Led Zeppelin to tour with Robert Plant replacement - CONFIRMED BY JPJ

Marky

Hey ER, way to post one of the very few songs they didn't have to tune waaay down to compensate for Percy's lack of range.

Lack of range? Whatever, dude. I'm not even that huge of a Zeppelin fan, but that whole show was amazing. Who gives a shit if they had to tune the songs down? Many bands do this. Just because his pitch isn't as high as it was in the prime of his youth doesn't mean someone who can sing higher will do a better job.

I fail to see the logic in this - they broke up due to the death of the drummer, and re-unite without the singer and frontman?

Yeah, me too.

I'd rather see Plant/Krauss if this is the case.

Same here.

I really hope they don't call it Led Zeppelin.

I'll say it was amazing to see them together again. Doesn't mean Plant was amazing sounding.

I fail to see the logic in this - they broke up due to the death of the drummer, and re-unite without the singer and frontman?

reunite what exactly? 2 guys from a famous band writing and jamming together does not mean they're gonna call it Led Zeppelin...

I doubt anyone but Queen can pull that off successfully.

Edited by moreblack

These guys are MUSICIANS and they want to play live. Because the lead singer doesn't want to .... does that mean they should just retire???? That's stupid.

Pick a new singer and go play!!!!!!

And unless you are a 12 year old girl ... who gives a fuck what the name of the band is. Amazes me people have so much drama about the name.

Edited by Apollo

I'm not one to bash when bands replace key members, hell, Queen + Paul Rodgers was one of the best shows I've ever seen. But this is just fucking stupid. Robert Plant is Led Zeppelin, more so than Jimmy Page or Bonham.

There is no one person that is Zeppelin, moreso than any other band, it truly was the 4 of them. It's probably the only band that would rather break up than find a new drummer when he died.

Exactly, this is fuking disgusting and will kill the zeppelin mystique.

I'm not one to bash when bands replace key members, hell, Queen + Paul Rodgers was one of the best shows I've ever seen. But this is just fucking stupid. Robert Plant is Led Zeppelin, more so than Jimmy Page or Bonham.

There is no one person that is Zeppelin, moreso than any other band, it truly was the 4 of them. It's probably the only band that would rather break up than find a new drummer when he died.

Exactly, this is fuking disgusting and will kill the zeppelin mystique.

No it won't. People can distinguish between Zeppelin 68-80 an this and still enjoy the music. Remember, Page and Plant toured together, playing almost all Zeppelin stuff. Anybody who says that that wasn't a Zeppelin reunion tour is fooling themselves. It doesn't matter that JPJ wasn't there. And Page toured with the Black Crowes playing the majority of the set with Zeppelin tunes. And Plant's set is typically 1/3 Zeppelin. So this won't do shit. People take this stuff sooooo seriously. It's only rock music.