Billy Bob Thornton Booed At Canadian Concert

AtariLegend

Just a day after making a compete dick of himself on Canadian radio, Billy Bob Thornton was greeted with a severe booing at his Massey Hall concert last night.

Thornton appeared on Q radio on Wednesday morning to promote his band The Boxmasters and their concerts in Canada with Willie Nelson. Instead, the bizarre Thornton ended up acting like a complete arsehole and threw in a few insults to Canadians as well.

Three songs into the Boxmasters set at Massey Hall, Thornton decided to address the crowd about his behavior but instead of apologizing, went on to insult radio presenter Jian Ghomeshi and the people of Canada even more. “It seems as if when I say something it is in the news,” he started out saying.

The audience began to boo him.

“Boo all you want, but I want to say something.... We're really happy to be here, but I need to say something. I talked to this a?hole yesterday. I sat down and talked with this guy. He and his producers say, `We promise you we won't say that'. The very first thing they said was that. I don't really like sensationalism. If you look someone in the eyes and promise them something, and you don't do it, you don't get the interview. That's the way it goes."

What was apparently promised was that Ghomeshi would not mention that Thornton was an actor. A the slightest mention of even having a career before The Boxmasters, Thornton went off his nut.

Ghomeshi should be given a medal for what he went through and how he calmly handled the arrogant star. The members of The Boxmasters sat silent, looking stunned.

About Canadian concert goers, Thornton called them “mashed potato with no gravy”.

Thornton claimed in the interview that he did not understand the questions. One of those questions was “how long has the band been together”.

What is really sad about this incident is that Thornton has basically destroyed The Boxmasters in a fit of arrogance.

I’ve seen the band twice and they are a great live act. Not a great recording act, but a good, tight, fun country-punk band.

The very fact that The Boxmasters is fun made them worthwhile seeing. Thornton has sucked their major asset, fun, out in one angry outburst.

After the Thornton incident, the actor has flushed his credibility right down the toilet faster than you can say Joaquin Phoenix or Michael Richards.

The Boxmasters will not recover from this. They need a new singer or they need to call it a day.

Billy Bob Thornton has destroyed his band.

Watch the Q interview here:

Undercover News, Billy Bob Thornton at SXSW:

Source: http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=8014

Not entirely sure if this is the right section, it's an actor singing... :xmassrudolph:

Nice of the spoiled brat movie star to piss on his fellow bandmates' careers like that.

As if not mentioning he makes movies was going to throw anybody of the scent..."oh,it's that Billy Bob Thornton...who knew?".

jesus..

Pretty fucking silly all around and falls in the who-gives-a-rats-ass category...instantly.

Guest deleted_19765

If the request was indeed made, he could have dealt with it a lot more respectfully. I can understand why he wanted the interview to be conducted that way, but Ghomeshi didn't seem to have any idea, and even if he did, the reaction was totally inexcusable. What a baby.

I have an odd suggestion for how billy bob could have handled the situation. He could have been a professional about it and just talked about his music, if that's all he wanted to talk about. When a politician gets asked a question on a subject they don't want to discuss, they just turn it around to a different subject. He decided to act like a pussy.

The Boxmasters, the band fronted by actor Billy Bob Thornton, has withdrawn from the Willie Nelson Canadian tour after Thornton`s bizarre behavior on a Canadian radio show this week.

Thornton behaved like a spoilt child when he threw a tantrum while being interviewed by Jian Ghomeshi on CBC radio on Wednesday.

The actor took offense at being referred to as an actor.

Thornton made a fool of himself and embarrassed his band members when he said he didn’t know when his band got together, claimed he did not know Willie Nelson (who they are touring with and whose house Thornton has stayed in) and then refused to sing, leaving his band to play an instrumental.

To make matters even worse, he insulted Canadians calling then “mashed potato without gravy”.

Instead of an apology, Thornton made it even worse the following day when he called Ghomeshi an asshole three songs into The Boxmasters show. He was booed.

Today, the tour has been cancelled and Thornton has left Canada.

While there is no mention of the incident at The Boxmasters website, a statement at Willie Nelson’s website reads, “It has been reported that Billy Bob Thornton & The Boxmasters will not be continuing the Canadian tour with Willie and Ray. At this time, no reasons have been announced but the remainder of the tour will continue as scheduled without The Boxmasters”.

Source: http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=8022

He boned Angelina Jolie.......and for that he will always get props in my book.

Amen. He also had the wits about him to get outta there b4 all the kids showed up as well.

He also got to roll around naked with Halle Berry in "Monsters Ball"....