Slash's Twitter update discussion thread

Wando

Slash In the studio with Myles Kennedy, Steve Farrone & Chris Chaney, fuckin' rocking.

13 minutes ago via Facebook Text Message · Comment · Like

Myles Kennedy.. best news so far!

He should front VR :) Myles is one of my favorite singers..

Edited by Lethalis

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash was probably talking about Myles Kennedy when he said this a couple of weeks ago :

I have 1 final song to record early next month for my solo record. This song is really cool & the singer is amazing. http://bit.ly/3aSWeP

11:04 AM Oct 17th from Facebook

Dont think Ive heard of him.... Who is he? Any song recommendations?

LA

Chris Cornell vs Myles Kennedy:

Edited by axlfan88

Slash was probably talking about Myles Kennedy when he said this a couple of weeks ago :

I have 1 final song to record early next month for my solo record. This song is really cool & the singer is amazing. http://bit.ly/3aSWeP

11:04 AM Oct 17th from Facebook

Dont think Ive heard of him.... Who is he? Any song recommendations?

LA

Chris Cornell vs Myles Kennedy:

Its the guy from the movie Rockstar. He has a good voice.

Myspace blog:

Hey, what's up?

We're a little more than 2 weeks away from the LAYN "Slash & friends" fundraiser, Nov 22nd at the Avalon Theater in Hollywood Ca. George Lopez is hosting an indulgent night of Rock & Roll with special guests, Ozzy Osbourne, Billy Idol, Perry Farrell, Chester Bennington, Andrew Stockdale, Franky Perez, Dave Navarro, Travis Barker, Chris Chaney & myself. The set is going to be killer & the whole event is supporting an awesome cause. Remaining tickets are available at: <http://laynrocks.com>

Its going to be one for the books for sure.

The tracking for my record is completely done & we only have 3 songs left to mix. I'm extremely happy about how the whole thing turned out, I think you're going to dig it. Also, there is a single dropping in Japan this month that I did recorded with Koshi Inaba from the B'z. The song is called "Sahara" & is only available for sale in Japan & won't be on the domestic release of the cd. There is a surprise B-Side you gotta check out.

There you have it folks, hope to see you November 22nd at the Avalon.

----------------------------

So Sahara isn't on the actual album, niether is that version of Paradise City (thank god).

Interesting....

So Sahara isn't on the actual album, niether is that version of Paradise City (thank god).

Interesting....

Very interesting.. because I have my doubts about the whole Koshi thing. He has a great voice.. but when he tries to sing something in English you still hear he's japanese :D

The Japan only release makes sense now.

Edited by Lethalis

the clearances are coming thru

Maybe Slash should share his secrets with Axl on how to legally deal with the minutia of releasing an album in a timely manner because he will have managed to get clearances and all other legal hurdles done from like 20 different record labels in about a years time.

Can anyone even imagine Axl taking that on? We would have a minimum 10 year wait on our hands along with various sob stories along the way of not even possibly understanding the legal complexities involved with doing such a thing.

Kudos to Slash for not being detered by the legal process of making this happen.

Slash:

Them Crooked Vultures at the Wiltern, Fucking genius.

1 minute ago from UberTwitter

Steve Adler is coming up to jam a song at the LAYN fundraiser Sunday the 22nd, its going to be out of control.

Them Crooked Vultures new album is actually very good. Had a listen last night. Only found out today who the lineup are lol....!

LA

Edited by LA_0013

He never stops :D

Slash :

a full night of jamming, 1 song with Ghost Hounds, one song Joe Perry & a song off my new record called "By the sword" with Wolfmother.

about 1 hour ago from UberTwitter

Jamming with Andrew Stockdale tonight at the Wiltern Theater after I jam with the Ghost Hounds who are opening up for Joe Perry at the HOB.

about 9 hours ago from UberTwitter

Edited by axlfan88

I'm very excited to see who Slash is going to bring on tour with him next year.

Vocalist?

2nd guitarist?

Bass?

Drums?

At this point I'm guessing Chris Chaney on bass, but he hasn't used the same guy twice (except for vocalist Franky Perez) at any of the shows yet.

Could be Josh Freese or Travis Barker or Tommy Clufetos on drums or someone else.

Any thoughts?