somehow you still clock him, its hilairious :lol:

Then how come your the only one complaining?

Edited by lifer

by virtue of the reasons those that issue the praise offer us perhaps? whether one is deserving of praise or not is down to the person issuing the praise and how they percieve the person upon whom they are offering praise to. deserves "every" amount of praise?? thats a VERY odd question, "every?" is anybody on this planet deserving of EVERY bit of praise they were ever given??? its an extremely non-sensical question and...im not sure even Jesus Christ was/is deserving of EVERY bit of praise he was ever given, im not sure what thats supposed to be relevant too. you're being very pedantic to be honest and im not sure what for :huh:

Exactly

nice to see we agree ;)

Exactly

nice to see we agree ;)

Good

It's amusingly annoying. :lol: And pathetic.
Then how come your the only one complaining?

Duh, because I'm the one being annoyed.

And because you've targeted me with most of your multiple users.

If I remember correctly that was during the raw/vulgar era, of course that was when we were kind of friends. Plus I don't recall ever targeting you. If you remember correctly I was pissed at ffrankwhite it had absolutely nothing to do with you.