Rush to perform on the Colbert Report tonight!

Zint

OK--so Rush to me is most underated band IMHO of all time.IMHO Rush never get the credit they deserve

Not from Canada are you.. :tongue2:

No--I am from Chicago USA----but a huge Rush fan since the release of 2112 in the 70's

wish i coulda been a fan of rush since the 70s :angry:

but then again i would have had to experience the reagan years :scared:

Reagan kicked ass---Iran hostages were immediately released when he took power---he would have immediately smoked them IMHO----just my humble opinion though

OK--so Rush to me is most underated band IMHO of all time.IMHO Rush never get the credit they deserve

No--I am from Chicago USA----but a huge Rush fan since the release of 2112 in the 70's

wish i coulda been a fan of rush since the 70s :angry:

but then again i would have had to experience the reagan years :scared:

Reagan kicked ass---Iran hostages were immediately released when he took power---he would have immediately smoked them IMHO----just my humble opinion though

yeah, carter was a pussy.

its the rest of the eighties though - the reaganomics, the star wars, the fashion, glam, the war on drugs (crack), aids, synthesizers, keytar...etc. oh...and of course the Police and Madonna :sleeper:

p.s. not to mention the worst rush albums to date...grace under pressure? power windows? PRESTO?

Edited by stevGNR666

ah, but then again, people here think The Tragically Hip are "legends" and "good" :rolleyes:

Some people here think Christina Aguilera's good...so there ya go.

ah, but then again, people here think The Tragically Hip are "legends" and "good" :rolleyes:

Some people here think Christina Aguilera's good...so there ya go.

hey Rush rules, but the Hip are mediocre. Only in Canada do people thing they're any good. There's so many better Canadian bands out there.

You hate young people, don't you Zint?

yes...I hate you all!

That's why I come here to talk rock. :book:

But since you asked..

I do find it curious though that when someone who's been around a bit longer and seen/experienced a bit more,and has had more time to process information makes a point..that "young people" don't like (because it's truth in their face) they play the age card and go for the cheap insult (reason being is it's all the ammo they really have...oh,unless they're from England because England rules and "America" is fucking shit).

Don't think that bothers me for a minute,it amuses me to all hell...and you know what??...one day it will amuse you too...I absolutely 100% guarantee it.

Remember that...store it in your memory banks and think of me when the day comes.

One thing I have observed though since hanging out here is,youth is obsessed with age.

"I'm turning 20 next year,oh my god I'm ancient".

"Slash is so old..Axl can't really do it anymore he's so old".

But yet...I don't think it was an old guy who started the thread here that essentially asks the question "is there any bands making good music anymore or is it all fucking shit? :lol:

I don't hate young people,but I do have observations.When I noticed my nephews ignoring a real guitar to play with toys for months on end it was disappointing as hell to me.I'd much rather see them use their brain and really learn how to do something.But I got pissed on for making that comment...why?...because it was true.But the age card was used to take a shot (cuz the bottom line is that's all they had...oh,apart from retarded stick drawings).

I keep waiting for "young people" to save rock n roll,but I don't see it happening.And the truth is I'd love to really fucking see it happen.I look around and try to spot the "young" bands that 25-30 years from now your generation is going to fill a stadium to see...something for you guys to be excited about when your in your mid 40's (or older).

I don't see a god damn thing...it's all in-the-moment stuff that will mean nothing in 20 years.

That doesn't give me pleasure,it disappoints the hell outta me.

But I do wonder why and I do make observations and sometimes comment on it....and get shot in the face for doing so.But there are a few 'young people" people who see it.

Jesus...ffrank is like,what, 18??...and he's the one that commented that his generation doesn't have it's own identity,not me.

I'm not sure why you chose this thread to make that comment...but moreblack's comment seem to indicate that reverence for Rush in Canada was somehow undermined because there's great reverence here for the Tragically Hip.

I think the two bands are apples and oranges (and I can't stand the Hip).

But Rush was a Canadian institution here when future Hip fans were still learning their ABC's....the notion that Rush's status as Canadian icons is somehow undermined by the Tragically Hips' popularity is ludicrous to me.

And I don't even know who the Tragically Hip are, other than I've heard the name before.

Zint I was only poking fun lol. I am not happy with what my generation has produced, either. I mean I sort of like Buckcherry, but am I going to listen to them in 30 years? Only if TV is so bad by then that the best thing that's on is Vh1's " I Love the 00's." That's not true, though, because if that's the case I won't have a TV. But I'll be listening to Zeppelin, Van Halen, and Floyd still.

I do think that Rock Band is a fun game to play with friends, though, sorry. But I don't play for hours on end trying to perfect my plastic guitar skills. And I do play real guitar.

Zint I agree with you, I was just poking fun. You know how I am. Remember how excited the both of us were for the David Lee Roth reunion with Ed and Al a few months ago? I'm not rushing out to see OK Go, don't worry.

You hate young people, don't you Zint?

yes...I hate you all!

That's why I come here to talk rock. :book:

But since you asked..

I do find it curious though that when someone who's been around a bit longer and seen/experienced a bit more,and has had more time to process information makes a point..that "young people" don't like (because it's truth in their face) they play the age card and go for the cheap insult (reason being is it's all the ammo they really have...oh,unless they're from England because England rules and "America" is fucking shit).

Don't think that bothers me for a minute,it amuses me to all hell...and you know what??...one day it will amuse you too...I absolutely 100% guarantee it.

Remember that...store it in your memory banks and think of me when the day comes.

One thing I have observed though since hanging out here is,youth is obsessed with age.

"I'm turning 20 next year,oh my god I'm ancient".

"Slash is so old..Axl can't really do it anymore he's so old".

But yet...I don't think it was an old guy who started the thread here that essentially asks the question "is there any bands making good music anymore or is it all fucking shit? :lol:

I don't hate young people,but I do have observations.When I noticed my nephews ignoring a real guitar to play with toys for months on end it was disappointing as hell to me.I'd much rather see them use their brain and really learn how to do something.But I got pissed on for making that comment...why?...because it was true.But the age card was used to take a shot (cuz the bottom line is that's all they had...oh,apart from retarded stick drawings).

I keep waiting for "young people" to save rock n roll,but I don't see it happening.And the truth is I'd love to really fucking see it happen.I look around and try to spot the "young" bands that 25-30 years from now your generation is going to fill a stadium to see...something for you guys to be excited about when your in your mid 40's (or older).

I don't see a god damn thing...it's all in-the-moment stuff that will mean nothing in 20 years.

That doesn't give me pleasure,it disappoints the hell outta me.

But I do wonder why and I do make observations and sometimes comment on it....and get shot in the face for doing so.But there are a few 'young people" people who see it.

Jesus...ffrank is like,what, 18??...and he's the one that commented that his generation doesn't have it's own identity,not me.

I'm not sure why you chose this thread to make that comment...but moreblack's comment seem to indicate that reverence for Rush in Canada was somehow undermined because there's great reverence here for the Tragically Hip.

I think the two bands are apples and oranges (and I can't stand the Hip).

But Rush was a Canadian institution here when future Hip fans were still learning their ABC's....the notion that Rush's status as Canadian icons is somehow undermined by the Tragically Hips' popularity is ludicrous to me.

Very Well Said. Thank you, Zint.

And DD, you're one of the few younger generation exceptions. :)

one thing that I've learned from this election season is the argument experience vs. judgment is a very tricky subject.

on one hand experience can give you perspective, but not enlightenment

on the other hand judgment can be acclimated through limited experience but an extraordinary enlightenment and perspective