No line on the horizon.

Mr MacPhisto

I refuse to buy anything to do with U2

Bono is a fucking hypocrite - he pops up everywhere preaching about how we should all donate our hard earned money to charity while he moves his company to the Netherlands so he won't have to pay any tax in Ireland.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Bono's ever "preached" at his fans to donate money to charity. During his routine on the Vertigo tour where he'd tell the audience to text the ONE campaign, he would say "we're not looking for your money, we're looking for your voice." I suppose you could argue that the money he's lobbied Washington to give to Africa (from our tax dollars) is charity, but I think Bono would argue that it's an investment. At a time when so many nations have a negative view the U.S., it certainly doesn't hurt to plant the seeds of friendship on the African continent.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my humble opinion,unkown caller is the best song on the album. It just seems to lift my mood every time,especialy the bit before the epic solo!

Really? I think it's a good song, but not the best song on the album. Magnificent or Moment of Surrender are probably the best, in my opinion.

I'm with you, but then again I also like Breathe and Cedars of Lebanon and you dont :D

In my humble opinion,unkown caller is the best song on the album. It just seems to lift my mood every time,especialy the bit before the epic solo!

Really? I think it's a good song, but not the best song on the album. Magnificent or Moment of Surrender are probably the best, in my opinion.

I'm with you, but then again I also like Breathe and Cedars of Lebanon and you dont :D

Never said I don't like them, I just thought they were the weakest. But I changed my mind now, I think Breathe is the weakest. Still a great tune.

Cant listen to anything from U2, because to me it's utter bollox. But I'm glad for all you fans that dig the album, it's nice to see a lot of "oldies goldies" bands making up to bar albums: AC/DC, U2, Mötörhead and yeah GnR too :)

U2 to release another new album in 2009

Follow-up to 'No Line On The Horizon' on the way

U2 have revealed that they are planning to release another new album before 2009 is over.

The band described the album as a "companion" to new effort 'No Line On The Horizon', released today (March 2), and that it will be more meditative than their latest effort.

The band added that they would not be considering breaking from the traditional cycle of record releases in the style of Radiohead.

"My instinct is to stick with the record guys," guitarist The Edge told the New York Times. "They have to sell your records or sell the downloads, whatever it ends up being.

"To do that, first of all you've got to love and understand the music, and right now I'm not seeing any group that rivals the record labels on that front."

Frontman Bono added: "I'm interested in commerce. The excuse for bigness is that songs demand to be heard if they're any good. And without the kind of momentum of being in a big rock 'n roll band, you won't get your songs heard."

Edited by markyboy101

It's not the most immediate album they've done. I've listened to it once. Early tracks that stand out so far are 'Magnificent' and 'Cedars of Lebanon'. This one will take some time to sink in, I feel.

I won't hold my breath for this other album that's supposedly coming this year. U2 take their time.

Who cares about Pitchfork anyway?