The Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye Thread!!

Marky

I bought a few live tracks of the itunes festival version. my big mouth... liams voice is completely menacing. Seriously, that's one of the best vocal performances I've ever heard. fuckin blown away.

He's pretty Lydon on that one.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Andy Bell reveals more details about Beady Eye

Live4ever’s Matt Humphrey met up with Beady Eye’s guitarist and Ex Oasis bassist Andy Bell earlier today. Andy had been visiting London’s bustling Oxford Street Selfrideges where band mate Liam Gallagher’s Pretty Green clothing range is currently for sale.

Andy was kind enough to give us some exclusive behind the scenes info on the progress of Beady Eye’s first album currently being produced and scheduled for release sometime next year.

He revealed that the recording of the Beady Eye album is complete with the mixing stage starting next week and also confirmed what Liam had stated in recent interviews: there will be 2 or 3 singles before the album is released next year.

Don’t expect to see Beady Eye live anytime soon though as they won’t hit the stage until the album is out. He said you can’t play a gig full of songs nobody has heard yet. Andy also gave us some insight regarding the songwriting distribution on the album. Liam has penned 5 songs on the record, Gem Archer and (Andy) contributed around 3 or 4 each.

The tracks on the album are a mixture of tunes that they had been working on over the years as well as new ones. Andy also confirmed that Liam will indeed be on lead vocals on every single song, but that Gem and his (Andy) backing vocals are all over the album. He labeled the album pure pop music, but rock n’ roll at the same time. Bell looked genuinely very excited, enthusiastic and proud of what they’ve recorded so far and is even looking forward to the next record. “Oh don’t worry, we’ve got loads of songs” he assured us.

Source: www.live4ever.uk.com

Guest Len B'stard

Liam trying to write? That's almost as bad as him trying to sing.

a-ha and yet he;s a millionaire off of singing and down in the history books of popular music. Oh, sorry, he's not Robert Plant so he must not count :rolleyes:

Liam trying to write? That's almost as bad as him trying to sing.

a-ha and yet he;s a millionaire off of singing and down in the history books of popular music. Oh, sorry, he's not Robert Plant so he must not count :rolleyes:

So what? Roger Daltrey can't sing either, he sounded as if he was dying on stage and he's now considered to be a legend as well. It's all luck and circumstance. Oasis just came along at the right time.

And why the hell are you so jealous of Plant?

Edited by Axl Knows

I might've know you'd drop your worthless opinion into this thread. If you don't like them, why feel the need to write a post about it in a thread dedicated to them?

I said that I hated Oasis, not Beady Eye. Beady Eye might be good. Who knows?

Yes, but this is an Oasis thread.

Reading that makes me think this will not be as bad as I first assumed. Seeing the song-writer divisions like that makes it seem not too weak on paper already when you think of recent Oasis records and their attitude towards singles etc seems as if they are taking it seriously. Besides, it'll have Liam's voice on it and that will make me give it a listen regardless.

Guest Len B'stard
So what? Roger Daltrey can't sing either, he sounded as if he was dying on stage and he's now considered to be a legend as well. It's all luck and circumstance. Oasis just came along at the right time.

It has got nothing to do with luck and circumstance and everything to do with there not being a rule book to rock n roll. Anyone who can open their mouth and engage their vocal chords can sing, singing is as good as the emotions it can evoke, it has jackshit to do with hitting notes and all of that bullshit, we're talking about rock n roll here, not the fuckin tabernacle choir, thats the whole fuckin point, it's free and easy, you want that fuckin do re me fa so la ti do shit you've come to the wrong place of worship son ;)

And why the hell are you so jealous of Plant?

So if mentioning him twice in talking with you constitutes jealousy does that mean you're jealous of Roger Daltrey? Or Liam Gallagher? :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

It'll be nice to have an album with just Liam's lead vocals on it. Noel was singing on far too many songs after Be Here Now. Hopefully Liam can get his voice in shape for a tour now. He should hire Axl's vocal coach.

Edited by ITW 2012

Liam Gallagher: Beady Eye will be bigger than Oasis

Liam Gallagher believes his new band Beady Eye will be bigger than Oasis.

The singer told the Sunday Times his music has "never sounded better" and plans to have a single out before the end of the year, with an album to follow in summer 2011.

He claimed Beady Eye - which features former Oasis men Gem Archer, Andy Bell and Chris Sharrock - have finished three-quarters of the album, with each member contributing four songs.

Gallagher said the band will have a Beatles-esque sound "similar" to Oasis, with other influences including T-Rex and Jerry Lee Lewis.

"It'll be bigger [than Oasis]. I've got no doubt about the music, no doubt about me," he said.

Gallagher continued: "It's proper rock'n'roll. Oasis was a pop band compared to what we're doing."

The frontman also discussed his relationship with his brother Noel Gallagher and the domestic situation surrounding seeing each other's children.

He concluded by predicting the former Oasis leader will "come crawling back very fucking soon".

Last month, Liam Gallagher said that although he was initially "gutted" the Oasis split, it was "the best thing that's ever happened".

Source - NME.com/Sunday Times.

If he'd have said 'better than Oasis', I might've believed him, though would've had a lot of doubts, but I really doubt Beady Eye are gonna be able to do massive stadium tours, without the strength of the classics.

Beady Eye isn't even bigger than Noel Gallagher solo, how are they supposed to bigger than Oasis?

Exactly. They can't be. Oasis 95-97ish.. they can't get more popular than that. That wasn't just a band that was a whole bit of culture/movement they were heading up. I reckon Noels going to come off better in this. I'm curious about Liams stuff. I'm desperate to hear some of Noels new stuff.

Edited by Snake Eyes

Pretty Green are offering someone the chance of modelling a load of gear at their HQ in London. Thought I'd let you know.

:lol: And on a side note, I've been offered to take the role of Gem in an Oasis tribute band. I don't think so.

Pretty Green are offering someone the chance of modelling a load of gear at their HQ in London. Thought I'd let you know.

:lol: And on a side note, I've been offered to take the role of Gem in an Oasis tribute band. I don't think so.

I wish i lived the in the magical land of Oasis tribute bands. :lol: The majority of kids your age 'round these parts have no clue who Oasis even are/were.

Liam's like one of those kids who tries to convince you his Gran has a Playstation just so he won't have to go over there on his own. You don't believe him, but you go along just for the fuck of it. If his band reaches the size of 95-97 Oasis, I'll eat my headphones.