The Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye Thread!!

Marky

Guest Len B'stard

was the reason why he was scratching his nose due to the fact he had been taking cocaine?!

He's ALWAYS doing that, watch any interview of his :lol: Someone likes a little columbian marching powder methinks. Not like he's ever been shy about it. You might as well do that white line indeed ;)

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck. Of the past 30 years? Dido? Keane? Travis? FUCKING PHIL COLLINS?

No Smiths or Radiohead? I know its the Brits, but c'mon, how are kids going to beyond the mainstream watered-down wimp-rock if they never get exposed to something good?

It's based off albums that have been voted best of the year by the brits, and the 8 or so that sold the most.

Would explain the lack of stone roses, smiths, charlatans, primal scream, weller...

Edited by Snake Eyes

Guest Len B'stard

What the fuck. Of the past 30 years? Dido? Keane? Travis? FUCKING PHIL COLLINS?

No Smiths or Radiohead? I know its the Brits, but c'mon, how are kids going to beyond the mainstream watered-down wimp-rock if they never get exposed to something good?

It's based off albums that have been voted best of the year by the brits, and the 8 or so that sold the most.

Would explain the lack of stone roses, smiths, charlatans, primal scream, weller...

by the brits as in by the british people or by the brits as in britania music or...? Well, whichever way you cut it, its a load of fucking shit but just curious. I suppose the Sex Pistols are over 30 years now but London Calling anyone? The Smiths as previously mentioned, The Stone Roses, how about the Happy Mondays, Bummed, Pills, Thrills & Bellyaches, they both deserve a good word, fuck that, more legendary albums came out of just the britpop/britrock/indie whatever the fuck you wanna call it era than all the albums in that shit list.

Guest floyd the barber

Oh man, I love Oasis. I just recently got back into them. I'm really loving the song "Some Might Say" on their sophomore album, but I got to say that the lyrics suck. What's the current status? I know the band has broken up, but is Noel or Liam doing any solo projects?

I've gotta say, as a lifelong Oasis fan, and someone that up until a year ago would've kissed Liam Gallagher's boots, that I now have no respect for him. I thought tossing the award was a great idea, an obvious dig at the lack of real meaning of the Brits, or lack of. But thanking band members who he hasn't gotten on with for the best part of a decade, and ignoring the man who wrote the fucking album and its predecessor and succesor, ignoring the reason Oasis had the choons to back up the talk, ignoring his OWN BROTHER showed a complete lack of class. Peter Kay was right in his comments, and was right to post on his official facebook 'Congratulations to all the winners, including Noel Gallagher who sadly didn't get a mention (and who thankfully isn't a knobhead).'

Now Liam's come back with: "Listen up fat fuck, as a real northerner I was brought up 2 say shit 2 people's faces not behind their back. Live forever LG" What a classless, self-indulgent, past-it wanker. He thinks by insulting the modern crop of entertainers (Florence, Keane, Snow Patrol, Kaisers, Peter Kay, Russell Brand in recent months) that he'll still be relevant. He needs to shut the fuck up and appreciate any fans he has left.

Dont take it so badly! As an Oasis fan myself since 1994 I thought it was funny. Noel would have thought it was funny too. IMO opinion they are still the best band in the world and Im sure they will get back together in a couple of years. Blood is thicker than water! Why do you think Liam has decided not to carry on as Oasis?

I thought he was doing some kind of Oasis 2.0 nonsense or something? Or did he can that idea?

• 3 months later...

I'm bumping this because that other Oasis thread has a terrible title and i feel like we can get more people discussing them in here.

I think starting this Sunday I'm going to have an Oasis week. I'll obviously start with Definitely Maybe and move on from there. I'll finish with Time Flies... on Sat as a sort of best of Oasis recap. WhOPPPEEEE

I'm bumping this because that other Oasis thread has a terrible title and i feel like we can get more people discussing them in here.

I think starting this Sunday I'm going to have an Oasis week. I'll obviously start with Definitely Maybe and move on from there. I'll finish with Time Flies... on Sat as a sort of best of Oasis recap. WhOPPPEEEE

Might do that myself with interviews thrown in.

The Video's disc that comes with Time Flies has genius commentary from Noel. Just a few tasters for you:

On the Shakermaker video: "There's a lot of Adidas flying around in this video!"

On the D'You Know What I Mean? video: "Paul Weller once said to me this video was like Apocolypse Yesterday!"

On the Stand By Me video: "Is this leading up to something? This is taking forever..."

On the Sunday Morning Call video: "I fucking hate this song."

Genius commentary. Plus there's bonus videos on there (Gas Panic!, Morning Glory, Champagne Supernova, Dont Go Away, Where Did It All Go Wrong and Little By Little live). Good stuff.

Guest Len B'stard

The Video's disc that comes with Time Flies has genius commentary from Noel. Just a few tasters for you:

On the Shakermaker video: "There's a lot of Adidas flying around in this video!"

On the D'You Know What I Mean? video: "Paul Weller once said to me this video was like Apocolypse Yesterday!"

On the Stand By Me video: "Is this leading up to something? This is taking forever..."

On the Sunday Morning Call video: "I fucking hate this song."

Genius commentary. Plus there's bonus videos on there (Gas Panic!, Morning Glory, Champagne Supernova, Dont Go Away, Where Did It All Go Wrong and Little By Little live). Good stuff.

What video disc? There's two CDs and they both contain songs dude...or is this some special edition thing?

Aw fuck me, i went and got the normal one :(:( Y'coulda fuckin told me :P:lol:

Mmm, Oasisinet could've posted it all over their newsletter and homepage, HMV could've plastered it all over the frontpage, and stacked it up in their shops, Amazon could've advertised it in a special banner...

:P

The videos disc is worth it, fairly good commentary, good to have them all on one disc, including the rare ones (No sign of the lost She Is Love video though), but the live CD (Itunes live) is pants. Missing loads of tracks, same quality as the bootleg.

Guest Len B'stard

Aw fuck me, i went and got the normal one :(:( Y'coulda fuckin told me :P:lol:

Mmm, Oasisinet could've posted it all over their newsletter and homepage, HMV could've plastered it all over the frontpage, and stacked it up in their shops, Amazon could've advertised it in a special banner...

:P

The videos disc is worth it, fairly good commentary, good to have them all on one disc, including the rare ones (No sign of the lost She Is Love video though), but the live CD (Itunes live) is pants. Missing loads of tracks, same quality as the bootleg.

To be fair, it was sort of an impulse buy on my part, i don't usually buy greatest hits of a band that i've got all their fuckin albums but i was in the store and i thought it'd be a good in car CD to have...fuck, i want the 4 disc-er now...and don't try and palm the blame off onto websites and promotional campaigns, you're the forums Oasis oracle, its part of your job description to sing them up as and when they make a move...i'm profoundly disappointed in you Marky, i expected better :no:

Guest Len B'stard

I'm reading, i'm always reading! :lol: Between googling the shit every other day and what you say here, thats pretty much where i get my Oasis news.

:lol: Alright then, here's some slightly Oasis-related news:

Primal Scream frontman Bobby Gillespie has unveiled a unique one-off collaboration featuring members of the Sex Pistols and The Who.

The side project, entitled Silver Machine, have been announced to perform a special covers show at London’s 1234 festival in Shoreditch on July 24.

Sex Pistols bassist Glen Matlock, The Who and former Oasis sticksman Zak Starkey, plus Primal Scream guitarists Andrew Innes and Barrie Cadogan have signed up for the covers project.

The band will performing a collection of their favourite songs by The Troggs, MC5, Creation, Thr Flamin' Groovies and The Chocolate Watch Band for the bash.

"We're great and we can't wait," declared frontman Bobby Gillespie.

Festival director Sean McLusky added: "We did a show at the Whitechapel Gallery with S.C.U.M and a bunch of other artists, Bobby was playing and rocked 'Wild Thing' by The Troggs with Jamie Hince from The Kills, so I asked him if he would do more of the same at the festival, so now we have….The Silver Machine."

I'm guessing they got their name from the Hawkwind song of the same name. Or perhaps one of them has a silver washing machine that they found particularly endearing, resulting in the name.

Guest Len B'stard

Was just listening to The Importance of Being Idle in my car...God, its been too long since we've had some Gallagher music, hurry up please Noel? And Liam too come to that. Can't believe it but Dig Out Your Soul was 08, wasn't it? I think?