Muse

LightningBolt

So I have their album Absolution and I seriously can't get into this band. I like their more well known songs like "Knights Of Cyndonia" and "Hysteria" and all of them, but I just can't get into them outside those select few songs. I like much music from the same genre, and they're a fairly mainstream band, but I suppose it's one of those bands that just weren't mean to fit my tastes. I personally feel it's the constant use of falsetto that turns me off of them. Anyways I heard Black Holes & Relevations would've been a wiser choice for a first Muse album as it's more accessible. Any truth to that?

So, anybody else out there have trouble getting into Muse? Any suggestions for us nay-sayers from the fans of them?

I think Absolution is a boring album, honestly. It's their only album that I don't like. Go for either Origin of Symmetry or Black Holes & Revelations. Or, just wait a few months, give it another spin, and see if you like it. That worked for me with the Queens of the Stone Age.

I've tried, and while I acknowledge they are all great musicians... they just don't click with me.

+1

Agreed.

I do like Our Time Is Running Out.

But I'm not a fan of the vocals, the lyrics, the style as a whole really. There's something there for some people I am sure, it just doesn't resonate with me in any capacity.