Next Guns N Roses?

War-Lord

I know there will never be another band as amazing as GNR. Though what bands out now are close to there sound or there feel? I was just thinking there will be another band that comes along that is tottally influenced by GNR. That is why I wanted to know if this band has came out yet?

Next Guns n Roses? Shit, we're still tryna figure out what happened to the first ones...

There aint no next anything and any band that fits those sortsa bills is generally, 9 times outta 10, a piece of shit. Quit tryna be the next something or other and try figuring out what the fuck you are, today, here and now.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
This band from sweden, Snake of Eden say they're influenced by them, they don't sound much like them. They're pretty hot though!

2058bo6.jpg

I cringe everytime someone mention that these kind of bands are from Sweden. Seems like we've got a lot of them. :no:

Backyard Babies

Going to see them live thursday (+Danko Jones).

Danko too??

That's gonna be a shit-hot gig man!

I know. :shades:

And it's only 14,5€ for a ticket!

They're the supporting band on his '09 tour.

Edited by st0n3r

I doubt there will be a band playing similar type of music to GN'R that are as good (or almost) as them... Every band I've listened to that say they're influenced by GN'R are just a bunch of copycats without songwriting skills.

I'd hardly call Avenged Sevenfold Guns N' Roses copycats with no songwriting skills. :rolleyes:

2 bands came to mind: [2nd one is probably more like gnr, but are getting no attention/promotion!!!]

Buckcherry - Awesome band with an old school feel, pretty sweet live show (seen them once, seeing them again in just over a month from now). Good guitars, and Josh can fuckin sing!!

Vains Of Jenna - They are heavily influenced by GNR, Motley, etc. The first thought that entered my mind when i heard them: "These guys sound like early '70s Alice Cooper meets 1986 GNR". And its true, they really do. They have an awesome old school feel, and Lizzies vocals KICK ASS. I strongly suggest checking them out.

Kinda funny that alot of people compare Beautiful Creatures to GnR and now 2 of their former guitarists, Alex Grossi & Michael Thomas, play with Adler's Appetite. I dunno, just kinda struck me as kinda funny.

I saw Beautiful creatures @ Ozzfest back like 7 or 8 years ago. They were good. I thought they'd get bigger than they did, I guess it didn't help that their label dropped them at the same time they released an album. I remember when I saw them, my first thought was "Holy shit! That's the singer from Bang Tango!"

Back in 99, I thought Buckcherry was gonna be the next GnR.

Kinda funny that alot of people compare Beautiful Creatures to GnR and now 2 of their former guitarists, Alex Grossi & Michael Thomas, play with Adler's Appetite. I dunno, just kinda struck me as kinda funny.

I saw Beautiful creatures @ Ozzfest back like 7 or 8 years ago. They were good. I thought they'd get bigger than they did, I guess it didn't help that their label dropped them at the same time they released an album. I remember when I saw them, my first thought was "Holy shit! That's the singer from Bang Tango!"

Back in 99, I thought Buckcherry was gonna be the next GnR.

Don't forget DJ Ashba played on their debut cd as well.

I doubt there will be a band playing similar type of music to GN'R that are as good (or almost) as them... Every band I've listened to that say they're influenced by GN'R are just a bunch of copycats without songwriting skills.

I'd hardly call Avenged Sevenfold Guns N' Roses copycats with no songwriting skills. :rolleyes:

Of course not (entirely), but they don't sound much like Guns N' Roses do they? (except for 2 or 3 songs) But they're not that good anyway, and not anywhere near old Guns. If you're looking at bands with similar music style and sound to old GN'R I doubt you'll find anything decent (for more than a song or two). I probably should have clarified that I was referring to bands with similar sound to old Guns (overall), and Avenged Sevenfold aren't really particularly good songwriters... Decent guitarists though. And yeah, of course I'm exaggerating - not that much though.

Edited by Soulseller

It's simple. Nobody.

The artists who say they are influenced by Guns N' Roses in this day and age either look and sound like some throwbacks from the '80s and/or sound really generic and boring.

Also, remember that Guns were initially influenced by larger-than-life artists like The Beatles, the Stones and Aerosmith. The closest we've got to that in this generation is probably Oasis.

Edited by BrandNewCadillac