NIN releases new song

axlfan88

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus Trent stated '2 more weeks' on NIN website. Could it be that they are coming with a complete new album with Robin?!?!? I'm sure as hell buying it if that's the case!!!!!!

Edit: No Chris Axl, but it sure as hell is www.ourleadguitaristisreleasingnewmusic.com

Edited by Roy79

The song is called "Discipline" and was mastered yesterday [04/21/08] and released to radio today.

This lends to Robin being "in" NIN, and a further explanation of the pics of Robin in the studio being more than rehersals. Now that it's confirmed Robin is not only the touring guitarist, but recording as well, it MIGHT be safER to ASSUME Robin left GnR on "less than positive" terms [why there's been no comments] and is planning on staying with NIN for the forseeable future, and not going to pack up and head back to GnR on Axl's whim. It looks like Robin is part of NIN and not just a studio/touring musician.

ALSO Trent posted "two weeks" on nin.com last night. The last time he did that he released an album in two weeks. In liu of the new single, this may be the case again, and if so, would have Robin on the CD.

THIS IS WHY ROBIN WENT TO NIN! Robin has been back with NIN for a month and already he is part of a single getting airplay, has tour dates scheduled and is likely recorded an album's worth of material. If Axl admires Trent so much, or whatever, ADMIRE HIS WORK ETHIC!

Edited by zint61

Edit: No Chris Axl, but it sure as hell is www.ourleadguitaristisreleasingnewmusic.com

Trying to say I'm not a fan of Robin or NIN?

I own all of NINs albums and have seen them live..... But this isn't GUNS N' ROSES news.

Not at all Chris! I hope we hear more music from Robin!!! If we cannot hear him on GNR, hell....let's hear him on NIN. Better than having no new music at all.

As I posted in the now disappeared thread, the song shows it was written in an hour. The vocals are uninspired, the song goes nowhere and the guitar work is generic.

I've liked a few NIN songs in the past, so it's not just a bitter reaction, it's just a very average song, nothing at all to get worked up about. Pure filler.

As I posted in the now disappeared thread, the song shows it was written in an hour. The vocals are uninspired, the song goes nowhere and the guitar work is generic.

I've liked a few NIN songs in the past, so it's not just a bitter reaction, it's just a very average song, nothing at all to get worked up about. Pure filler.

Right, well it takes me more than a couple of times hearing a song [most songs] before I JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS. But that's just me. Thanks for taking the time to insult something you probably don't understand, but I forgive because that's all us GnR fans have been able to do for over a thousand years.

Another thing, if they are to knock an album out in 2 weeks, it will be sh$te.

And his involvement with NIN could still be over by mid September, GNR are clearly not planning anything this year. So it doesn't really change anything.

For what its worth I also think he's quit, but this doesn't prove that.

Another thing, if they are to knock an album out in 2 weeks, it will be sh$te.

And his involvement with NIN could still be over by mid September, GNR are clearly not planning anything this year. So it doesn't really change anything.

For what its worth I also think he's quit, but this doesn't prove that.

"Knock out in 2 weeks" you have no idea what they're doing over there, and talented musicians can write masterpieces in a few days.. unlike someone we know.

And you're right, still mostly assumptions.. but leading assumptions.

Right, well it takes me more than a couple of times hearing a song [most songs] before I JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS. But that's just me. Thanks for taking the time to insult something you probably don't understand, but I forgive because that's all us GnR fans have been able to do for over a thousand years.

Get over yourself. I've not insulted anyone or anything, it is just my OPINION that the song isn't that great, it's certainly not anything to get excited about. For genuine NIN fans it will be good, but it's not as though it's a great song by their standards.

"Knock out in 2 weeks" you have no idea what they're doing over there, and talented musicians can write masterpieces in a few days.. unlike someone we know.

No no no no. The risk with Trents newfound love of digital distribution and his self managed schedule is that he may well be tempted to release things that he really should have given more time. I hope Im proved wrong, but the idea of throwing out albums after working on them for a couple of weeks doesn't fill me with optimism. Bands work on albums for a long time and it isn't all down to red tape.

Get over yourself. I've not insulted anyone or anything, it is just my OPINION that the song isn't that great, it's certainly not anything to get excited about. For genuine NIN fans it will be good, but it's not as though it's a great song by their standards.

The only way to insult a song more than you did would be to.. wait, you cant insult a song more than you did. "shows it was written in an hour" "vocals are uninspired" "song goes nowhere" "guitar work is generic" "very average" "nothing at all to get worked up about" "pure filler"

if that isnt insulting a song, what is?