Weren't No Doubt just the greatest band ever?

pain cake

Yeah,they are up there with The Beatles,Stones, Led Zep,Queen and GnR :rolleyes:

Come on seriously you can't just stick all those bands in a post as if they're a stand-alone argument, as if they're part of some category "Greatest bands ever".

And realistically, sticking Guns N' Roses in that list really just proves your subjectivity on the matter, you might as well have said "my favourite bands with a couple that are universally accepted, just to be safe".

Yeah,they are up there with The Beatles,Stones, Led Zep,Queen and GnR :rolleyes:

Come on seriously you can't just stick all those bands in a post as if they're a stand-alone argument, as if they're part of some category "Greatest bands ever".

And realistically, sticking Guns N' Roses in that list really just proves your subjectivity on the matter, you might as well have said "my favourite bands with a couple that are universally accepted, just to be safe".

Umm,GNR are up there with those bands,

No.

No Doubt are great, I like them and love their singles

Fuck me with a pinecone that was some refreshing feel good music, and they're finally getting back together! Fuck yeh

I really liked their old Ska sound, their debut + Beacon Street Collection + Tragic Kingdom = magic.

After that I lost interest, Return Of Saturn and onwards... not so magical.

(I feel wierd singing along to some of their songs but, i.e. I'm Just A Girl :confused:)

Weird as in, strangely liberated? :tongue2:

I like No Doubt, I'm really glad they're getting back together. Not just because it'd halt Gwen's solo career either.

No doubt is a good band. Personally, I didn't care for Rock Steady too much. I think it felt too safe and radio friendly opposed to TK..which became radio friendly after the fact. ROS was a good sophomore effort, although it didn't have the charm as TK.

I really hope they get back to their roots with this new album. I think touring and recording at the same time will bring them back to more of their old style.

My favorite band of all time. I really hope they come here. They're a band that's truly stood the test of time and keep evolving with their music. And I wish people would stop saying 'reunion' tour; they never broke up! Gwen's not Beyonce ffs. I can't wait to hear their new stuff. It's supposed to be more ska influence.

Edited by Dariablue

Guest deleted_19765

I'm finding that a lot of Pop music from the 90s is sounding really cool recently. The further we get away, the easier it is us to see what a unique era it was for popular music. I was listening to some of Christina Aguilera's old shit the other day, that was some great stuff.

No Doubt encompasses a lot of the characteristics of Popular music in the 1990s. They definitely had some spectacular singles, although I haven't heard a whole album in years.

Edited by AgainstAllOdds