Brilliant cover of SCOM

Randy Lahey

Nice voice,

It would be nice if they actually finished the song though. I think what makes the song the so great in the first place is the shift in mood which they obviously were not capable of. Piano was a nice idea but they could have been played by a real piano player. It sounds very pieced together. Don't get me wrong, the simplicity works but c'mon, poo poo for not even attempting the other sections.

Edited by afterthebath

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=iq5jCQK47RM&...feature=related

This is pretty killer. I came across it while watching a preview for a remake of the horror movie, The Last House On The Left. Axl must love this cover. The piano on it is brilliant.

it wasn\'t that brilliant.. i nearly fell asleep

lol, :rofl-lol: ha ha. Fucking enjoyed it. Thank you.

Edited by maXx diaTribE

This is pretty killer. I came across it while watching a preview for a remake of the horror movie, The Last House On The Left. Axl must love this cover. The piano on it is brilliant.

Yes it's a killer, it makes me want to kill that horrible singer and and everyone else involved.

Yes it's a killer, it makes me want to kill that horrible singer and and everyone else involved.

You guys are sure tough to please.

I think the simple piano works brilliantly well. I love to hear great songs stripped down to the bare bones.

Aww, not my thing at all, Sweet Child O' Mine is my favourite song. Ever. but, the notes in the piano intro were wrong, I can't actually play piano but i still know the SCOM intro on piano better than that, the phrasing in the vocals was all out of sync, repeating "sweet child o' mine" twice in the chorus? "as if they thought of rain?" those lines were in the wrong order.... If you're gonna cover it at least learn the fuckin' words....

There are somethings you just shouldn't fuck with.

I'm all for a slowed down version of it... just not that one.

Edited by Graeme

This is phenomenal. Sweet Child might sound like a love song, but I've always interpreted it to be about an obsessive stalker. I think this version brings out the song's more sinister undertones, whether Axl intended for them to be there or not in the original recording. Those who wanted to hear the solo, etc. are kind of missing the point. This isn't about musicianship, it's about mood and atmosphere. Whoever chose to put this on the soundtrack for Last House On The Left is a genius..

It's so brilliantly creepy..

-Kickingthehabit

This is phenomenal. Sweet Child might sound like a love song, but I've always interpreted it to be about an obsessive stalker. I think this version brings out the song's more sinister undertones, whether Axl intended for them to be there or not in the original recording. Those who wanted to hear the solo, etc. are kind of missing the point. This isn't about musicianship, it's about mood and atmosphere. Whoever chose to put this on the soundtrack for Last House On The Left is a genius..

It's so brilliantly creepy..

-Kickingthehabit

Spot On.

Here's a preview for the movie. http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHsHtpuz_s

I like how they shifted the meaning of the song.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Fair enough for those of you who read something creepy into SCOM... I dunno, I just hate the interpretation, the bland, shitty piano with its wrong notes, her unpassionate voice with that weird accent, getting the words and the phrasing completely fucked up, to be honest, the only mood it creates is dull... When I hear it (I see music as landscapes sometimes), I see some forest, bereft of leaves swathed in fog... whereas when I hear Guns doing it it's instant blue skies and a big landscape beneath it. I know which I prefer.

Just because it sounds great to you after 4 light beers and 5 tokes doesn't make it good. This is shit. Anyone could produce this crap. Listen to it again. There's nothing to it. The guitar riff played on piano and the ever present "nobody knows what it's like to have a vagina" vocal that you can hear in almost every mainstream advertisement on television right now (milking the popularity of Feist among others). Welcome to the status quo.

Edited by Ions

apart from this being old and an uninspired cover version,

this is guns 'n roses news how exactly?

this thread should be deleted or atleast moved to some appropriate subforum where it should have been posted in the first place, like anything goes for example.