The top 5 most overrated people in "Rock"

Gordon Comstock

3. Joy Division

Emo bullshit

Now that's an intelligent remark, well done.

5. Kurt Cobain

When you brand this guy as overrated, his defenders swarm to his defense. "He had a great ear for pop melodies", they say. Funny then that Nirvana's music consisted of mindless grunge noise.

Have you heard Nevermind? I'd kinda get your point if you've only heard Bleach, but Nevermind is filled with poppy, catchy riffs and melodies.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. Joy Division

Emo bullshit

Now that's an intelligent remark, well done.

5. Kurt Cobain

When you brand this guy as overrated, his defenders swarm to his defense. "He had a great ear for pop melodies", they say. Funny then that Nirvana's music consisted of mindless grunge noise.

Have you heard Nevermind? I'd kinda get your point if you've only heard Bleach, but Nevermind is filled with poppy, catchy riffs and melodies.

Joy Division are just bland and depressing. There really isn't anything to else to say about them.

Nevermind is a good album. But Nirvana are a band with a legacy that rests on that one album. In Utero is not good at all, neither is Bleach.

Edited by Robo Axl

1. Prince

This guy's a joke. A talented instrumentalist does not a great musician make. Terrible voice, values quantity over quality, hasn't released a decent album in many, many years and those albums were only BARELY decent.

Well that's just wrong.

Why is it so hip to hate Bono?

Good question.

Honestly, I think Bono is one of the greatest musicians today. He gives to charity, lobbied at the White House, manages to keep his band intact while being the center of attention, and continues to write tremendous music.

Bono has made some of the finest music ever created. His albums keep developing as he ages, from the 80's to the 2000's. The man has never written a bad song, its just sheer brilliance all the way through. Not to mention that he does charity work along with his music projects. How awesome is that? The man gets along with everyone, Africa and his own band-mates. U2 is everyone of their original lineup still intact throughout these years, and that's impressive!

He's definitely one of the most talented artists, and one of the classiest.

Well, he's a great person and a great musician.

Overall, his music catalog is brilliant, and he manages to keep his older fan base as well as attracting some of the younger audience too. He's a musician from the 80's that can still manage to sell out stadiums around the globe, including the United States.

He's probably one of the greatest artists of all times.

Regardless, Bono is better than almost every other rock musician.
Every live thing with Bono I have seen has just been embarrassing. He has an uninteresting voice, he's lame on stage, and he's a diva. What's so appealing about that?

You've got to be kidding me! He sings his song with personality, and he has some of the best range a front-man can have. Not to mention his plea for help to support AIDS victims. I think that's cool how he uses his fame and fortune as leverage to increase a good cause.

This.... made my day :lol:

I think Bono is one of the greatest musicians today.write tremendous music.
I think Bono is one of the greatest musicians today.
write tremendous music.
Bono
greatest artist of all time

1236637012072.jpg

I laughed so hard I almost puked. One of the finest moments in this forums history.

*applauds*

1. Geddy Lee

2. Bono

3. the singer from Coldplay

4. Jack White

5. Kurt Cobain

what are yours?

You think Geddy Lee is over-rated?....i must i repeat must know why you think such a thing!

[in canada at least] theres a lot of rush fans who all think he has a great voice, i think it is fucking terrible! he cant sing and he cant play an intrument either! the whole bands [yea, fuck you neil pert] are shitty and overrated as fuck.

His voice is intruiging and saying neither of the band can play their instruments is a little silly i reckon but i'm a fan of that band so..

Freddie Mercury

WHAAATTTTTT!!!????!!!

no shit! Freddie is God

I wholeheartedly agree with above statement.

As far as I'm concerned, Freddie is the only rockstar who hasn't been tremendously overestimated after his death like most other dead musicians.

Him and Elvis id say!

I think Joe Walsh, not because he is not a good guitarist but because he gets too much credit from people who know much about The Eagles. He was only with them for 2 albums but every guitar solo they hear they give the credit to Joe Walsh. People forget about Bernie Leadon.

I'm going out of the limb here and I'm going to say Axl Rose.

Rolling Stone, Blabbermouth, Billboard, and MTV still care about him, but really nobody outside major music magazine sellers and buyers actually care about Axl's new GN'R. He was really popular back in the late 80's and early 90's, but nowadays he's nothing but a has been.

haha, just mind blowing, ahh so mind blowing.

1. Prince

This guy's a joke. A talented instrumentalist does not a great musician make. Terrible voice, values quantity over quality, hasn't released a decent album in many, many years and those albums were only BARELY decent.

No..Just no...listen to sign o the times please.

Bruce

U2, Bonnars gay

Sting

Aerosmith

Pearl Jam, Vedder is a phony

1. Eddie is amazing in Pearl Jam. You're wrong.

2. U2 is possibly the greatest band in today's music scene. You're an attention seeking cupcake if you think otherwise. Its ridiculous how you say U2 is "gay" when in fact they make some of the greatest music your precious ears have ever heard. Not to mention the fact that you refuse to tell me why U2 is "gay". I find that very juvenile. If I wanted to know how much a musician "sucked" or was "gay", I'd just go talk to a middle schooler. :rolleyes: