No line on the horizon.

Mr MacPhisto

It sounds like more of the same to me. They'll never recapture what they had on the Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby. This is U2's Voodoo Lounge, imo. Listenable but nothing special or classic.

That's thing......they aren't trying to.

U2 is one of the few bands that don't mind trying to do something different and new.

This album is no exception.

Guns N' Roses?

As for this album, I only heard the first single and thought it was atrocious. Heard the album has some good tunes though. Will check it out later.

Edited by Demon Wolf

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like more of the same to me. They'll never recapture what they had on the Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby. This is U2's Voodoo Lounge, imo. Listenable but nothing special or classic.

U2 is one of the few bands that don't mind trying to do something different and new.

Guns N' Roses?

As for this album, I only heard the first single and thought it was atrocious. Heard the album has some good tunes though. Will check it out later.

Well the difference between Axl's Guns N' Roses and U2 is that U2 has most (if not all?) of their original members left in the band. Last time I checked, GN'R only had one. Additionally, Axl's playing some weird industrial hip/hop music which had nothing to do with the well-known GN'R, whereas U2 is trying something new but staying to what made them so popular to begin with.

Its hard to compare these two bands for many more reasons, but we might as well just stop here.

Edited by Rock N' Roll

Guns N' Roses?

Well the difference between Axl's Guns N' Roses and U2 is that U2 has most (if not all?) of their original members left in the band. Last time I checked, GN'R only had one. Additionally, Axl's playing some weird industrial hip/hop music which had nothing to do with the well-known GN'R, whereas U2 is trying something new but staying to what made them so popular to begin with.

Its hard to compare these two bands for many more reasons, but we might as well just stop here.

Oh I'm not putting weight into anything besides the "trying something different and new"-part. Might as well stop here since this thread isn't about that.

When's the release date?

I don't like it, but i've never liked them.

But I fully respect U2, doing good for the Irish, well everyone in the band except Bono, can't stand that dude.

:suspicious:

Yes I don't U2's music, tragic right.

I put that smiley because of your statement about not liking Bono. And wow, you've got one picture (there are one or two more) of Bono with two young women. So that automatically means that he's out partying every night on "million dollar yachts with young girls"? Don't think so.

I don't like it, but i've never liked them.

But I fully respect U2, doing good for the Irish, well everyone in the band except Bono, can't stand that dude.

:suspicious:

Yes I don't U2's music, tragic right.

I put that smiley because of your statement about not liking Bono. And wow, you've got one picture (there are one or two more) of Bono with two young women. So that automatically means that he's out partying every night on "million dollar yachts with young girls"? Don't think so.

And Bono wasnt even on a yacht it was a beach where that pic was taken

I'm waiting til March 3rd I guess. I have only heard Boots and it has a POP vibe so I am digging it. Is it true that the Corbijn film with the deluxe edition has another whole CD of music?

I don't know about that, but I do know that the Pre-Ordered iTunes version has 2 Bonus Tracks. Looks like I'll have to download those after I buy the disc because I don't buy off of iTunes.

EDIT: What you asked could be true though. Especially seeing as how Bono said that 50-60 songs were recorded in the sessions for the making of the album.

I am loving the whole album and BS I kinda disagree and think Cedars is a great way to close, anything else though and I can see where you are coming from...

And BS you change your sig more that anyone it gets confusing sometimes :lol:

Well, Cedars of Lebanon is a good way to end the album, I just think it's somewhat of a weak song.

Also, I think the B-Side version of No Line On The Horizon might be better than the album version. Haven't fully decided on that yet though.

Edited by Black Sabbath

I'm waiting til March 3rd I guess. I have only heard Boots and it has a POP vibe so I am digging it. Is it true that the Corbijn film with the deluxe edition has another whole CD of music?

I don't know about that, but I do know that the Pre-Ordered iTunes version has 2 Bonus Tracks. Looks like I'll have to download those after I buy the disc because I don't buy off of iTunes.

EDIT: What you asked could be true though. Especially seeing as how Bono said that 50-60 songs were recorded in the sessions for the making of the album.

I am loving the whole album and BS I kinda disagree and think Cedars is a great way to close, anything else though and I can see where you are coming from...

And BS you change your sig more that anyone it gets confusing sometimes :lol:

Well, Cedars of Lebanon is a good way to end the album, I just think it's somewhat of a weak song.

Well being fair to you I am only on my third listen to I will most likely change my opinion after a few more listens, quite apt that Magnificent is maginificent :D

In an interview posted on 15 February 2009 with Sean O'Hagan of The Guardian, Bono stated that U2 would release another album by the end of the year consisting of material recorded during the sessions for No Line on the Horizon. Bono says it will be "a more meditative album on the theme of pilgrimage"

Maybe those are the tracks which were rumored to appear on one of the bonus cds

They're definitely promoting it well.

This, along with the Grammys performance, the big artsy music video -- all the sort of stuff Axl should have been doing with his band. U2 will probably sell as many copies in one weekend as GN'R did in a month.

U2 are master salesmen. This album is pretty mediocre though. I'll enjoy a good laugh when Roling Stone gives it 5 stars.

:rofl-lol:http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/...viewPage=2#rate

If Axl had done an interview with these guys he could have gotten 5 stars. Magnificent, Yeah Right!! This U2 album reminds me of Death Magnetic in a way. U2 is trying to get a Joshua Achtung hybrid going but none of the songs come close to the classics on those albums.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Guest RonMexico82

I refuse to buy anything to do with U2

Bono is a fucking hypocrite - he pops up everywhere preaching about how we should all donate our hard earned money to charity while he moves his company to the Netherlands so he won't have to pay any tax in Ireland. Charity starts at home and he should contribute to this country like everyone else. Instead he Lords his wealth over us all while trying to guilt trip us into handing out our money.

There is loads of disadvantaged children in Ireland who have no facilities or chance of a decent future. Charity should start at home you twat.