The Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye Thread!!

Marky

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bastards, only saw them once during the tour. Was hoping they'd swing by Scotland again.

Never mind, I've got Kasabian tickets to console me. Backstage. :D

Wanker! I couldn't get tickets to either Wembley show, they only have the nosebleed seats left :thumbsdown:

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiDbYLnZqLI&feature=sub

New leak of that new song Noel played in Hong Kong (whole thing this time), I'd only heard 13 seconds of it before. There's a download link at the video too.

Sounds great! Oh and Marky, my backstage tickets got cancelled for whatever reason, now not only am I not backstage but I don't have a ticket to the gig whatsoever. :facepalm:

Saw this http://www.live4ever.us/2009/08/new-oasis-...-appears-online on the L4E twitter yesterday, sounds very good, quite melodic, similar to Always On the Run, If I Had A Gun, Stop the Clocks, Record Machine etc, could make for a very poppy record, whether it be Oasis or Noel. I know that Noel said RM is sung by Liam.

This week's NME has a fairly good Liam interview, and Noel's put some new posts online as well. 2 days until V :D

And Snake that really sucks, you should make an enquiry into it.

Edited by Marky

As things stand, I'd much rather catch a Noel acoustic show than a full on Oasis show these days. The bootlegs from the tour he did with Gem were phenomenal.

Couldn't agree more. The setlists are great, hearing songs like Fade Away, Listen Up, Whatever etc we wouldn't normally.

As things stand, I'd much rather catch a Noel acoustic show than a full on Oasis show these days. The bootlegs from the tour he did with Gem were phenomenal.

Couldn't agree more. The setlists are great, hearing songs like Fade Away, Listen Up, Whatever etc we wouldn't normally.

but those new soundcheck songs are top notch. It would be great if he'd released them on his solo album and did an acoustic tour in small clubs.

but those new soundcheck songs are top notch. It would be great if he'd released them on his solo album and did an acoustic tour in small clubs.

Completely agree, these ones like If I Had A Gun etc. would fit right in with the acoustic set he does with Gem.

So I went to V in Essex, Oasis cancelled, meaning I went to see MGMT. They were incredible, they brought on a Liam Gallagher cut out and strarted with Live Forever :lol: Legends!

They cancelled!? That's fucking poor on their part, they'd better have a good reason (i.e. Noel's doing a solo record and Liam had a hissy fit and broke up the band).

Liam had 'laryngitis' which we all know is showbiz for 'a hangover'. He was perfectly fine at the Man City game on Saturday :angry:

That's not a good enough reason (bastards), Noel could have sang everything like that Chicago '98 (I think) gig. :(

I'm sure nobody would have missed Liam.

According to his blog, he was ill too. Which is nice and convenient.

I've always defended Liam, but I've finally realised he's a tosspot. Oasis cancelling meant the whole main stage after Ocean Colour Scene was shifted back 2 hours, leaving a huge 2 hour gasm of no bands, timetables were messed up, I didn't get to see The Enemy because I was watching Elbow and noone was informed that it was all topsy turvy. Plus people were crushed when more people tried to see MGMT. Just messed it up for everyone.