18. tranquilize

19. a dustland fairytale

20. all these things i've done

it'll fit on one disc, trust me

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friend of mine wants to get into The Killers, so she asked me to make her a 'best of' cd.

This is what I came up with...

killaswt1.jpg

1:19:43 run time.

Perfect? Not enough Hot Fuss?

WHOAAAAAAAA :mellow:

where the hell is

1. Where the white boys dance

2. Who let you go

:mellow:

I'm quite picky about compilation CDs. I don't think the second song should be a ballad.

I know. It was a controversial decision that has caused me several restless nights.

I originally had When We Were Young as the second song with Read My Mind following. But for some reason I just had to have A Dustland Fairytale and When We Were Young together. In my mind, they are made for one another.

In my mind, Brandon is also a Neon Tiger. A pure and bold Neon Tiger that likes cuddles and scratches under the chin.

I always wondered what the meaning of "are we human or are we dancers" is? I think we already discussed this here, because I remember that some were thinking that it was "denser" instead of "dancers" and it would make no sense otherwise.

So yesterday I read an interesting article about Day & Age in a german newspaper and they say that "or are we dancers" is a reference to american writer Hunter S. Thompson who once said: "We're raising a generation of dancers." I found that pretty interesting...

Edited by misch

I always wondered what the meaning of "are we human or are we dancers" is? I think we already discussed this here, because I remember that some were thinking that it was "denser" instead of "dancers" and it would make no sense otherwise.

So yesterday I read an interesting article about Day & Age in a german newspaper and they say that "or are we dancers" is a reference to american writer Hunter S. Thompson who once said: "We're raising a generation of dancers." I found that pretty interesting...

Yeah. What I get of it is that they're saying we're all being controlled, and nothing is real.

Oh fuck you Brandon Flowers. I think I'm starting to like Human. Probably gonna get this album.

If they were listening to Bruce Springsteen while writing Sam's Town, they were definately listening to Bowie while writing Day and Age.

definately...dustland fairytale sounds very springsteen ish, anyone agree

Goodnight, Travel Well belongs to Kid A or In Rainbows. I love it. Highlight of the great album.

The beginning of Goodnight Travel Well could have been on the soundtrack to 'The Dark Knight', the dull ambience and arrangement always reminds me of the last few minutes of the movie score from TDK.

Just compare it:

The Dark Knight Ending

The Killers - Good Knight Travel Well

It almost sounds identical in the first 30 seconds.

...and by the way: Day & Age is defintley one of the best pop records in 2008.

Edited by misch