SLIPKNOT

Gordon Comstock

i dont know how many of you know/care, but slipknot had cancelled their 2 back-to-back shows in WA. recently because Joey Jordison (drums) became sick. they cancelled the rest of the aug/sept tour, and many fans became worried that joey was much sicker than originally thought, possibley due to extensive touring or drugs, but this has just been announced:

********ATTENTION ALL FANS*********

Dear Maggots, Let me begin by saying, We are VERY SORRY we had to cancel this leg of the tour. As you know touring is our life, Getting in front of you guys and playing keeps this band ALIVE. So it hurts us and much as you that we had to do this. There are PERSONAL issues in the band that NEED to be taken care of for us to continue touring. Let me emphasize JOEY IS NOT DEAD/DIEING, **HE IS FINE**. WE have been working hard for the last year and a half on "The All Hope Is Gone" Touring cycle and it catches up to you, as i said i said earlier but i am very sorry we had to cancel to the 2 week run but are desperately trying to make those shows up in our October tour.WE ARE NOT CANCELING OUR OCTOBER TOUR,THE BAND IS NOT BREAKING UP,WE ARE ALL ALIVE.I AM SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT, IF YOU DON'T HEAR IT FROM ONE OF US IN THIS BAND THEN IT IS BULLSHIT. WE ARE HUMAN AND SHIT HAPPENS AND THATS HOW LIFE GOES BUT WE ARE MAKING THE BEST OF IT RIGHT NOW as should YOU. We will be on the road in October and hopefully we will see you there. For everyone that has sent emails/messages thank you VERY much, They do mean a lot to us. Hang in there we will see you soon. STAY (SIC) Paul #2 & SLIPKNOT

really shitty news, especially since sept 9 was supposed to be a big day for them...

I thought they had 3 drummers anyway?

No that's GNR I believe.

You say that as if I still care about GN'R.

Also

* (#0) Sid Wilson – turntables (1998–present)

* (#1) Joey Jordison – drums (1995–present)

* (#2) Paul Gray – bass, backing vocals (1995–present)

* (#3) Chris Fehn – custom percussion, backing vocals (1997–present)

* (#4) Jim Root – guitars (1999–present)

* (#5) Craig "133" Jones – samples, media (1996–present)

* (#6) Shawn "Clown" Crahan – custom percussion, backing vocals (1995–present)

* (#7) Mick Thomson – guitars (1996–present)

* (#8) Corey Taylor – lead vocals (1997–present)

individually I think they are great players, but I cant stand 'em. They bored the living crap out of me at Download so we left to get stuck into the beers

you cant possibley mean download 2009!? i watched the webcast and was glued to the screen! they sounded fucking great!

just my opinion, but they seem like one of the better live bands out there... i guess you kinda have to be a fan of them/their style though...

Yeah, they definitely have the second ugliest fanbase behind Metallica.

Cool band, though. Like a lot of their stuff. I like the album they did with Rubin the best, but most of the hardcore "maggots" seem to think it's too mainstream and weaksauce compared to their other stuff.

Still hoping Corey does a song with Slash.

Cool band, though. Like a lot of their stuff. I like the album they did with Rubin the best, but most of the hardcore "maggots" seem to think it's too mainstream and weaksauce compared to their other stuff.

it is. that album is their worst. its also the most mainstream... coincidence? no.

Still hoping Corey does a song with Slash.

that would kick ass!

individually I think they are great players, but I cant stand 'em. They bored the living crap out of me at Download so we left to get stuck into the beers

you cant possibley mean download 2009!? i watched the webcast and was glued to the screen! they sounded fucking great!

just my opinion, but they seem like one of the better live bands out there... i guess you kinda have to be a fan of them/their style though...

i can take it or leave it, ive got plenty of carcass albums and that kind of shit but after 20mins at download it was just boring. As for spinning drumkits and all that, well we know where he got that idea from 20 odd years ago.

but like i say man, mick taylor is a great player, though his playing gets produced out a bit on the albums, joey jordison is a great drummer and corey is a great singer and he has proved it many times.

not sure about the dude that just batters a few bins for 2 hours though... I guess when they started he owned the PA so they had to let him be in the band..

• 1 month later...