The first album you bought, and your most recent..

The first i got given was "Steps-Gold" i think that was the title :P

The first i actually bothered to go out and buy for myself was Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits

I got a few albums recently on a shopping spree:

- Death Magnetic- Metallica

- Rust Never Sleeps/ After the Goldrush/ Harvest/ Prarie Wind/ Fork In The Road- Neil Young

- XIII- Mushroomhead

- Magical Mystery Tour- The Beatles

All of the albums are good except Metallica's... I was really disapointed to be honest... Other than Unforgiven III (and thats really only average) it was a waste of a purchase but o well... you live and learn

xXx

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first thing i ever bought was a run d.m.c. cassette off this dude who sold a bunch of shit out of his trunk. i was like 11. me and my boys played that shit 24/7.

picked up the two suites of madlib's beat konducta vol. 5 on vinyl the other day. need to get that new cam'ron sometime this week.

First one given to me was Paul McCartney's first solo album (vinyl).

Second one given to me was Sly and the Family Stone's Greatest Hits (vinyl).

Third one given to me (by my babysitter) was Alice Cooper Killer (vinyl)...she was blown away with my 11 year old obsession with that album,so she let me keep it...(the hanging calendar too!).

Thank you Laurie!!!...love you forever!!!

Fourth One given to me was Sly and the Family Stone There's A Riot Going On (vinyl).

Fifth one given to me was Zep 4. (vinyl)

Oh yes...I remember!!...these were religious experiences man! B)

First one given to me was Paul McCartney's first solo album (vinyl).

Second one given to me was Sly and the Family Stone's Greatest Hits (vinyl).

Third one given to me (by my babysitter) was Alice Cooper Killer (vinyl)...she was blown away with my 11 year old obsession with that album,so she let me keep it...(the hanging calendar too!).

Fourth One given to me was Sly and the Family Stone There's A Riot Going On (vinyl).

Fifth one given to me was Zep 4. (vinyl)

Oh yes...I remember!!...these were religious experiences man! B)

Wicked!

Think I still have an obsession with that one. Classic. rock3

Edited by Becket

First "45" given to me was "When A Bunny Wants A Carrot" by Captain Kangaroo.

Still have it..

The flipside is a song by Mr. Green Jeans (I'd have to look up what it's called...can't remember).

First: Santana (vinyl)

Recent: Leonard Cohen live at the O2 Arena (cd)

Did you get the DVD as well? I picked up both recently when HMV offered a deal if you bought the two together. Haven't watched it yet, I've got a ton of stuff to work through till I get to the Cohen show, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Edited by KBear

• 4 weeks later...

Cool topic.

The first was Kiss' Dynasty (should have been Die Nasty) on vinyl when I was four. Purchased with my mom and brother at Prange Way. I'll never forget that day, as rock has dominated a set percentage of my mind ever since. My older brother left with Abba's Gretaest Hits, which unfortunatly for him did not come with a kickass poster. That Dynasty poster was taped on the wall beside my bed for a couple of years tainting my dreams. Still have the LP, and it still kicks ass!

The most recent two would be The Offspring's Ignition on vinyl from The Exclusive Company, and just yesterday I was the winning bidder on Ebay paying a jester's ransome for a GNR Live Era 4 LP set. Hope she gets here safely!

As far as my 1st ever :thumbsup: post at Mygnr, you folks are looking at it.

Cool topic.

The first was Kiss' Dynasty (should have been Die Nasty) on vinyl when I was four. Purchased with my mom and brother at Prange Way. I'll never forget that day, as rock has dominated a set percentage of my mind ever since. My older brother left with Abba's Gretaest Hits, which unfortunatly for him did not come with a kickass poster. That Dynasty poster was taped on the wall beside my bed for a couple of years tainting my dreams. Still have the LP, and it still kicks ass!

The most recent two would be The Offspring's Ignition on vinyl from The Exclusive Company, and just yesterday I was the winning bidder on Ebay paying a jester's ransome for a GNR Live Era 4 LP set. Hope she gets here safely!

As far as my 1st ever :thumbsup: post at Mygnr, you folks are looking at it.

Ha! Very cool :thumbsup: Welcome to Mygnr, btw :shades:

Chinese Democracy was the latest I think. It's a fucking rarity that I actually buy albums, so I can't imagine I've bought one since then.

First? Hmm. The first I can remember buying was Bon Jovi's Crush when it came out - I was only 11 or 12, so gimme a break. :D