If Metallica hadn't released an album since 'Black'.....

sliverjazz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Metallica already broke up almost 2 times.

and one time there were just 2 members left...

so count that in.

I think if they did stop making music/releasing stuff) pulling an Axl.

they would be done before some people were in diapers when Axl started it all(the CD ERA)

Axl has his fan-base and Metallica has theirs

If the fans knew that James was working on a album of new material for 10-15 years, replaced all of the originals left, yet was still keeping the name Metallica, I'm sure they'd be in the same boat we're in now ( with a little less craziness, I'm sure)

It's pretty similar, Metallica only has 2 og members (James and Lars) And if you want to call Dizzy original, GNR is at 2 original members.

The difference is, Axl is capable of writing material. Where as Metallica has sucked since they used up the last of Dave Mustaine's material on Master of Puppets. Kind of a sad move in it's self. You didn't see GNR releasing 2 and a half albums of songs penned entirely by Traci Guns

It's pretty similar, Metallica only has 2 og members (James and Lars) And if you want to call Dizzy original, GNR is at 2 original members.

The difference is, Axl is capable of writing material. Where as Metallica has sucked since they used up the last of Dave Mustaine's material on Master of Puppets. Kind of a sad move in it's self. You didn't see GNR releasing 2 and a half albums of songs penned entirely by Traci Guns

Haha you're fucking ridiculous. How the fuck is Dizzy an original member?! He came into the band around 4-5 years after the original band formed! He wasn't even on their first album! How can you not call Kirk Hammett an original member if you call Dizzy one? And Dave Mustaine had nothing to do with Master of Puppets, get your facts straight. Jesus, GNR fans are so fucking deluded and crazy. You actually think Axl's new material is good? Pure hilarity.

Edited by Solius

Haha you're fucking ridiculous. How the fuck is Dizzy an original member?! He came into the band around 4-5 years after the original band formed! He wasn't even on their first album! How can you not call Kirk Hammett an original member if you call Dizzy one? And Dave Mustaine had nothing to do with Master of Puppets, get your facts straight. Jesus, GNR fans are so fucking deluded and crazy. You actually think Axl's new material is good? Pure hilarity.

Sorum, is that really you?

Who was GNR's keyboardist before Dizzy? No one. GNR's original Keyboardist was Dizzy Reed.

Kirk was hired to play Dave Mustaine's parts note for note. How's that original in any sense of the word?

Dave Mustaine claims he wrote a good chunk of puppets, and I'll take his word over anyone in metallica.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm a huge GnR fan. My favourite rock album of all time is Appetite with the Use Your Illusions following. Two masterpieces, but GnR are no more. "Guns n Roses" haven't written anything decent and worthwhile for 14 years. 'The Blues' may be the only decent song. My gripe is the uneducated and deluded fans that think they're fans of the ultimate band. Metallica have more credibility in music in their little fingers than the embarassing turd that is Axl Rose.

Who was GNR's keyboardist before Dizzy? No one. GNR's original Keyboardist was Dizzy Reed.

Kirk was hired to play Dave Mustaine's parts note for note. How's that original in any sense of the word?

Dave Mustaine claims he wrote a good chunk of puppets, and I'll take his word over anyone in metallica.

Kirk wasn't hired to play Mustaine's parts note for note though. Hammett came in very late to record some leads that were outlined by Mustaine. Metallica's best solos are from Kirk anyway.

And Mustaine has been full of complete shit for over 20 years now. Anyone with half a brain would see that. The fact is Metallica wrote Master of Puppets, just Metallica. If you were to claim Mustaine wrote it (and I don't even seem to recall Dave actually claiming he did) then I would be in the right for claiming James Hetfield wrote Rust in Peace or Appetite for Destruction. Yeah, that's how void and useless this 'belief' is.

Edited by Solius

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm a huge GnR fan. My favourite rock album of all time is Appetite with the Use Your Illusions following. Two masterpieces, but GnR are no more. "Guns n Roses" haven't written anything decent and worthwhile for 14 years. 'The Blues' may be the only decent song. My gripe is the uneducated and deluded fans that think they're fans of the ultimate band. Metallica have more credibility in music in their little fingers than the embarassing turd that is Axl Rose.

Speaking of not writing anything decent in 14 years, when did no life til leather come out? Wasn't that like 25 years ago?

So 25 years without good material, that's a good run.

Kirk wasn't hired to play Mustaine's parts note for note though. Hammett came in very late to record some leads that were outlined by Mustaine. Metallica's best solos are from Kirk anyway.

And Mustaine has been full of complete shit for over 20 years now. Anyone with half a brain would see that. The fact is Metallica wrote Master of Puppets, just Metallica. If you were to claim Mustaine wrote it (and I don't even seem to recall Dave actually claiming he did) then I would be in the right for claiming James Hetfield wrote Rust in Peace or Appetite for Destruction. Yeah, that's how void and useless this 'belief' is.

Dave Mustaine wrote Rust in Piece, there is absolutely no reason to believe he couldn't write lesser albums (i.e. the metallica catalog)

Yes, metallica wrote master of puppets. Metallica's main writing force up until that time, Dave Mustaine.

Ceeck Mechanix vs Horsemen, Mustaine wrote the solos, and Kirk copied them. That's how it went. Don't lie because you think metallica is cool.

Dave Mustaine wrote Rust in Piece, there is absolutely no reason to believe he couldn't write lesser albums (i.e. the metallica catalog)

Yes, metallica wrote master of puppets. Metallica's main writing force up until that time, Dave Mustaine.

Ceeck Mechanix vs Horsemen, Mustaine wrote the solos, and Kirk copied them. That's how it went. Don't lie because you think metallica is cool.

Hahaha stupidity at it's purest. Firstly, it's Rust in Peace', secondly, Dave Mustaine only co-wrote a few songs off Kill 'Em All and contributed a few riffs to 'Ride The Lightning'. That's it. He had nothing to do with Master of Puppets, there's absolutely no evidence whatsoever that backs he wrote it. Your belief has nothing, just like if I were to believe that James Hetfield wrote Use Your Illusion. And are you deaf or what? Horseman solo is plenty different to the Mechanix one. I already said Kirk used Dave's solos as an outline when he recorded them, because he had virtually no time to create brand new ones.

Edited by Solius

Hahaha stupidity at it's purest. Firstly, it's Rust in Peace', secondly, Dave Mustaine only co-wrote a few songs off Kill 'Em All and contributed a few riffs to 'Ride The Lightning'. That's it. He had nothing to do with Master of Puppets, there's absolutely no evidence whatsoever that backs he wrote it. Your belief has nothing, just like if I were to believe that James Hetfield wrote Use Your Illusion. And are you deaf or what? Horseman solo is plenty different to the Mechanix one. I already said Kirk used Dave's solos as an outline when he recorded them, because he had virtually no time to create brand new ones.

Wow, you got me on a typo. Good job.

Like I said, if you want to lie to make yourself think metallica is cool, go for it.

Either that or you've been given false information.

Either way, an opinion doesn't make something fact. Anything of decent quality by metallica was written by Mustaine, then performed sub-par by hammet.

Call me when metallica writes holy wars...

Like I said, if you want to lie to make yourself think metallica is cool, go for it.

Either way, an opinion doesn't make something fact. Anything of decent quality by metallica was written by Mustaine, then performed sub-par by hammet.

A typo is when you accidently hit the wrong key, you used the other spelling of the word. Not a typo, it means you're stupid.

Also, when did this become a metallica forum? stay on topic.

:blink: Lie to myself? Why would I need to lie to myself? I'm fully convinced that Metallica have written some of the best metal and rock albums ever, and still continue to be extremely successful, while GnR fade into the background and become a public embarassment. Calling yourself a fan of new GnR is so ridiculous it makes being a fan of Slipknot fine. What I say about Mustaine and Metallica is concrete fact. You're just talking out of your ass. I don't even seem to recall Mustaine claiming he even wrote Puppets.

A typo is when you accidently hit the wrong key, you used the other spelling of the word. Not a typo, it means you're stupid.

Also, when did this become a metallica forum? stay on topic.

Well, as I obviously knew the name of the album, but typed it incorrectly, it was in fact a typographical error.

Typographical error = error in your typing. I typed what I meant incorrectly.