Last "Groundbreaking Album"

SunnyDRE

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but stumbling suggests it was an accident. It wasn't. The collaboration between Hannett and Joy Division may have seemed an unnatural one but Hannett himself, Wilson and also Curtis knew what was happening.

you're either doing your level best to not understand or just being silly or desperate to be right at all costs. my entire point, which i've stated as clearly as i can for you is that, HOWEVER CLOSELY Joy Divisions story and Hannetts story is linked he was still a producer and he contributed to their sound in a MASSIVE way...he's just too huge a part of the whole equation for people go around saying that Joy Division were responsible unto themselves for this unique sound cuz they weren't...a lot of it, a HUGE lot of it was Hannetts doing. now you can go on until you're blue in the face about the Factory thing and Hannett being a part of that but the fact he remains, he's still just their producer, he's only a part of Joy Division in the capacity of a producer and the fact that he was a part of the label/stable that they were a part of, he wasn't a fucking member or anything. this you cannot deny...as much as you seem to want to for some strange reason.

being a part of their story as much as anyone doesnt take away from what im saying which basically is that an outsider (inasmuch as a non-member of the band) was SO instrumental to their sound...

Agalloch - The Mantle.

It's not known well enough to have much of an impact on the mainstream sound of metal, but it set a ridiculously high standard for every musician that knows of it.

I have that album.

Not ground breaking at all.

You can hear early Metallica all over that album.

Agalloch - The Mantle.

It's not known well enough to have much of an impact on the mainstream sound of metal, but it set a ridiculously high standard for every musician that knows of it.

So you come in this thread talking about a album you like.

You say the album isn't well known and not alot people know about out.

A fellow poster, tells you that he owns the album also (which means he may be fan to), and gives you his opinion..............

..and you call him stupid?

Edited by SunnyDRE

Agalloch - The Mantle.

I have that album.

Hm, are we listening to the same album? What exactly is remotely like an echo of early Metallica? :blink:

Agalloch - The Mantle.

I have that album.

Hm, are we listening to the same album? What exactly is remotely like an echo of early Metallica? :blink:

The music, not the lyrics or anything, remind me of early metallica.

I know it is kinda of stretch, but that is what I think........

There was no need for your boyfriend to call me stupid.

Agalloch - The Mantle.

I have that album.

:lol:

Agalloch - The Mantle.

I have that album.

Well, obviously, I just meant what part of the music? Personally, I can't really name one instrument nor arrangement that reminds me of Metallica in particular, unless of course you mean that they're both metal, so I was curious as to what exactly made you think so.

As for my forum bitch there - someone only I have the official right to insult, thank you - he calls people who state an opinion harshly, almost as fact, yet provide no justifications to argue their point stupid, particularly when this point seems rather ridiculous at first glance, as I indeed think it does. Not the best way to get you to argue your point on his part, I admit, but I'm getting an inkling that you've used up all the patience he's got alloted to one person in previous debates. :tongue2:

Edited by nameless_girl

Agalloch - The Mantle.

I have that album.

Well, obviously, I just meant what part of the music? Personally, I can't really name one instrument nor arrangement that reminds me of Metallica in particular, unless of course you mean that they're both metal, so I was curious as to what exactly made you think so.

As for my forum bitch there - someone only I have the official right to insult, thank you - he calls people who state an opinion harshly, almost as fact, yet provide no justifications to argue their point stupid, particularly when this point seems rather ridiculous at first glance, as I indeed think it does. Not the best way to get you to argue your point on his part, I admit, but I'm getting an inkling that you've used up all the patience he's got alloted to one person in previous debates. :tongue2:

Then I'm guessing he doesn't have much (patience). There is never a need to call another person stupid, but alas since he is your boyfriend.....sorry, I meant since you are his bitch......I understand why you are trying to rationalize it for him.

The irony of it is, that he calls a person, who like him, is a fan of the unknown band (his claim) stupid........ha.

In sense, I think he called me stupid cause I actually knew who the band was......haha.

On topic: Listen to Metallica first 2 albums.....some of the instrumentals are spot-on.

And to get totally back on topic: That Album is not Groundbreaking.........I would choose a Mastodoon album before these guys, when talking about groundbreaking.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Agalloch - The Mantle.

I have that album.

Then I'm guessing he doesn't have much (patience). There is never a need to call another person stupid, but alas since he is your boyfriend.....sorry, I meant since you are his bitch......I understand why you are trying to rationalize it for him.

The irony of it is, that he calls a person, who like him, is a fan of the unknown band (his claim) stupid........ha.

In sense, I think he called me stupid cause I actually knew who the band was......haha.

On topic: Listen to Metallica first 2 albums.....some of the instrumentals are spot-on.

And to get totally back on topic: That Album is not Groundbreaking.........I would choose a Mastodoon album before these guys, when talking about groundbreaking.

I still cannot hear it, but fine. I cannot really be bothered to have a pointless argument about whether two bands sound alike when there are no specifics involved, just "go listen to their albums and you'll see." :tongue2:

If you are indeed serious, I do not know where you get the idea that we're dating each other, which we're clearly not, or that people appreciate being called "bitches" and "douches" by others who do not know them any more than they appreciate being called stupid, but it is vaguely amusing to see you turn around your own logic.

Agalloch - The Mantle.

I have that album.

I still cannot hear it, but fine. I cannot really be bothered to have a pointless argument about whether two bands sound alike when there are no specifics involved, just "go listen to their albums and you'll see." :tongue2:

If you are indeed serious, I do not know where you get the idea that we're dating each other, which we're clearly not, or that people appreciate being called "bitches" and "douches" by others who do not know them any more than they appreciate being called stupid, but it is vaguely amusing to see you turn around your own logic.

Yes you can.

You see, you want me to point out specific songs, so you can go listen to see if I am right......so you can be bothered. It is more pointless for me to do that because all I was doing was offering a opinion, on a band (I'm going to assume) that we all 3 like.

As for you Ridin..I don't care if you guys are dating; I just kinda found it a little silly that you rushed to his defense, when me and him got into a little spat; I'm guessing he is probaly a ok guy as I agree with alot of his post.........but I don't agree with anyone calling another person stupid. Did I call him a douche? Yeah after he insulted me.............a fan of the SAME BAND HE WAS HERE PRAISING.

Edited by SunnyDRE