Killers - Day & Age

Dead Flower

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure,

killer fans like it

but when non-killer fans listen to it, it sounds crap... and gay.

and i usually like gay music.

*wake me up before you go go*

Well, at first I thought it was really gay, I still think it's the gayest thing they've ever done, but I still like it

But if you think that's crap, that's ok

It's a neat pop album, but what's worrying when it comes to its lasting value is that there's no GREAT songs here. Except for "Losing Touch" maybe.

I couldn't help putting thinking of New Order through a lot of this. It's not surprising maybe, all things considered. Except they're not as good as NO here.

It's a neat pop album, but what's worrying when it comes to its lasting value is that there's no GREAT songs here. Except for "Losing Touch" maybe.

I couldn't help putting thinking of New Order through a lot of this. It's not surprising maybe, all things considered. Except they're not as good as NO here.

definately the best song on there, really likle the album

Losing Touch, Human, Spacemand and A Dustland Fairytale are 4 of my favourite Killers songs.

And songs like Joy Ride and Neon Tiger rock too

Some great bass playing on this album.

The bassline in Losing Touch is what drives the song. Some cool stuff in Spaceman too, particularly during the "Nile used to run from east to west" section.

Updated top ten:

Read My Mind

When You Were Young

Human

All The Pretty Faces

Losing Touch

Bling

This River Is Wild

Tranquilize

Goodnight, Travel Well

Daddy's Eyes

No one dispute the fact that I also love the Killers! But doesn't anyone find it a little strange that on a forum that was born from one of rock's most dangerous bands, there seems to be a unanimous decision that the band who wrote Mr. Brightside is great? More an observation than anything else. Just think its odd. Once again, I love the Killers.

No one dispute the fact that I also love the Killers! But doesn't anyone find it a little strange that on a forum that was born from one of rock's most dangerous bands, there seems to be a unanimous decision that the band who wrote Mr. Brightside is great? More an observation than anything else. Just think its odd. Once again, I love the Killers.

Well, Mr. Brightside is great, so I don't see the problem :P (I know what you mean though)

Five tracks into Day & Age on my first listen...and I'm very disappointed. They've always had some filler mixed in with the great on their albums but so far there isn't anything that's close to the best on Hot Stuff or Sam's Town. And I still don't like Human... :(

Some great bass playing on this album.

The bassline in Losing Touch is what drives the song. Some cool stuff in Spaceman too, particularly during the "Nile used to run from east to west" section.

Updated top ten:

Read My Mind

When You Were Young

Human

All The Pretty Faces

Losing Touch

Bling

This River Is Wild

Tranquilize

Goodnight, Travel Well

Daddy's Eyes

Don't you like Bones? I think it's the ultimate Killers song

And the bass on Joy Ride is awesome

I was probably overcome with emotion looking for Nicklebacks cd.

:laugh:

Five tracks into Day & Age on my first listen...and I'm very disappointed. They've always had some filler mixed in with the great on their albums but so far there isn't anything that's close to the best on Hot Stuff or Sam's Town. And I still don't like Human... :(

Don't worry, it all grows on you. I promise.

Not after one listen at least :( I'm gonna give it a couple of more listens before I decide but so far this is easily the weakest Killers album and not anywhere near Sam's Town. And Flowers' isn't close to what he did before...

Not after one listen at least :( I'm gonna give it a couple of more listens before I decide but so far this is easily the weakest Killers album and not anywhere near Sam's Town. And Flowers' isn't close to what he did before...

Human takes three listens to get into your mind, then unconsciounsly you'll be humming it all the time. And you need to digest each song in the album, it takes times, about three listens too (at least that's how it worked for me).

I always wondered what the meaning of "are we human or are we dancers" is? I think we already discussed this here, because I remember that some were thinking that it was "denser" instead of "dancers" and it would make no sense otherwise.

So yesterday I read an interesting article about Day & Age in a german newspaper and they say that "or are we dancers" is a

Its not that

Its "Or are we dancer" - Singular

Just like The title "Human", which is also singular.

I'm not quite sure how to interpret this... I think (like a few other killers songs), Human is questioning the meaning of life :drevil:

Definitely a big grower. First time I listened I was demoralized that this was the follow up to Sam's Town, after a few listens though I absolutely love it.

I really like Human, havn't listened to the rest of the songs. But you know, its a nice fresh record atleast, it doesn't sound dated and I like Flower's style. Well atleast it didn't take 15 years in the making, hope to see something more rock-oriented in their next record.

Been listening to this album heaps lately, it's fucking great. Maybe better than Hot Fuss, not as much charm as Sam's Town. Losing Touch, Joy Ride, Spaceman, The World we Live in... Masterful. Even Human is growing on me, when I first heard this song on the radio I felt like punching my dash board cause I thought they'd lost it... but far from it

The chorus's are fucking epic in all these songs, not as huge and pretty as the songs on Sam's Town and not all instant classics like Hot Fuss, but a great set of kwirky and catchy songs.

Edited by pain cake