Who's your favourite Metallica Bassist?

FuddMckagan

Bassists  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know theres some Metallica fans on this board. Just wanted to know who your favourite bassist was for them, because of their skill, style or whatever.

For me, it's Cliff all the way. He's my biggest inspiration as a bassist, his style and skill were just amazing. He was taken away from us to early.

So who's yours?

this shouldn't even be a question. Cliff Burton IS Metallica.

he personified everything that was cool about that band. after he died their cool factor dropped about 80%.

i like Jason alot, but c'mon man!

cliff_burton1.jpg

----------------

Listening to: Dwight Yoakam - Time Spent Missing You

via FoxyTunes

Edited by artfromtex

what is all this talk about Jason's great background vocal ability? did i miss him and James kicking out some killer harmonies? or are you talking about the screaming and grunting? [sarcasm]yeah, that's great!![/sarcasm]

Edited by artfromtex

Gotta go with Cliff- Jason was fine & didn't ruin the band or anything; it's just that Cliff was a freakin nut and lived and breathed Metallica when they were still playing closet-sized clubs and and crashing on floors you and I wouldn't take a leak on.

Metallica was awesome with Cliff. After he died, "And Justice" was awesome, but that was pretty much it. I might even say "And Justice" might have been their best, kind of like an AC/DC Back in Black energy and emotion after the death of a close friend, but after that subsided, it was all downhill.

how is this even a question? Cliff!

That said, my fav record is And Justice For All and not only is that a Jason album, you cant even hear the friggin bass on it. So Cliff was the best bassist but I dont subscribe to the argument that had he lived they wouldnt have made Load or Reload.

Metallica was awesome with Cliff. After he died, "And Justice" was awesome, but that was pretty much it. I might even say "And Justice" might have been their best, kind of like an AC/DC Back in Black energy and emotion after the death of a close friend, but after that subsided, it was all downhill.

I don't know why I'm like the only one who hates ...And Justice For All with a passion. I'd probably put it as their worst with Death Magnetic as a close contender. Both of those albums were so incredibly boring that I can't stand it. And it's not just because there's no Cliff on it, either, as I like Metallica, it sounds fresh, almost as if the band was renewed after forcing out ...And Justice For All.