No More Albums on the Horizon

Robo Axl

Seriously, these guys are washed up... No Line is a total mess of an album. The songs don't seem to fit together, the atmosphere of the music leaves the listener feeling cold, the music is a mess, the lyrics are cringe-worthy. Moment of Surrender is a great track but it's the sole bright spot on an otherwise awful, awful album.

It's incredibly amusing to see reviewers scoring this album highly based solely on U2's status as the media's darling. If this were a debut or, let's say, the GNR comeback album it would be ridiculed ad-infinitum. U2 have done nothing since Achtung Baby. Retire guys. You've gone from "One" to "Get on Your Boots" and "Magnificent". :rofl-lol:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, these guys are washed up... No Line is a total mess of an album. The songs don't seem to fit together, the atmosphere of the music leaves the listener feeling cold, the music is a mess, the lyrics are cringe-worthy. Moment of Surrender is a great track but it's the sole bright spot on an otherwise awful, awful album.

Its better than Chinese Democracy.

The songs in Chinese Democracy don't fit together, the music leaves the listener feeling cold, and the lyrics are cringe worthy (i.e. This I Love) and Catcher In The Rye and The Blues are great tracks, but they are the only decent ones on an otherwise awful, awful album.

The songs in Chinese Democracy don't fit together, the music leaves the listener feeling cold, and the lyrics are cringe worthy (i.e. This I Love) and Catcher In The Rye and The Blues are great tracks, but they are the only decent ones on an otherwise awful, awful album.

No, it isn't. The songs on CD actually sound like, you know, professional tracks whether you like them or not. The entire of No Line sounds like something mashed up on garageband.

And can't you do better than quoting my post verbatim?

Edited by Robo Axl

No, it isn't. The songs on CD actually sound like, you know, professional tracks whether you like them or not. The entire of No Line sounds like something mashed up on garageband.

To be honest noone really cares about your opinion you moronic cunt, if you dont like an album fine but dont keep going on about it to try and get attention and making pointless threads when you could have just made the original post in the No Line On The Horizon thread.

You dont like U2 we get that but I bet there many bands you like who people would think sucked

Like it or not U2's album has generally received more positive reviews than Chinese Democracy. Does that make it a better album? I don't know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I think Chinese Democracy is a pile of shit for the most part, but you don't see me going on the Discussion & News section and belittling everyone because they don't agree with me. I agree, I do get in some arguments over some people on the forum, but I don't purposely criticize the band the death because its stupid and pointless.

If you don't like U2, then fine, but keep your bullshit to yourself.

And I disagree, Chinese Democracy is a bundled mess. It sounds like Axl had a big love for this techno direction, but it doesn't fit with his style of music in my opinion. Its one of those things I could listen to one, but never really care to listen to again.

Just don't listen to it then.

I don't like U2, I don't listen to them, but that doesn't mean they can't put out albums and please their fans and do what they love.

Sorry - you aren't making any sense. I've already listened to it and don't intend to listen to it any more. I do however wish to express my feelings on the album.

To be honest noone really cares about your opinion you moronic cunt, if you dont like an album fine but dont keep going on about it to try and get attention and making pointless threads when you could have just made the original post in the No Line On The Horizon thread.

You dont like U2 we get that but I bet there many bands you like who people would think sucked

Listen you stupid cum guzzling spastic, the issue is related to U2 as a whole and consequently does NOT belong in the No Line thread.

And I LOVE how you cunts try to supress others opinions here.

Like it or not U2's album has generally received more positive reviews than Chinese Democracy. Does that make it a better album? I don't know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I think Chinese Democracy is a pile of shit for the most part, but you don't see me going on the Discussion & News section and belittling everyone because they don't agree with me. I agree, I do get in some arguments over some people on the forum, but I don't purposely criticize the band the death because its stupid and pointless.

And I disagree, Chinese Democracy is a bundled mess. It sounds like Axl had a big love for this techno direction, but it doesn't fit with his style of music in my opinion. Its one of those things I could listen to one, but never really care to listen to again.

Come off it kid, YOU were the one who for no apparent reason raised the issue of Chinese Democracy when I brought up the poor lyrics in NLOTH. So heed your own advice son and stop trying to supress other people's opinions because they aren't in line with yours.

Furthermore - a NLOTH fan calling CD a mess. Oh dear. :rolleyes:

Yeah, washed up alright. :rolleyes:

You obviously have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

And seriously, making a thread because you don't like their latest album? C'mon, grow up. You make a thread if you like an album or a band, not one to bash them and their music continually to fans.

Fuck you, hooray for tolerance!.

Just don't listen to it then.

I don't like U2, I don't listen to them, but that doesn't mean they can't put out albums and please their fans and do what they love.

Sorry - you aren't making any sense. I've already listened to it and don't intend to listen to it any more. I do however wish to express my feelings on the album.

Listen you stupid cum guzzling spastic, the issue is related to U2 as a whole and consequently does NOT belong in the No Line thread.

And I LOVE how you cunts try to supress others opinions here.

Come off it kid, YOU were the one who for no apparent reason raised the issue of Chinese Democracy when I brought up the poor lyrics in NLOTH. So heed your own advice son and stop trying to supress other people's opinions because they aren't in line with yours.

Furthermore - a NLOTH fan calling CD a mess. Oh dear. :rolleyes:

Because your a complete tool who worships Axl Rose like he's the fucking messiah. I know you Jim Bob, and one way to piss you off is to make a comment on how Axl's ruined the band and Chinese Democracy isn't that good. Which is partially true.

Furthermore you complete dick, there's no reason to completely trash U2 when in fact Chinese Democracy is bland, lacks movement, and completely boring. You, Robo Axl, think you own the board and you can say whatever you want because your opinion is better than everyone else's, well here's the facts you scumbag, nobody likes you here - just look at your star rating - you have one star which is a measurement on how nobody likes you here, you piece of shit.

Here's some advice, stop trashing other people's music tastes. I brought up Chinese Democracy because its easy to be a dick, so I was spreading it back to you. I know you love that record, and you got all uptight when I mentioned how "bad" it is. It goes both ways.

Go back to HTGTH where you can get along with Jarmo and his croonies.

Not to mention that U2 has received better reviews than Chinese Democracy, and that U2 is more respected than Axl Rose in the media's eyes. Know why? Because he's easier to get along with and he doesn't switch his band mates every single month.

I know you don't care about the charts, but if U2 has had this much success for this long, you know they're doing something right.

Axl Rose on the other hand, has been irrelevant since 1996.\

I don't hate Axl Rose, I just hate the people who worship Axl Rose, like yourself.

Edited by Rock N' Roll

I haven't heard the new album yet, but I can definitely tell you that they have brought out at least one great album since Achtung Baby: All that you can't leave behind.

Also, I really like Atomic Bomb.

all that you can't leave behind is good

All You Can't Leave Behind is great but like most of their tracks, I prefer the live version U2 do of songs like Elavation (even though the studio version is killer).

Watch the Slane performance where they open the show with the song to see what I mean, the energy is insane.

Edited by Snake Eyes

I agree with the topic starter. If U2 had put this album out in the 90's it would have been ripped to shreds. It seems like the bar has been dropped to the floor this decade. If this album is a 5 Star Classic than Chinese Democracy should have gotten 10 stars. If The World on it's own remixed 10 different ways would still kick the shit out of No Line On The Horizon.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Because your a complete tool who worships Axl Rose like he's the fucking messiah. I know you Jim Bob, and one way to piss you off is to make a comment on how Axl's ruined the band and Chinese Democracy isn't that good. Which is partially true.

Who the fuck is Jim Bob?

Furthermore you complete dick, there's no reason to completely trash U2 when in fact Chinese Democracy is bland, lacks movement, and completely boring. You, Robo Axl, think you own the board and you can say whatever you want because your opinion is better than everyone else's, well here's the facts you scumbag, nobody likes you here - just look at your star rating - you have one star which is a measurement on how nobody likes you here, you piece of shit.

Bland? Haha. Even critics who DISLIKE Chinese Democracy don't say it's bland, they say it's over-produced and unfocused. On the other hand, the primary criticism of No Line is that the music is bland and boring. Sorry, but Bono moaning "oooooooooooooh, aaaaaaaaaaaaah" through at least 50% of the songs isn't enough to maintain my interest, through I'm sure it grabs yours if you catch my drift.

As a wise man once said "the truth is the truth hurts" - that's all I can say about my low rating, cocksucker.

Here's some advice, stop trashing other people's music tastes. I brought up Chinese Democracy because its easy to be a dick, so I was spreading it back to you. I know you love that record, and you got all uptight when I mentioned how "bad" it is. It goes both ways.

Uptight? Naw. I was going to comment on No Line anyway. You however were annoyed enough at my trashing of U2 that you decided to leave a comment on my profile.

Not to mention that U2 has received better reviews than Chinese Democracy, and that U2 is more respected than Axl Rose in the media's eyes. Know why? Because he's easier to get along with and he doesn't switch his band mates every single month.

Media means nothing. As I said in another thread, Axl doesn't feed the media their filthy gruel, Bono (and Slash for that matter) bends over backwards to accomodate 'em.

Edited by Robo Axl

First of all, who the fuck is Jim Bob? Your ex who left you after your passionate lover affair with Bono "Bozo" the clown?

A gay joke, huh? Well played.

Bland? Haha. Even critics who DISLIKE Chinese Democracy don't say it's bland, they say it's over-produced and unfocused.

So there!

As a wise man once said "the truth is the truth hurts" - that's all I can say about my low rating, cocksucker.

Are you acknowledging that you're hurt by your low rating, cocksucker?

Media means nothing. As I said in another thread, Axl doesn't feed the media their filthy gruel, Bono (and Slash for that matter) bends over backwards to accomodate 'em.

Yeah, and look where they are!

A gay joke, huh? Well played.

I already edited it to avoid causing offense to the homosexual community here... looks like I was too late. :no:

So there!

Two word responses don't make the cut son.

Are you acknowledging that you\'re hurt by your low rating, cocksucker?

Hurt? Haha. Why would anything on an internet forum hurt kid. Don't project your own insecurities upon me.

Yeah, and look where they are!

Releasing crappy albums year after year and cashing checks?

Edited by Robo Axl