New Alice In Chains Song/Video Tommorow

WhazUp

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...qTStVbStGa1E9PQ

Seems fruitless to send it now when it will be widely available tomorrow. Its a cool song. The band sounds fucking incredible. Its some of the darkest and heaviest music the band has ever written. Jerry does most of the vocals. Duvall's vocals sound good but they will take getting used to. His harmonies with Jerry sound good but when they feature him on his own I hate to say it, but Layne just simply would have sounded better. The song is 7 minutes long and Id say its a combo of the heaviest stuff off the self titled disc and Dirt.

Have to listen tomorrow with fresh ears and a fresh coffee, but initial impression leaves me a bit cold. Seems a tad underwritten to warrant 7 minutes. The song itself seems to be lacking a sense of real movement, but that may be due more my overtired brain dragging itself across the floor than the song itself. We'll see how it sinks in tomorrow.

Edited by oneway23

I got mixed feelings about this.... i'm glad they are making new music, but at the same time it just doesn't sound the same without Layne. Almost plain..... missing the stand out vocals.

Assuming they have better and less boring songs on this upcoming album...

I can't believe they would release this song as the 1st single. A 7 minute song that is basically the same all through out, really? That's the best comeback plan?

I got mixed feelings about this.... i'm glad they are making new music, but at the same time it just doesn't sound the same without Layne. Almost plain..... missing the stand out vocals.

I can't believe they would release this song as the 1st single. A 7 minute song that is basically the same all through out, really? That's the best comeback plan?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Agreed.

It's better than I expected, but as Forsaken has said, I'm missing Layne's stand out vocals.

they should release an 8 year old song that is redundant and lots of guitars over it. and put axl on it!

actually i like it definatly, but im still waiting to get used to it.

ps i liked Chinese Democracy - the song

I actually kinda like it. Ive been into AIC forever, one of my fav bands, and it still for sure has their sound. It kinda sounds like something off of the self titled disc. I will agree that its too long but it definitely rocks and the guitar tone is bad ass. Plus anyone who follows AIC knows they probably have some real good bluesy acoustic songs ready to go too. Duvall's vocals have grown, you just have to accept that hes not Layne and deal with it (since we're on a GNR board that shouldnt be too hard). As the last poster said, its better than most of whats out there but its good even on its own merits, it could have held up back in the day. Im sure the album will be worth a listen

If you're gonna come back after a long hiatus -- especially if your original singer died -- you need to have a good reason to do so. And it needs to show in the music.

In my opinion, this is okay, but it's overlong and fairly...standard. AiC inspired so many heavy metal/post-grunge bands in their wake that this just doesn't sound like anything that hasn't been done to death already, and I have to admit: without Layne's vocals, and with the new guy obviously trying to pay tribute to his style, you're just reminded of how much better the original was. It would have almost been better if they'd gotten a totally different type of vocalist, because then at least it wouldn't have drawn such instant comparison. :shrugs: I'll give the whole record a listen with an open mind, but hopefully this isn't a highlight.

Then again, it could have been a lot worse.

Edited by Estranged Reality

This song is really good.

First listen, it didn't do anything for me. Second listen I started to understand it more. Third listen, I started to enjoy it. I then woke up this morning with the song in my head. That's when I know something is good. I have been listening to it more, and I think it's brilliant. It's a great indication of things to come.

Does it knock your socks off? Blow your mind? No, it doesn't, but I also don't think this is the song that's supposed to do that, but I'm sure they do have songs like that. I have trust in Cantrell.