Chris Cornell

Randy Lahey

I hooked up with this kinky older woman I met at work a little while ago, and she was crazy about Chris Cornell and upset that this kept getting delayed. I talked to her yesterday for the first time in a while and asked whether she'd finally heard anything from the album. She said she downloaded some songs and even she didn't like them, which is pretty bad. She's like his biggest fan. :rofl-lol:

Poor Cornell.

Can't believe this album isn't even out yet. With an expected awesome album, the anticipation and wait is torturous. In this case, the emotion is all dread and it's like he's hangin' it over our heads like a musical guillotine.

Wish he would just put the stupid thing out and get it over with already. Scheduled execution date is 3/10 and hopefully there are no further stays. Put me out of my misery, CC... <_<

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Why did you unregister before? I missed you after you left.

I can never stay in one place for too long I'm afraid. I try to keep things interesting.

In Cornells defence from people who don't like Timbaland, the new songs translate well on to the stage with a full band behind them...

No they don't

Why would you even contradict the previous poster without even supporting your claim?

Seems idiotic to me.

He's wrong anyway. I saw the album preformed live in its entirety on that last tour that Cornell did. I only knew 3-4 songs, the rest I had never heard once before. And it still blew me away. I like the album, but they are a whole different beast live. No comparison.

I have only heard Scream's live performance. It is quite unreal:

Hopefully, as you said, the rest of the album does indeed carry itself live in such a manner.

He's wrong anyway. I saw the album preformed live in its entirety on that last tour that Cornell did. I only knew 3-4 songs, the rest I had never heard once before. And it still blew me away. I like the album, but they are a whole different beast live. No comparison.

Hopefully, as you said, the rest of the album does indeed carry itself live in such a manner.

IMO Scream and Long Gone are the only good tracks...

And yeah, they sound better live with an organic band. On the studio track, Cornell plays guitar, and everything else is programmed.

Edited by Estranged Reality

And yeah, they sound better live with an organic band. On the studio track, Cornell plays guitar, and everything else is programmed.

You don't find 'Ground Zero' the least bit enticing? It's a damn fantastic, soulful track:

Though, I do appreciate the fact that you have listened to the album in its entirety and have constructed your opinion based on that instead of just slagging the whole thing off within seconds of listening to one, sole track.

Edited by IndiannaRose

You don't find 'Ground Zero' the least bit enticing? It's a damn fantastic, soulful track:

Though, I do appreciate the fact that you have listened to the album in its entirety and have constructed your opinion based on that instead of just slagging the whole thing off within seconds of listening to one, sole track.

I dunno, that song doesn't do anything for me. It's...okay. Have you heard the rest of the album? The opening track's goofy sound effects are something else.

It's not the WORST album ever, but besides those two tracks I mentioned, I didn't find much of interest...and even those two songs took a while to grow on me. :shrugs:

heres the new video "part of me"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Viku5XzpmMg

pretty abysmal.....this just screams mid life crisis to me...a 40something singer from the 90s making justin timberlake-esque pop music......the thing is, the beats arent even good...it almost sounds like timberland took the beats from the last Justin timberlake album that didnt make the cut and said "eh lets just give them to cornell"