Nine Inch Nails: The Slip

Rebel Yell

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Songs are:

999,999 - a quiet synth instrumental that builds (a la Pinion).

1,000,000 - drummy, synthy, like discipline, noisy, reminds me of The Great Destroyer slightly...

Letting You - punky NIN? ;-)

Discipline

Echoplex

Head Down - ooo, grooovy *and* noisy

Lights In The Sky - still reduxe

Corona Radiata - underneath it all...

The Four Of Us Are Dying - wow, just... wow (if you love Thr Fragile, you'll love the layers...

Demon Seed - funky shit y'all... LISTEN TO THIS ONE FIRST!!! :)

Released under Creative Commons license.

Written by Trent Reznor.

Performed by Trent Reznor, Josh Freese, Robin Finck (welcome back) and Allesandro Cortini.

Produced by Trent, Atticus and Alan.

Edited by Sometimes_Isee_dead_people

I'm six tracks in and I have to say that this is pretty hurting. Some of the music is pretty good but the vocals and hooks are pretty fucking weak. Looks like old age has caught up to one of my favorite musicians of the last twenty years. Old age is a killer for most musicians. I still believe in Axl though.

I'm six tracks in and I have to say that this is pretty hurting. Some of the music is pretty good but the vocals and hooks are pretty fucking weak. Looks like old age has caught up to one of my favorite musicians of the last twenty years. Old age is a killer for most musicians. I still believe in Axl though.

No offense Randy, but you've been saying this for like two weeks straight since Discipline came out. You posted the exact same thing in my Echoplex thread earlier, too. You keep acting like it's some big surprise for you, but obviously you've known for like two weeks at least that "Trent's old age is catching up with him" so I don't get why you keep saying it.

Like I said, no offense - just puzzled over why you keep listening to it all and repeating yourself if you know you're not going to like it to begin with.

No offense Randy, but you've been saying this for like two weeks straight since Discipline came out. You posted the exact same thing in my Echoplex thread earlier, too. You keep acting like it's some big surprise for you, but obviously you've known for like two weeks at least that "Trent's old age is catching up with him" so I don't get why you keep saying it.

Like I said, no offense - just puzzled over why you keep listening to it all and repeating yourself if you know you're not going to like it to begin with.

Fair enough... I'm really hoping that I'll find something I like though. The Fragile, Pretty Hate Machine, and The Downward Spiral are in my top ten albums of the last twenty years.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I'd say this is more in line with the Fragile era stuff. A bit more experimental/moody/abstract than Year Zero and With Teeth, even though Discipline was very With Teeth-ish.

Personally, apart from Pretty Hate Machine, I prefer the newer era of Year Zero, so I'm not entirely into this yet... I was never big into The Fragile... but I haven't heard more than a few songs, so it's too early to judge.

Plus - hey, it's free. Who's complaining? Even if all the other songs are just OK, Discipline is awesome.

I'd say this is more in line with the Fragile era stuff. A bit more experimental/moody/abstract than Year Zero and With Teeth, even though Discipline was very With Teeth-ish.

Personally, apart from Pretty Hate Machine, I prefer the newer era of Year Zero, so I'm not entirely into this yet... I was never big into The Fragile... but I haven't heard more than a few songs, so it's too early to judge.

Plus - hey, it's free. Who's complaining? Even if all the other songs are just OK, Discipline is awesome.

The Fragile is my favorite NIN album. It's a masterpiece in my opinion. Pretty Hate Machine and The Downward Spiral are classics too, and Broken is also killer. With Teeth is pretty good but it's not a classic, and Year Zero is just plain zero.

I've finished listening to the new album. The last 3 tracks are pretty good and are worthy of a good NIN album. It's too bad he didn't take a year and really work things out more. Taking your time is a good thing if you're Trent Reznor.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Any cool solo's from Robin on this new album???

No nothing cool really.

The album wasnt good at all. The only song I liked was "Dicipline".

Cool though of Trent to give it away for free.

Edited by gokken