Ozzy and Zakk Wylde (might be) splitting up

Black Sabbath

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozzy has gone from legend to chump with the help of his catch you next tuesday of a wife. Hasnt really made a good album in awhile. I love the guy but someone needs to take him out to pasture and just end it already. Zakk is better off in BLS

Black Rain is a great album damn you! :angry:

Also, Ozzy signed a contract for 3 more albums, so no, not retiring after his next one.

Oh, I guess I read wrong. But really, I can't imagine his voice getting any better, and he's up to using ten thousand backing vocal tracks as opposed to two or three per song. "I Don't Wanna Stop" is kinda catchy, but not a fan of his newer stuff. I do like quite a bit of his 90's stuff, though, and his recent covers album is good, as well, but Black Rain wasn't very good, in my opinion.

Zakk Wylde and his guitar-wankery is boring as fuck anyways.

Meh, I think he has some cool riffs and solos.

I knew this was going to happen. I shouldn't have made this thread.

I think it's a good thread. I had no idea they were splitting up, though Ozzy will most likely find a good replacement like he always does.

Edited by LightningBolt

Guest Sweet Tooth
Oz is right, Black Rain sounds like BLS throwaways (which is basically everything after Blessed Hellride). Good on him for recognizing that, and wanting to move away from that awful writing/sound.

Shush, BLS is fuckin' epic and if I didn't lose my ID, I would be seeing them next saturday.

I heard that Ozzy is trying to get John 5. I looked it up and found this from BLABBERMOUTH:

Well, I'm getting a new guitar player as we speak," Ozzy told Classic Rock, "and everyone has been saying to me for a long time, 'Get Johnny 5!' And I tried him at one time and I didn't really give him a chance. We'll see, I don't know. I haven't fallen out with Zakk, but Zakk's got his own band, and I felt like my stuff was beginning to sound like Black Label Society. I just felt like I wanted a change, y'know?

Edited by LightningBolt

I haven't really heard much of Ozzy's new music.

I think "I Don't Wanna Stop" wast the last single I heard from him. It's a good song in my opinion. Nothing epic or classic, but for what passes as rock today... That track knocks it out of the park.

----

Probably one reason I never really had an urge to listen is because... One, he's long gone off the rails. He's crazy... But who isn't :rolleyes: (that's my eyes scrolling to the top banner of this here forum)

Two, the whole "Ozzy" name has gone really commercial. I'm not saying that he's sold out or anything, but seeing his name on the album doesn't make me think Ozzy Osbourne. It makes me think of this band that tries too hard to create some metalapocolypse, and fails.

Then I just associate it with the whole Ozzfest, and The Osbournes. The man is a legend for god sake, but it almost seems that his albums are just merchandise in this Ozziverse.

----

He should take a lesson from Slash's Snakepit and what Slash is currently doing. In fact I think that Ozzy should do the same exact thing.

Unless he works with Black Sabbath again, he should just release an album without a regular band.

Of course having the Black Sabbath reunion or Tommy playing on Ozzy's next album is kind of... Well-- not going to happen. I'm not sure how that lawsuit is going, but I don't think they'd be on the same page for an album.

----

At the very least, maybe him and Axl can release a duet album. "Exiled"

Hey Berserkers, everything is great with Ozzy/Dad. See you at the Blizzcon convention in Anaheim August 22nd or before with BLS

9:16 PM Jul 14th from web

Zakk via Twitter

:thumbsup:

My piece of shit brother is going to be there. Damn.

Zakk is such a badass. He came to my town, on a Tuesday night early March (dead as fuck), and still put on one hell of a show. I about burned off my finger holding a lighter during In This River.