My cover of Catcher In The Rye

I was bored so I just recorded a short cover of the outro of Catcher In The Rye!

I will be getting a new recording kit in the end of january, so then I will do better sounding covers. Prostitute, This I Love and a longer version of Catcher are the first things I'll do when I get it.

In the meantime, this is what you get and comments and criticism are always welcome!

Includes a Madagascar-inspired, super short quote solo. :)

Guitars, keyboards and vocals by myself. Drums played back from the keyboard.

Hope you like it!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ

- DW

Edit: As usual, Youtube completely butchered the audio quality which was bad enough to begin with. Here's a link to the WAV-file.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JJSNTXIP

Edited by Demon Wolf

That was cool man, your music was beautiful but you didn't half bury your voice in the mix.

Wait what? I didn't? Or did I?

But you're probably right, vocals are a bit low.

Glad you liked it people! I'll be getting new recording gear next week and I'll do This I Love and Prostitute.

That was cool man, your music was beautiful but you didn't half bury your voice in the mix.

Wait what? I didn't? Or did I?

But you're probably right, vocals are a bit low.

Glad you liked it people! I'll be getting new recording gear next week and I'll do This I Love and Prostitute.

You did. Sorry I was speaking coloquial. Apologies.

Man, I'm gonna pm you about something.

• 1 month later...
Demon, I actually liked it! Very interesting take, love the speech incorporation.

"Change our shit now!" rock3

Thanks!

I had finished a version of the whole song in perfect quality with my new recording equipment, but my computer broke... the harddrive is most likely fried.

:(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Working on it, working on it! It's gonna be worth it, trust me, the quality will be fantastic!

I have three GNR covers to put "finishing touches" on atm, the new version of If The World only needs vocals and then it'll be done. I have about half of This I Love done and haven't started the complete version of CITR but will as soon as I can.