OFFICIAL 'TAIPEI, TAIWAN 11/12/09' SHOW THREAD

Gordon Comstock

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• One of the best set-lists EVER.
  • Axl sounded fantastic.
  • Ashba sounded great, very fluid and much preferred to Robins choppy style and razor sharp tone that caused me ear fatigue.
  • Very happy the band leaned so heavily on new material, seems proper as this is the CD tour.
  • I love the old band and you can't take away from their vibe but the new band is simply playing stuff the old line-up could not physically do from a technical standpoint.
    Love it or hate it this band is tight as hell and playing some sick shit.
  • If they keep up with this type of set-list and performance this could be a scorch-the-earth type tour and really be the new GNR reborn and at the height of their power, very impressed.

My only disappointment is not having Prostitute in the list but I couldn't complain about this show. I would just like to see Prostitute throw in at some points in the tour.

Overall, wow, just wow! If they keep up this intensity then they are at a new level!

*Happy-me-Dance inserted here*

rock4rock3

so you went, how was the crowd, did axl walk off at any point or throw a minior tantrum?!

Good setlist! Glad it wasnt another nostalgia trip.

Although I would have much preferred they dropped If the World and IRS, and had Prostitute and Scraped. That combination would have been far stronger live.

la

2 very hard tunes to do live though, I suspect.

Can you even do 'Scraped' without a backing track?

I must say i got pretty emotional watching that youtube video of Sweet Child.... *goosebumps* :heart:

That set list its impressive, i cant wait to hear This I Love, and see Axl singing with his heart and soul... *sniff sniff*

Yeah, I cried too!! I can't wait either!! I'm so emotional right now! :unsure:

LOL! :lol: Well, I'm an emotional woman, and I'm really excited because they're touring now!! :D

Just got back from the concert! So excited & so tired!!I didn't take any pictures cuz no cameras are allowed & Axl hates camera & i got front row (stage left)!!

actually one fan's cell thrown out by Axl...but many ppl still filming...so be patient!

This was the first show in Taiwan!!So I think it was perfect!!

Gotta take a bath and remove my makeup!

btw sorry for my bad english.

Just got back from the concert! So excited & so tired!!I didn't take any pictures cuz no cameras are allowed & Axl hates camera & i got front row (stage left)!!

actually one fan's cell thrown out by Axl...but many ppl still filming...so be patient!

Tell us what he looks like!

What about his voice?

I don't understand all the hate for If The World, me and my girlfriend who LOVES Chinese Democracy have always agreed it was one of the best songs along with Catcher, Street, and Rhiad

If the World is one of my favorites. The whole vibe is really sexy and the last guitar line with that quick Spanish lick gives me goose-bumps. This should have been the James Bond theme-song, no doubt.

Edited by mcalldp