The Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye Thread!!

Marky

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

great quote here from the legendary Mark E Smith, I agree with him apart from the beatles-type tunes part.

The interesting thing about being in a band is that a lot of people who want to get up and go on stage are quite reserved in normal circumstances; but part of them needs to be seen. So they join a band with another three or four people with the same unspoken problem. But inside there's a lot of bile. In A way they resent the man at the front. You only have to look at Oasis. I've never really liked Noel Gallagher. Liam's alright, I like him. I feel sorry for him actually - it's always our kid this and our kid that, always his fault. I'd hate to have a brother like Noel. What's he doing? Liam is Oasis - he's handsome, he's a good front man, great voice. What does Noel do except write Beatles-type tunes? I've met him a couple of times and you feel like saying 'shut up!" I think he's a bit jealous of liam - very catholic, that. Liam's done a lot more for them than he's been credited for.

great quote here from the legendary Mark E Smith, I agree with him apart from the beatles-type tunes part.

The interesting thing about being in a band is that a lot of people who want to get up and go on stage are quite reserved in normal circumstances; but part of them needs to be seen. So they join a band with another three or four people with the same unspoken problem. But inside there's a lot of bile. In A way they resent the man at the front. You only have to look at Oasis. I've never really liked Noel Gallagher. Liam's alright, I like him. I feel sorry for him actually - it's always our kid this and our kid that, always his fault. I'd hate to have a brother like Noel. What's he doing? Liam is Oasis - he's handsome, he's a good front man, great voice. What does Noel do except write Beatles-type tunes? I've met him a couple of times and you feel like saying 'shut up!" I think he's a bit jealous of liam - very catholic, that. Liam's done a lot more for them than he's been credited for.

Sorry mate, but whoever that guy is he knows fuck all about Oasis in my opinion. A fan will tell you Liams a bit of a wanker and doesn't have much of a voice these days, whereas Noel has always written great tunes that don't sound like The Beatles, has a good voice and is sound.

Sorry mate, but whoever that guy is he knows fuck all about Oasis in my opinion. A fan will tell you Liams a bit of a wanker and doesn't have much of a voice these days, whereas Noel has always written great tunes that don't sound like The Beatles, has a good voice and is sound.

no, I think he has a point, a lot of people fell in love with oasis because of liam's voice and looks.

no, I think he has a point, a lot of people fell in love with oasis because of liam's voice and looks.

Yeh I'd agree with that... Liam was an immense frontman back then (and he's still great now), and during Definitly Maybe tours at least he was something of a god and the band wouldn't be what they are without that. But I still think his comments about Noel were wrong, it's Noel who kept Oasis going these last few years, but I think the band were at their best at BHN when Noel and Liam had a sort of equal influence.

This weeks NME is dedicated to Oasis, plus there are various pictures/videos/blogs on their website about Oasis week, and 'Best Oasis Song' poll. Somewhat predictably the top 10 is made up of stuff from the first 2 albums thus far, and I'm betting on DLBIA, Champagne Supernova, Slide Away and Live Forever finishing as the top 4. How boring, I much prefer BHN-DOYS Oasis.

For me Oasis lost it when Bonehead left.

Without a shadow of a doubt THE greatest named band member ever.

Although Gas Panic and Stop Cryin Your Heart Out are two of their best tunes.

bonehead is a legend.

a us reporter:

why are you called bonehead?

"it is derived from bone part heademus, a name handed down to me via an ancient roman link"

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

watch this especially the end bit LOL

bonehead.jpg

Edited by liquidmetal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

nice moment of closure for Oasis.

liam at his legendary best, tossing the award to a member of the crowd, and thanking Bonehead, Guigsy and Alan, an obvious dig at Noel.

Oasis Just won the best album of the last 30 years at this years 30'th anniversary of The Brit Awards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J6YSqHTs2c

The 10 biggest selling albums of the last 30 years were compiled, and then public voted for the best one.

Guest Len B'stard

What did he say where it was muted?

EDIT: He said 'and the best fucking fans in the world'.

No mention of Noel. Its a shame that people that create something so special together have to taint it by behaving in such a tarty way. Still, nevermind, can't fault the music and thats what counts. Live Forever? Fuckin right :):)

Edited by sugaraylen

I've gotta say, as a lifelong Oasis fan, and someone that up until a year ago would've kissed Liam Gallagher's boots, that I now have no respect for him. I thought tossing the award was a great idea, an obvious dig at the lack of real meaning of the Brits, or lack of. But thanking band members who he hasn't gotten on with for the best part of a decade, and ignoring the man who wrote the fucking album and its predecessor and succesor, ignoring the reason Oasis had the choons to back up the talk, ignoring his OWN BROTHER showed a complete lack of class. Peter Kay was right in his comments, and was right to post on his official facebook 'Congratulations to all the winners, including Noel Gallagher who sadly didn't get a mention (and who thankfully isn't a knobhead).'

Now Liam's come back with: "Listen up fat fuck, as a real northerner I was brought up 2 say shit 2 people's faces not behind their back. Live forever LG" What a classless, self-indulgent, past-it wanker. He thinks by insulting the modern crop of entertainers (Florence, Keane, Snow Patrol, Kaisers, Peter Kay, Russell Brand in recent months) that he'll still be relevant. He needs to shut the fuck up and appreciate any fans he has left.

Guest Len B'stard

Come on Marky, this is Liam we're talking about, did you really expect any different, honestly? And fair dues, Noel ain't exactly singing his praises...he ain't saying much fair enough but he coulda come to the Brits too, extended the olive branch. I agree what Liam did was a bit off but if was Liam we're talking about. And the presenter guy, well he fuckin deserved it, i was a bit miffed that Liam didn't walk right back out at the time and smack him in the mouth. To me, THAT would've been a perfect end to Oasis :lol:

I've gotta say, as a lifelong Oasis fan, and someone that up until a year ago would've kissed Liam Gallagher's boots, that I now have no respect for him. I thought tossing the award was a great idea, an obvious dig at the lack of real meaning of the Brits, or lack of. But thanking band members who he hasn't gotten on with for the best part of a decade, and ignoring the man who wrote the fucking album and its predecessor and succesor, ignoring the reason Oasis had the choons to back up the talk, ignoring his OWN BROTHER showed a complete lack of class. Peter Kay was right in his comments, and was right to post on his official facebook 'Congratulations to all the winners, including Noel Gallagher who sadly didn't get a mention (and who thankfully isn't a knobhead).'

Now Liam's come back with: "Listen up fat fuck, as a real northerner I was brought up 2 say shit 2 people's faces not behind their back. Live forever LG" What a classless, self-indulgent, past-it wanker. He thinks by insulting the modern crop of entertainers (Florence, Keane, Snow Patrol, Kaisers, Peter Kay, Russell Brand in recent months) that he'll still be relevant. He needs to shut the fuck up and appreciate any fans he has left.

Dont take it so badly! As an Oasis fan myself since 1994 I thought it was funny. Noel would have thought it was funny too. IMO opinion they are still the best band in the world and Im sure they will get back together in a couple of years. Blood is thicker than water! Why do you think Liam has decided not to carry on as Oasis?