Are there bands that make Hard Rock music today???

Projected

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard Rock bands [Mostly Recent]:

Trixter - 90s Hard Rock probably unknown to most of you. http://youtube.com/watch?v=bbZ2Ee8Kil0&feature=related /

Rockarma - "Bring It!" is from 2007 and is a hard rock it super catchy tunes.

ShannoN -

. Cool Hard Rock from France. I have to catch this guys.

Shakra - Infected . http://youtube.com/watch?v=8cgi_iArqgk&feature=related. Swiss Hard Rock! I have to see them live too.

See my other post for more bands - http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=121443

Edited by RnFR

Jet

Wolfmother

Plenty of unsigned bands (Big Linda, Spin, Pearl, to name but a few!)

You should have a trawl through myspace and find something you like :)

These guys are really great, are they really unsigned? They've put out the best record of 2008 (of the ones I've heard naturally). Great band.

Apparently so, I checked their myspace just before I saw them supporting VR, back on the 25th March and it said unsigned, Ill go check now.

Nope, it says 'type of label-none'

But still a class band.

Avenged Sevenfold is the worst band in the history of man.

Not even close. I'm not saying they're the best of all time, but they are very talented guys and their music is contemporary.

Well said. I really like these guys. And I risk getting stoned to death, but I think their self titled is one of their best albums.

Avenged Sevenfold is the worst band in the history of man.

Not even close. I'm not saying they're the best of all time, but they are very talented guys and their music is contemporary.

Well said. I really like these guys. And I risk getting stoned to death, but I think their self titled is one of their best albums.

I fully agree. The new album is brilliant, and they produced it themselves.

At first, and without even listening to an album fully, I thought they were a bit 'Good Charlotte' due to their appearance and kind of dismissed them. But the quality of their music really crept up on me and now my head is fully turned. There's a lot more to their music than at first meets the eye... the music is deep, technical and it rocks pretty fucking hard.

If you are into good old melodic hard rock, try f.ex. the two latest Europe-albums! Start from the dark and secrect society - very good stuff, and surprinsingly powerful.

Extreme is also making a comeback with Saudades de Rock next month :)

Bumblefoot`s stuff is pretty varied and entertaining too.

Europe-Got to have faith Edited by betterman

I dunno if you'll like any of these Projected,but these are some good hard rock/metal bands going today who imho are not "pussy shitfaced indie crap". ;)

A Perfect Circle

The Outsider

Judith

Shinedown

Devour

Scars On Broadway

They Say

Serious

All That Remains

This Calling

Not Alone

3 Inches Of Blood

Trial Of Champions

Moonspell

Black Label Society

Before The Dawn

Sevendust

Ugly

The 69 Eyes

had my ipod on shuffle the other day and gotta say that some of the bands you get on the free cds with classic rock magazine are pretty good, never actually listened to them before but their awesome, i will name some of the bands when i find which ones they were

had my ipod on shuffle the other day and gotta say that some of the bands you get on the free cds with classic rock magazine are pretty good, never actually listened to them before but their awesome, i will name some of the bands when i find which ones they were

True. Read Classis Rock Magazine if you're after new bands, I've found countless bands due to them.

Hard rock is pretty much dead. Hard rock is the best. I know what I like, and what I like is hard rock. It's what really gets me off, and it's really hard to find now, except with the aging acts.

Yea, that is what I say too, I just don't see what's so wrong with the so called

"aging acts" (some of them have problems with their singers.....Cinderella,Tesla,AC/DC, to name a few) it does take it's toll

I just can't understand why today's rock singers can't sing. Every modern rock band

I hear has no unique singer who sounds good in the song. It's like they have 3 different styles that all acts have at least one of. I guess I was just spoiled as a teenager in the 80s.

Hard rock is pretty much dead. Hard rock is the best. I know what I like, and what I like is hard rock. It's what really gets me off, and it's really hard to find now, except with the aging acts.

Yea, that is what I say too, I just don't see what's so wrong with the so called

"aging acts" (some of them have problems with their singers.....Cinderella,Tesla,AC/DC, to name a few) it does take it's toll

I just can't understand why today's rock singers can't sing. Every modern rock band

I hear has no unique singer who sounds good in the song. It's like they have 3 different styles that all acts have at least one of. I guess I was just spoiled as a teenager in the 80s.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

+1

Post of the month. :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: