NIN releases new song

axlfan88

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say, as a huge NIN fan, this song is pretty "by the book" for post Fragile NIN singles. I like the song, but I was expecting something else, and am not blown away. I'm sure it will still be a great album, though.

ilfigia, that backs up my OPINION.

Other people are perfectly entitled to their own. If you love the song and think it's great fine, thats YOUR OPINION. Mine is that its middle of the road for them, for the reasons I pointed out.

Edited by busngabb

not that I care, cause I'd prefer robin out of the band...but

you said he recorded on a song and is going to tour

then went to say he's not just a studio/touring musician?

How does that work? Song=studio/Tour=touring.

Right, I meant his involvement is appearing beyond casual, that he took Axl's GnR Wicca Star off his taint and replaced it with Trent's NIN logo.

I gotta say, as a huge NIN fan, this song is pretty "by the book" for post Fragile NIN singles. I like the song, but I was expecting something else, and am not blown away. I'm sure it will still be a great album, though.

ilfigia, that backs up my OPINION.

Other people are perfectly entitled to their own. If you love the song and think it's great fine, thats YOUR OPINION. Mine is that its middle of the road for them, for the reasons I pointed out.

I see no reason why you should be entitled to an opinion.

personnelly, i believe robin probably didnt tell axl he was going with nin probably because sometimes axl can be a dick and he wanted to get back at him, but for him to quit after working for so long on this album and doing so many guitar part is extremely and i mean extremely stupid, this can only lead to the album being delayed more because axl would rerecord his guitar parts with someone else

The two threads on this topic were merged...an edit was required as a result so the thread flowed.

There is no proof Robin is on this so it goes in My World...for now.

Proof is a matter of deduction. Robin rejoined two weeks ago, or whenever. Shots posted on nin.com of robin in the studio. The single was mastered yesterday. If robin isnt on the single, the nin camp went out of their way to fool everyone or keep him off it.

** I also want to add that its absurd "official" verification is needed to show Robin is on this track, while a handful of threads are allowed about robin quitting gnr when there hasnt even been a single comment made about robin's gnr status

hooray for double standards!

Edited by illfigja

I'm a big NIN fan and I've seen them twice. Once on the Fragile tour with Robin and again on the With Teeth tour. Anyway, I just listened to Discipline. It's very bland sounding unfortunately. Trent, I think it's all over buddy. You are just another sad example of an artist who sobered up and went down the shitter. Please get back on the drink and drugs, and spend 5 years making a good album.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Proof is a matter of deduction.

Translated:you don't have a source

** I also want to add that its absurd "official" verification is needed to show Robin is on this track, while a handful of threads are allowed about robin quitting gnr when there hasnt even been a single comment made about robin's gnr status

I see three Robin threads in the News section regarding the NIN situation..

One's titled "Robin's status",one's titled "Robin taking a break from GnR",one's titled "Izzy to replace Robin Finck in GnR."

One got closed...know why?...unverified information.

Speculating within a thread is one thing,starting a misleading thread is another.What was the title of your thread again??"CONFIRMATION Robin Finck has left GnR and rejoined NIN??"...something along those lines I do believe.

Someone had already started the new NIN song thread before you (in the appropriate section) anyway...so,it was merge your thread or send it to Dust n Bones.

Proof is a matter of deduction.

Translated:you don't have a source

I see three Robin threads in the News section regarding the NIN situation..

One's titled "Robin's status",one's titled "Robin taking a break from GnR",one's titled "Izzy to replace Robin Finck in GnR."

One got closed...know why?...unverified information.

Speculating within a thread is one thing,starting a misleading thread is another.What was the title of your thread again??"CONFIRMATION Robin Finck has left GnR and rejoined NIN??"...something along those lines I do believe.

Someone had already started the new NIN song thread before you (in the appropriate section) anyway...so,it was merge your thread or send it to Dust n Bones.

when moses comes down the hill with the tablets saying robin is on the track, perhaps my powers of deduction will be given at least a percentage of the credit its deserved.

"New NIN single featuring robin

possible confirmation of robins future" the history of my posts on the topic will reveal my refusal to jump to conclusions and nose for the facts, in regards to news items.

i put it in the news section because it is the hotbed for 'whats new with robin,' and this certainly qualifies. you will agree when my intuition is shown to be as valuable, if not more so, than most people's facts. thank you for keeping a tight leash on this board, which is a rabid pitbull in heat, on slow nights.

The song is not bad but not great.

I'm jealous of NIN fans tho, theses guys are spoiled !

I'm not...I'd rather wait for something special than to feel unsatisfied with sub-par material like this new song.

I'm a nine inch nails fan and a robin finck fanatic but this song really does feel like it was written in an hour.

in the words of scott weiland: 'feeling uninspired'

I'm not...I'd rather wait for something special than to feel unsatisfied with sub-par material like this new song.

I'm a nine inch nails fan and a robin finck fanatic but this song really does feel like it was written in an hour.

there is a priceless comedic quality to Guns N Roses fans saying another groups material sounds rushed.

there is a priceless comedic quality to Guns N Roses fans saying another groups material sounds rushed.

what are you talking about? :huh: