14 Years ago today

Moop

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you guys have the right to criticize him for committing suicide and thus being a bad father until you've been in the situation where both your physical and mental pain is as big as Kurt's was.

I've always viewed Kurt and his wife Courtney as lowlifes. They were not good people. They both did drugs at their child's expense. Anyone with any sense would find that to be sickening.

One of the greatest talents and musicians the world has ever seen. RIP.

Tommy Bolin? Yes. Randy Rhoads? Yes. Kurt Cobain? No.

You can't deny the brilliance of the music and lyrics he wrote just because you don't like it. Few people have had the great ear for pop that Cobain had. I understand why you think those two guys aforementioned are so great; they are great musicians, but they didn't have that particular gift that Kurt was born with.

I don't think you guys have the right to criticize him for committing suicide and thus being a bad father until you've been in the situation where both your physical and mental pain is as big as Kurt's was.

Oh please.

He chose the life he led--He chose to make a big record deal with Geffen, he chose to make music videos, he chose to go on MTV, he chose to have interviews and act like the big role model type, he chose to pump the heroin into his veins, he chose to suck on the shotgun, he chose to leave Frances fatherless like he was. Nobody forced any of these things on him; they were all things he willingly did and accepted. If he was truly a punk or a rebel, he could've made his way by just playing the music, doing the club scene, letting the music speak for itself (a label is not the only way to reach people) not getting a deal with what was the most commercial and biggest rock record label at the time. That's selling out.

I'm sure living with Courtney he knew what a psychotic bitch she was, yet he wasn't strong enough not to leave his baby daughter alone with that drug addled lunatic.

Edited by Honky Chateau

Oh please.

He chose the life he led--He chose to make a big record deal with Geffen, he chose to make music videos, he chose to go on MTV, he chose to have interviews and act like the big role model type, he chose to pump the heroin into his veins, he chose to suck on the shotgun, he chose to leave Frances fatherless like he was. I'm sure living with Courtney he knew what a psychotic bitch she was, yet he wasn't strong enough not to leave his baby daughter alone with that drug addled psychopath.

When did I say that he didn't choose all that? All I said was that you shouldn't criticize someone for making certain decisions without either knowing or experiencing what lead to those decisions.

Edited by Lithium

Takes balls to kill yourself - and I should know, I've tried and failed many times. Definitely not the easy way out.

There's a certain phase you need to be in, just before rock bottom.

Being rock bottom is a very liberating feeling, whereas just before it is a crushing, soul destroying pit.

The man needed help which he was unwilling to accept, he escaped instead.

Its so sad he chose to die rather than carry on making music for the rest of the world, but he killed himself because something became unbearable, whether he brought it upon himself or not, he deserved the choice.

No-one has the right to criticize his choice, Frances has done just fine without him. She probably doesn't even remember him to miss him.

RIP, Kurt.

xDSGx

Wow people, if you don't like Kurt or have anything to respect his death than fuck off, how is that not hard? this is not a "Is Kurt Cobain a good muscian/person or not" thread, if it was I wouldn't care but this is total bullshit,

Respect the dead.

Just because someone cannot bring themselves to blowing their brains out, or whatever method of suicide they are debating on, doesn't mean anything. One who kills themselves has taken the easy way out because life is to hard to deal with.

Grow a set of balls, and get through whatever it is that you are dealing with. Especailly when you have a child at home. I will never respect Cobain, as a human, just for this reason. Live Life Stronger Than All. Again though, as a song writer, I can totally respect what he did. Four studio albums that are fucking amazing under his belt, and a live album that is better than any live album I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. Yes I just said that. Unplugged is brilliant.

Wow people, if you don't like Kurt or have anything to respect his death than fuck off, how is that not hard? this is not a "Is Kurt Cobain a good muscian/person or not" thread, if it was I wouldn't care but this is total bullshit,

Respect the dead.

As for this, I have to say, I do understand what you mean, but I have a hard time understanding why there were less comments like this in my R.I.P Dimebag thread.

Why respect someone just because they are dead? If they were a shitty humanbeing, what's the point of respecting them now?

Oh please.

He chose the life he led--He chose to make a big record deal with Geffen, he chose to make music videos, he chose to go on MTV, he chose to have interviews and act like the big role model type, he chose to pump the heroin into his veins, he chose to suck on the shotgun, he chose to leave Frances fatherless like he was. I'm sure living with Courtney he knew what a psychotic bitch she was, yet he wasn't strong enough not to leave his baby daughter alone with that drug addled psychopath.

When did I say that he didn't choose all that? All I said was that you shouldn't criticize someone for making certain decisions without either knowing or experiencing what lead to those decisions.

He left an indelible last message to his fans that the easy out is to blow your fucking head off. Imagine how many of his fans followed his path.

Just because someone cannot bring themselves to blowing their brains out, or whatever method of suicide they are debating on, doesn't mean anything. One who kills themselves has taken the easy way out because life is to hard to deal with.

Grow a set of balls, and get through whatever it is that you are dealing with. Especailly when you have a child at home. I will never respect Cobain, as a human, just for this reason. Live Life Stronger Than All. Again though, as a song writer, I can totally respect what he did. Four studio albums that are fucking amazing under his belt, and a live album that is better than any live album I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. Yes I just said that. Unplugged is brilliant.

Respect the dead.

As for this, I have to say, I do understand what you mean, but I have a hard time understanding why there were less comments like this in my R.I.P Dimebag thread.

Why respect someone just because they are dead? If they were a shitty humanbeing, what's the point of respecting them now?

Because he WAS a human being, if i saw your dimebag thread I would have said the same thing, if you want to know how i feel about Kobain I think he is an arrogant self centered drama queen poser who is an asshole to boot, but he was still a human being, and he still wrote great music, I can't deny that, and he still had a soul, I can't deny that either, that should be enough to at least respect him enough to stop bickering about him, if you have nothng nice to say at all then why post in this thread? I believe in the man upstairs and I don't think enternity in hell is a just punishment for anyone, plus he's never done anything to me. So I say rest in peace to all who have died hoping that they will, in fact enjoy the benifiets of heaven and see and fix their sins, whatever they may be, he is a human being and so I say rest in peace Kurt Cobain

Edited by NormalGuns

One of the greatest talents and musicians the world has ever seen. RIP.

Tommy Bolin? Yes. Randy Rhoads? Yes. Kurt Cobain? No.

You can't deny the brilliance of the music and lyrics he wrote just because you don't like it. Few people have had the great ear for pop that Cobain had. I understand why you think those two guys aforementioned are so great; they are great musicians, but they didn't have that particular gift that Kurt was born with.

I hate how you nu-nirvana fans act like kurt cobain was the second coming of christ. Let me tell you something, the real nirvana fans(people that were fans back in nirvanas prime.) Don't act like you guys. They actually have enough sense to realize that kurt was not God.

One of the most talented musicians ever my ass!! The guy barely knew 3 chords (admitted that himself), and he barely knew how to tune a guitar. The only reason he's considered so great is because he died while Nirvana was still hot shit. Putting that bullet through his head was the best thing to do to secure his spot as a legend. He'd probably be playing fairs if he was still around.

You want a talented musician from that era then refer to Layne Staley. That guy had more talent in his pinky fingernail than Cobain had in his whole body.

The only reason he's considered so great is because he died while Nirvana was still hot shit.

Actually nirvana was on the verge of fading out shortly before kc died.

Were you even around then? They were still pretty popular when he offed himself. They were set to headline Lollapalooza that year. In Utero was still selling strong. I believe they would've faded out soon thereafter, Kurt probably did too.

The only reason he's considered so great is because he died while Nirvana was still hot shit.

Were you even around then? They were still pretty popular when he offed himself. They were set to headline Lollapalooza that year. In Utero was still selling strong. I believe they would've faded out soon thereafter, Kurt probably did too.

Which makes them a fad. Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, the Rolling Stones; their popularity never faded. Why? Cause they're legends, not passing angsty teenage fads.

Dude, I was an adult during that time. Trust me after unplugged in ny nirvana began to decline in popularity. Trust me I was into what was going on during that time.

Which makes them a fad. Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, the Rolling Stones; their popularity never faded. Why? Cause they're legends, not passing angsty teenage fads.

Even God would've forgot who he was if he didn't commit suicide.